Target Store Team Leader Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2018

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Target

3.4
HardAverageEasy
Found 57 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Roseville, MN) in Jun 2016

Interview

The person from HR called me late for my phone interview. Didn’t seem to care. Then I felt the whole time she already didn’t want me. I think she decided before phone call I wasn’t a fit. Haha. That’s how it felt.

Interview Questions
  • What’s your dream job??
    Answer Question
  • One question made absolutely no sense. Can you tell me about a time where you did expect to see the outcome but you saw something else and had to handle it differently than expected. I might have it a little wrong but at the time it made no sense.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ) in Apr 2016

Interview

Started with a Recruiter, then went through a few interviews with Recruiters then an assessment test that was very simple. Next interview was with a District Team Leader who used basic questions. Then a one day job shadow, then a FaceTime interview with a Group Team leader and an HR Rep. I meet all the qualifications and thought I would get an offer. They only hire a small percentage from outside and although I have years of leading large organizations I have no retail experience and that hurt.

Interview Questions
  • All basic questions tell me about a time when ------? Nothing that is any different. All answers were to be in the STAR format and you want to think big and strategic.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (United States) in Nov 2015

Interview

I got recruited though email on indeed, started with a phone interview. Simple questions tell me about yourself? Job related experience to this position? Tell me about a situation that was difficult I'm your last position?. Once you passed that you go to the store for a interview with HR executive, she basically asks the same questions as she/he did on the phone. Immediately after you interview with the store manager. Depending on which position you apply for they have a criteria of questions they ask. You want to be able to tell them situations that relate to the position your apply for. Also if your going for management they are looking to see if you are a experienced manager. Tell me a time it was difficult working with a employee, and what did you do? For me they told me right there that I was moving on to the district manager interview.

Interview Questions
Target
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL) in Nov 2015

Interview

A lot of SMART questions, meaning questions about specific situations you've been in. They also asked me how much I would want as a salary and relocation questions so be prepared for those. They have three rounds of interviews but I was only given one round.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you delivered exceptional customer service?
Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Dublin, CA) in Oct 2015

Interview

Passed the first interview, but declined the second round. My career goals simply are not with those of target at this point in my life. Typical type of interview process with a bunch of behavioral type questions. I was unimpressed with where the interview took place(in the backroom of a target store) which seemed to me as just being another number on there corporate spreadsheet.

Interview Questions
  • When you and a employer have had a conflict how did you resolve the conflict?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Target (United States)

Interview

The hiring process can be quite lengthy with multiple interviews with various leaders. Behavior based interview questions are typically used. Mainly focused on driving results, motivating teams, performance management, team development, strategic thinking, and managing execution. Relocation is a must for higher level positions.

Interview Questions
Target
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (United States)

Interview

After applying online, received an email from HR Talent Acquisition. 1st phone interview to get to know my background and experience. 2nd phone interview was Behavioral style questions. I was told my info was being forwarded to a District Team Leader next. 2 weeks later, I received a "other candidates are being considered" email. There was no immediate need for STLs in my region. I also took the online personality test. Entire process was fairly straight forward with lots of waiting.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision with high level consequences.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (United States)

Interview

3rd interview. Expected answers to be only 2-3 minutes. 1st interview I have had where you felt that much pressure to keep it short and sweet. Because you are so focused on speed, you may fail to hit on key facts.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a relationship you developed outside of your store that helped you develop.
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Target (United States)

Interview

Fairly lengthy considering it was an internal interview. I had 2 group interviews, one which consisted of 2 district team leaders then another with the group director and group level HR. I had a final interview with the regional VP and regional HR.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me one thing you did better than your boss?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (United States)

Interview

This position is typically only hired within. Executive Team Leaders are the position before. All interviews consist of about four before being accepted in to the position. These interviews are about four situational questions that you judge your leadership abilities in areas like communication, courage, strategy and relating to others.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 57