Target Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Project Manager Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

It was a long process. Several interviews via phone and then in person. Ended up taking a personality test. The HR person was kind but the people in charge seemed bored and disinterested.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was situational and conversational questions, one phone interview- next two in-person interviews with two people in the room at a time and finally an interview with the SVP. The whole process took two months.

Interview Questions

• If you knew a project wasn't going to meet a deadline, how would you handle this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Quick, Behavioral based interview

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question - Was I still interested in relocating.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied on-line and also had a friend internally put in a recommendation. After a while, I had a phone screen, then an in person interview with multiple managers, followed by a final meeting with psychology organization including taking a series of tests and an interview with a psychologist. Very comprehensive interviewing process.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

This was a very lengthy review process. There were multiple interviews and aptitude tests. Phone interview with HR Recruiter and then several two-on-one panel-style interviews. Be prepared to answer many situational questions of how you handled certain things in the past (conflict, failure, team-building, etc). Also a 1/2-day role-playing evaluation was required. Finally, a drug test was required immediately after position was offered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate on salary or vacation. In fact, they offered less than they originally suggested that they would offer.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2011.

Interview

Overall good experience. Phone screen with HR followed by phone IV with hiring manager. Then get called for a face-to-face with the hiring manager and his peers and leadership. Had 4-5 onsite interviews each 45 min. Q's were behavioral type.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you ...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is well organized. Target kept me up to date in a timely manner. Interview questions were all narrative based focusing on soft skills used in past negative situations, my reaction to those situations, and the outcome of the interaction. Questions were predetermined by HR, so none of the people I interviewed with had a chance to ask questions they had prepared. There was very little opportunity to talk about past project successes. There were five minutes allotted for me to ask each interviewee questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deliver bad news to decision makers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

Target uses a pretty formal interview process. They started with a phone screening with HR where they asked me to walk through my work history and my strengths and weaknesses (or as Target calls them - opportunities). When I came back in for the in person interviews I met with three different managers including the hiring manager. All three of the people asked me five situational questions like, "Tell me about a time where you had to deal with conflict. What was the situation and what was the outcome?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't really like. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all of the information. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more money and was told Target doesn't usually negotiate, but they wanted me to be happy with my offer so they gave me more money. My advice is: negotiate!

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by phone. There day later I went to their office and had a 7 people interview. Very laid back interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision that had long term consequenses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to go above and beyond the required duties of your role.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen. After that I was schedule for interviews with 3 different teams (2 in each interview) from different areas of the departments. The interview was a formal, scripted process. I was asked a series of behavior based questions that started with "tell me about a time".