Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Walnut Creek, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

This was easily the best experience I've had interviewing for a company. I'm used to a process that's is months long, with no transparency as far as when you'll be hearing back about next steps, and no indication of what your status is. Tesla was just the opposite. About 2 weeks after I applied, I got an email from the recruiter inviting me to schedule a phone interview for the same week. The interview went well, and she was clear about job expectations and expected salary. At the end of the interview, she said that I would receive an email early the next week to schedule an in-person interview at the Tesla showroom, which would be my final interview. I got the email in the time that she said, and once again scheduled an interview for the same week with the store's manager and assistant manager. At the end of my in person interview, the two interviewers said that they would speak with the recruiter about their thoughts and let me know soon. The following Monday, I got an email from the recruiter initiating a background check, and scheduling a final call later in the week. I was offered the job during the final phone call.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about receiving feedback from a customer about their experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Applied through the tesla website, after a few weeks I recieved an email with information about getting past the screening, then had a phone interview, and an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a set back you faced and what did you do to over come it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

2 stages: First one was HR employee screening the interviewee to see if they are suitable to work at the company. Second one was speaking with the manager of the team to see if my technical/behavioral skills fit within the company

I managed to receive an offer, the HR employee forgot to relay a commitment I had during summer (planned a trip with family for about 2 weeks) and that ended up having the offer rescinded.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Got an email couple days after i applied. Asking to set up a date for an phone interview. During the phone interview general questions where asked about how should an associate behave at work. Passed the phone interview and was asked to Schedule a face to face interview. Two days later went for my face to face remember STUDY about tesla and the CEO. They will not ask you what's tesla dream just tell them. After the face to face was asked to perform a drug test and background. Got an email I passed and can move forward to setup a phsyical. Went to the phsyical they tested pretty much if your body can withstand the job your applying for. After the physical i was asked to do one more face to face interview with an supivoser now this is the person you need to impress be your self and knock it out the park and you are guaranteed to be hired. Remember tesla needs a lot of employees to reach there production goal so they need you. The hole process was about 2 months.

EHS Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

11am-3pm interviews back to back, no water break, no food or bathroom. When i requested a break for water and bathroom- they noticed that i was back to back interviews almost at last hour of interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Phone screening, Phone interview. Recruiter did not understand the job she was recruiting for. Hiring manager seemed competent. Overall not impressed by the professionalism of the recruiting staff.

Interview Questions

• What was the most complex piece of equipment you worked on and what problems did you solve?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesla in September 2017.

Interview

Three interviews. One HR to ask about my interests. Two very technical interviews. The whole process from the first call to offer in two weeks. Very fast. The recruiting team at Tesla is super responsive and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Explain a scenario where you have used more than two quality tools to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Naples, FL).

Interview

I applied and a recruiter emailed for an interview. I called in the time specified and she did not answer so I left a voicemail. I received an email that she had been caught up in a meeting. I rescheduled for her to call me. She never called at the allocated time.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

It was smooth, discussed couple objectives of the project as well as the requirements of the position and responsibilities, what is to be expected from a member of the team.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to work long hours?   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Overall process was very slow, 1-2 months. 1 Interview per week, 3 to 4 phone interviews, one final in person interview for about 4+ hours, had to give a presentation. Recruiter was awesome to work with. In person interview was back to back to back interviews with endless questions, some easy, some hard.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about electricity?
      What do you know about Tesla?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Tesla in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online in June of 2017. Didn't hear anything back until an email sent by a University Recruiter in August 2017. Scheduled a phone call with her the next day. Moved forward and had a second interview the following day with the hiring manager.