Target Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Operations Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

3.2

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in October 2018.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview with a recruiter, which consisted of a few behavioral based questions and questions concerning experience. Next was a internet conference at a local Target store with leadership from the DC that I had applied with. Very awkward. Rejected by a form rejection letter email. Very impersonal process.

Interview Questions

• Damn form won't allow me to erase the below answer....eyes rolling   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Target (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with three groups of two. It took about 20 to 30 minutes per interview. Each group asked about four or five questions, no group asked the same exact question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give a peer feedback.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fridley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Fridley, MN) in October 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR and then an in person interview at the distribution center. The HR representative was extremely helpful and got back to me very quickly. Everyone I met at the distribution center was friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• A lot of STAR questions. Tell me about a time when you...

monitored goals
      gathered information to make a decision
      executed a project plan
      anticipated a problem.

It helps to have answers with something measurable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuarts Draft, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Stuarts Draft, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted through Indeed by the a recruiter. I agreed to speak with her over the phone. The first phone call we had was a screening phone call. She asked basic questions about myself and my history. At the end of the call she asked if I had any questions and stated that the next step would be to submit an application online and then wait for an email regarding a second phone call. I received the email a couple days later and scheduled my next interview.
    When she called me for the second interview she didn't waste anytime on beginning the questioning. She reminded me that the questions should be answered using the STAR method. I did some research on the method before the phone call and thought I had a good idea of the things that I needed to say. Unfortunately I did not give myself enough time to practice and I do not feel like I answered that questions to the best of my ability. She must have agreed because she ended the call be saying that she had a few more interviews to complete and I would know something by the end of the week 'either way.'
    Today I got an email from HR stating that I was not chosen to move on in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to leverage information or resources to complete a task? (Not exact but close)
      Tell me about a time you failed.
      Tell me about a time you challenged a manager's decision.
      Tell me about a time you worked well with someone in spite of your differences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Rialto, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

2 interviews with the recruiter. One interview with senior management. Nothing above average. As long as you spit out lean management, six sigma, process improvement, you should be good to go. They are very basic but dont expect much career development from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made an improvement that benefited the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2018.

Interview

Very smooth and well structured, the questions are scripted and standardized. The interview consisted of 4 questions with deep dive questions if the interviewers need more information. The whole process was quick and straightforward, make sure you have power stories ready to use and keep your answers to the point and direct.

Interview Questions

• The questions are scripted so there is no deviation ... Describe a situation where you dealt with a stressful situation and had to make a decision with not enough information to make a decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Huntsville, AL) in April 2018.

Interview

Very average. Myself and two other candidates were given a tour of the inside facility via golf cart before we were taken to the holding room, or the "war room" as they refer to it. The interviews were done in 2 rounds followed by a "get to know you" session, each with two members of management.

Standard S.T.A.R. method approach behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and a coworker had different strategies for solving a problem and how did you decide which was best?   Answer Question
    • Can you give us a time when you were tasked with putting together and executing a plan? Walk us through the steps and the outcome you received.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Ontario, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR which lasted about 30 minutes. After the phone interview, it took about 2-3 weeks for them to tell me if the hiring manager wanted to meet and give a plant tour and afterwards an interview with 2 hiring managers.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from a recruiter (first interview), then went on site for a tour and follow up interviews.

Pros: They were really fast about their call backs. Even for the rejection call. The recruiter was friendly and helpful. Listen to their feedback and guidance if they give you any.

Cons: In the end, I didn't get any feedback as to why I did not get the job or what I could have done better. They also follow the STAR methodology very closely. They ask you about 9 STAR questions and have a sheet in front of them taking notes for each category.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you and a coworker had a different approach to a problem? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

it was a great quick fun fast high energy non formal interview at target phone in person panel style interview with situational base questions and it was very impressive