Tesla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process started off with an HR call followed by a phone interview with the Manager. After you clear that, then they will call for an onsite interview which has 4 technical rounds. All the interviewers were really good and supportive. No doubt that Tesla is one of the leading tech companies in the world.

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview process was smooth. Although different people showed up for the interview than I was told.
    It took 2.5 months to get a response from the company about the interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Walk us through your resume!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

I got referred by a current employee. The interview was Ok, pretty straightforward, however, after the phone interview, I got ghosted by the recruiter, even I sent a few follow-up emails.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Someone referred me to the company and set up an interview between the hiring manager and I. The hiring manager was 20 minutes late to the phone screen and didn't provide feedback as to why she wasn't moving forward with me.

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Interview

Early in the process, I received a survey to complete after sending in the application. At this moment I am waiting to get information back on the next steps that will be taken.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was overall really good. Very fair questions. Make sure to review some EE textbooks before doing the interview to freshen up some concepts. Some software background might be a plus.

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tesla (Sparks, NV).

Interview

The interviewer was very unprofessional. The other one on the line didnt even greet me or bother to even ask questions. They thought the company I worked for was an aerospace company and had no clue. I got rejection email after a week. I asked for feedback but no response since then.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tesla (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I was referred by a friend and received a call from the recruiter a few weeks later. The recruiter was very accommodating and courteous. He sent a list of standard HR questions before our intro call. On the call he asked about my experience in cells and my responsibilities in my previous positions. Within a few days, I was scheduled to talk with a manager from the team. After introductions, he went straight into technical questions. They are very similar to another major Silicon Valley company. While I answered the questions, the manager was typing as much of my response as possible. There were many questions and topics for a 30 min call so it forces you to be on your toes. The next round was another one-on-one with a team member who again quizzed me on some engineering fundamentals. Similar to the first call he was typing everything I said and it felt like the questions were from a standard list that they chose from including the follow-up questions. Unfortunately, I received feedback a few days later indicating I was not the right fit. Hope my experience can help others.

Interview Questions

• If you had a hot coffee mug in a room, what information would you need to derive the heat transfer equations?   1 Answer
    • What happens to the temperature in a kitchen that's had the refrigerator door open for the whole day?   2 Answers
    • What is the ideal cross section of a uni-axially loaded cantilever beam to maximize stiffness?   1 Answer

Production Associate Interview

Interview

Got contacted by phone and the whole time, the recruiter was just typing notes and not really caring about what I was saying causing stress for me. I prepared to the best of my ability learning about tesla and the recruiter didn't seem to care what I knew about tesla

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

Got message on LinkedIn for various opening from HR then Phone call was setup next week.
    HR collected background information and had several question on previous work experience.
    After interview got rejection.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tesla.

Interview

They ask you about some of your past projects. Then they ask you some conceptual questions with increasing difficulty. Finally you are asked to solve some relatively simple technical problems.

Interview Questions

• They asked for me to solve a discrete logic problem by simplifying and showing true and false cases   1 Answer