Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Walnut Creek, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

This was easily the best experience I've had interviewing for a company. I'm used to a process that's is months long, with no transparency as far as when you'll be hearing back about next steps, and no indication of what your status is. Tesla was just the opposite. About 2 weeks after I applied, I got an email from the recruiter inviting me to schedule a phone interview for the same week. The interview went well, and she was clear about job expectations and expected salary. At the end of the interview, she said that I would receive an email early the next week to schedule an in-person interview at the Tesla showroom, which would be my final interview. I got the email in the time that she said, and once again scheduled an interview for the same week with the store's manager and assistant manager. At the end of my in person interview, the two interviewers said that they would speak with the recruiter about their thoughts and let me know soon. The following Monday, I got an email from the recruiter initiating a background check, and scheduling a final call later in the week. I was offered the job during the final phone call.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about receiving feedback from a customer about their experience?   1 Answer

Assistant Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Oceanside, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a friendly and positive email stating their interest and the position they were interested in having me fill. I was invited to contact and arrange an interview. After the phone interview I was briefed on benefits and we coordinated my next phone interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Phone interview was OK, just regular questions. It was somehow rush like a machine asking you irrelevant questions back to back. Unable to expand in detail about your skills and professional experience. Besides, lack of update/response from the HR Deaprtment after the interview was done. Waited weeks before an answer was obtained and it did not come from them, followed up done from my end.

Interview Questions

• None but questions should be straight to the point or give the opportunity for expanding on the persons skills so they can decide if the person can be a right fit for the position.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tesla (Bellevue, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter. Set up a phone interview via email. Phone interview was basically just asking general questions about resume "tell me about your time at XYZ". This led to an in-store interview at the retail location. I was interviewed by both of the current assistant store managers as well as one of the employees that works underneath them (total about 1.5 hours). The store manager happened to not be at the store that day, so I was contacted to have a separate interview with him a week later. We met at a starbucks and chatted for around 40 minutes. I was then scheduled to interview with the regional sales manager who would be flying in from California to interview the final 4 candidates. All interviews had gone extremely well for me with the interviewers basically telling me they liked me and were rooting for me. The final interview with the regional director went really well, and he said his final decision was between me and one other guy. Then, I never heard anything ever again. I contacted my recruiter contact and she said they were still making a decision. Weeks later she said they were undergoing some type of hiring audit. Weeks after that and she still had no information. As the months went by, I lost respect for Tesla. 4 separate interview occasions and 6 interviewers and then nothing? Who does that?

Associate Interview

Interview

interview on Nov 26th, still waiting for result

Interview Questions

• working experience introduction, PLC/Hydraulic System diagram   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

My experience was awesome. I was contacted by more than one recruiter on the same day I applied. Was interviewed by a recruiter and hiring manager at the Lathrop site, but was also contacted by a Sr Recruiter from the Fremont site. They ended up flying me to Fremont/Lathrop for four days/3 nights to interview for two jobs. Was interviewed by quite a few people who were both pleasant and professional. The questions were basic behavioral questions. The recruiter contacted me a week after my interview trip and told me I had the job. Great offer and great benefits!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about the position. I had a phone interview with a manufacturing manager within a day or two of confirming that I wanted to interview for the position. About a week later, I was informed by the recruiter that I would be flown out for an on-site interview. They completed a background check before I could fly out to the interview. I had to prepare a 20-minute presentation of a particular engineering problem that I had solved. Flight, hotel, rental car, and meals were paid for. On the day of my interview, I first gave my presentation to a group of engineers, and then I interviewed individually for 30 minutes with each engineer. Lunch was provided, and I also got a tour of the Tesla factory. I was in contact with my recruiter over the next few weeks as the team interviewed other candidates until I found out that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Be able to talk about your past projects in extreme detail. Review basic mechanics.   Answer Question

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesla in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted with by a recruiter. Quickly after that, the processes began with a phone briefing on the job position. Next, there was a brief phone interview where they asked some basic behavior questions and asked about my experience. They also asked for my ACT scores (which I took 7 years ago) which I thought was odd. Afterwards, the recruiter contacted me to tell me that they were going to move forward with other candidates. I asked for feedback and got some brief remarks which I appreciate but weren't very helpful.

One thing to note is that there was going to be an exam and then several more rounds of interviews with a background check further down the road. I think the overall processes would have been much more difficult if I had made it past the initial screening. I was disappointed but everyone was very respectful. I was just confused why they reached out to me (without me applying) and then passed on me so early in the processes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your projects?
      What do you know about Tesla?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Applied through website. First job out of college. 1 phone interview followed by a full day interview. The format of the interview started with a presentation of a prior project I'd worked on in front of the group of engineers that I would be interviewing with. This was followed by 3-4 interviews, each asking a technical question as well as questions about the presentation.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer looked into an open source project code sample I provided. I'd written the code very early in my career, so it was not very clean. It may have backfired to provide that code sample, even though the project was successful.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview focused on technical details. I was given a sample code to debug and given hypothetical problems to solve. The interviewer also asked about my greatest strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect the interviewer to provide me a sample code to debug.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Recruiters were friendly, professional and efficient. Everyone was very open. My experience was very good. Not at all as bad as some of the reviews here sound. I would definitely interview again. They do not make it easy though so you have put in some time to prepare etc. It was fun overall and I learned something.