Target Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Operations Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Albany, OR) in February 2020.

Interview

There were 3 steps: Phone screening, phone interview, then another set of phone interviews with the management team. They were extremely helpful, and gave me tips on how to be successful at every stage of the interview process. Every question was behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to transition a long term goal into a day to day goal.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Gainesville, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

Went through campus recruiters. Incredibly nice, helpful and supportive. Made you feel calm and relaxed during the interview. Willing to answer my questions and give me time to think about the questions and answers if needed.

Interview Questions

• STAR method- “Tell me about a time when...”   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Statesboro, GA) in October 2019.

Interview

They only asked four questions. They were behavioral based questions that required a past example for each one. Make sure to be able to recall past events and turn them into positive examples of being a great manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you witnessed a co worker performing their job in an inefficient way and explain how you handled that situation while also improving the task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Suffolk, VA) in July 2019.

Interview

Even though I didn't get an offer, please do not read this as a review of a disgruntled reject; I happily accepted an offer elsewhere that same day. Do not be misled by the term "Operations Manager," after the guided tour and asking deliberate questions to my interviewers I quickly realized that you are 99% first line supervisor and 1% manager. The only managing you'll be involved in is the firing of your team members. All manpower, hiring, budgeting, and efficiency are handled by external teams with influence from you and your fellow managers. Depending on the size of the warehouse, you could be 1 of 60 operations managers. Your autonomy will be next to nothing. With that said, the pay remains very good for what you're doing. Without the high pay, I think Target would find it very difficult to maintain their operations managers. The interview itself was incredibly simple (albeit quite long). Just like everyone else has said, a phone screen containing 4 behavioral questions, followed by a two week break then the in-person interview with a guided tour, a conversation with the HR manager (asked what is your strength, weakness, and leadership style), and then two separate panel interviews where you are asked four behavioral questions each. There was also a role play where you had to interact with one of the interviewers and pretend he was a poor performing employee. I believe they're looking for you to demonstrate that you can interact with people, demonstrate compassion, and advise the worker he needs to improve his/hers performance. Finally there was a small math problem (under the guise of assigning manpower to a days workload in the warehouse) to demonstrate you can do basic division and addition (using a calculator). I've compiled around 25 of the questions that they routinely ask people during interviews, so here you go! Best of luck in your interviews! Tell me about a time you had to give poor feedback? Tell me about a time you had to gather information to make a decision? Tell me...you executed a plan? Tell me...you anticipated a problem? Tell me...you leveraged resources to complete a goal? Tell me...you failed? Tell me...you challenged a manager? Tell me...you made an improvement that benefited the company? Tell me...dealt with a stressful situation? Tell me...had to make an ill-informed decision? Tell me..you and a coworker had different strategies? Tell me...made a mistake and what you did to fix it? Tell me...you used multiple forms of information to make a decision? Tell me...hardest project assigned to you, and how you went about it? Tell me...you had to me a deadline and how you managed your time? Tell me...handled a leadership situation in the past? Tell me...had to many things to do and how you prioritized tasks? Tell me...the most difficult decision you've made this year? Tell me...you've collaborated with other people? Tell me...helped elevated an employee to the next level? Tell me...time you motivated your team? Tell me...led your team through a change they didn't like? Tell me...coached an employee who was under-performing? Tell me...a time that being transparent was helpful? Tell me...you had to go outside of your organization for information? What is it about Target that attracted you to this job? How does your previous experience relate to the operations manager position at Target?

Interview Questions

• Look in my summary, you should see 25 separate questions.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

The process was a three round of interviews and you go around the office rotation to talk to all of the operations managers. Then they make a decision two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you suit with the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Ontario, CA).

Interview

Phone intro meeting, phone interview with recruiter, two onsite interviews with four different members of HR and senior management, a tour of the facility and video presentation with HR representative

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped elevate an employee to the next level   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Detroit, MI) in May 2019.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter and then a zoom interview with 4 other individuals. The recruiter was very nice and the zoom call went well. They really wanted to know who I was.

Interview Questions

• A time you had to work with someone different than you?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Typical 5 questions, use the STAR method.

Overall candidate experience was terrible. A lot of back and fourth with setting up the interview. The interviewers were fine, one did not seem to want to be present.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Behavioral based questions. Folks the star approach to answering questions and you will do fine. Situation task action result. Etc. two managers. Five questions in total

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to provide feedback to a peer   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview with 2 groups of people. Each interviewer asked a set of behavioral questions and then allowed time for any questions that I had. They also did a goof job of describing the expectations and demands of this position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, asked for specific examples, and my role in each. Each question had 3 parts, asking to describe the situation, how I handled it or what my role was, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question