Tesla Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tesla Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Tesla

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Applied through website. First job out of college. 1 phone interview followed by a full day interview. The format of the interview started with a presentation of a prior project I'd worked on in front of the group of engineers that I would be interviewing with. This was followed by 3-4 interviews, each asking a technical question as well as questions about the presentation.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer looked into an open source project code sample I provided. I'd written the code very early in my career, so it was not very clean. It may have backfired to provide that code sample, even though the project was successful.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tesla

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview focused on technical details. I was given a sample code to debug and given hypothetical problems to solve. The interviewer also asked about my greatest strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect the interviewer to provide me a sample code to debug.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Recruiters were friendly, professional and efficient. Everyone was very open. My experience was very good. Not at all as bad as some of the reviews here sound. I would definitely interview again. They do not make it easy though so you have put in some time to prepare etc. It was fun overall and I learned something.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Went through a referral, took 2 months to get the first call from them. Too lazy, the recruiter said that they would let me know about the schedule the very next day, even after 2 weeks, no response. Expect delays.

Interview Questions

• Just proof reading of the resume, followed by tell me about yourself question, needs to be completed in 30 sec?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

At beginning, first interviewer didn't have my resume, not even in his computer... took 5-10 min to setup wifi and send resume from MY computer again...
    The second interviewer asked a lot of questions in quick pace, if you are not very familiar with the tech question, he seemed like look down on you, doubt you.
    I know it might be common in many interviews, but still very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• .NET questions and Many webAPI questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Began with typical phone screens with recruiters and engineers. Had a coding challenge that was extremely simple. Moved into an onsite that was primarily focused on tech and some process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Talk with a recruiter, then offline coding task.
    They gave me ample time to complete the coding task offline. Yet.
    Got a rather rude response that I don't know how to code (I have 10+ years of C++, so debatable)

Interview Questions

• write a command-line program to evaluate a set of equations.
      Like:
      a=b+4
      b=c+d
      d=4
      c=3+2   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. Submitted my resume.
    1) Take home coding exam via codility - 2 hours
    2) Phone Screen - mostly .Net related - 30mins
    3) Phone Screen - coding (Algos and SQL) - 1hours
    4) Onsite - 8 people - Boring - Mostly SQL - 8 hours. Apparently they don't have DB team I guess, so they asked me lot of SQL which I wasn't really prepared for.

The interviewers are from different team. They weren't sure what role I am interviewing for, so they asked me all sorts of questions (including obsolete web services).

Working over weekends and long hours is pretty norm and expect every one to do. They still run like start up. Different teams use different stack.

Interview Questions

• Mostly SQL, I assume all the interviewers were middleware and backend engineers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Tesla Recruiter contacted me. After a 30min phone screen with Recruiter, I was given a 4 hour code challenge to complete. Code challenge was design based and was aim to check practical software engineering skills. I didn't get a chance to move on. Recruiter was very responsive and polite. I really like Tesla.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruter called and connected me over Linkedin, had a online coding test, then followed by speaking to some of the team and finally onsite interview. People are very friendly. Post onsite got a call from HR that they are will to proceed further and he told it will take a week to get approvals. Post that it has been 3 weeks and did't have any followup and no replies to email from HR on any updates(Big No).