Tesla Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,931 of over 1,931.0 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, then phone call with hiring manager. After that, did a coding assessment. Got another phone interview after passing assessment. If passed, probably a panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral questions, some technical.
    1 Answer
8 people found this interview helpful

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

3 rounds of questions based on your resume and different types of scenarios thrown at you. Overall good experience. Not a lot of behavioral questions but definitely more of a conversation style interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Tesla

Join the conversation on

Personal Investment Chatter

9m

works at

McKinsey & Company

Many of us gained net worth in 2020 by having a stable job and investing in the stock market (some gained a lot by investing in Tesla, ARK etc.). In the meantime, millions of people lost jobs and could not afford rent (and these same people are unlikely to have benefited from the stock market). How do you feel about it? I’m not expecting any “correct answer” as I don’t think there is one correct answer. Just how people actually feel about it

1,214

148 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Dallas, TX)

Interview

Phone interview. Technical questions based off of prior knowledge from industry. Lots of technical jargon and abbreviations which were hard to follow at times. Knew some of them but some seemed Tesla specific.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

It starts with the HR recruiter understanding the fit of an individual to the role and excitement for the same. The next interview is with the hiring manager having 1-1 interview. If he/she likes it is then followed by a panel interview typically comprised of 5 people.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Fremont, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

Tesla's Engineering department obtains an EXTREMELY intense recruiting process. You'll deal with two internal recruiters and do a total of 5 - 6 different interviews with people ranging from senior engineer to senior engineering manager. I originally applied for Vehicle Test Engineer. An internal recruiter reached out to me expressing interest in my skillset and wanted to conduct a phone screening to find out if I am suitable for the Component Test Engineer position.. and thus, the process began.

Interview Questions
  • Interview 1: Phone Screening -Resume Questions - Why do you want to work at Tesla
  • Interview 2: Behavioral Questions & Resume Questions - Tell me about yourself, why do you want to leave current situation? - Elaborate on XYZ on resume.
  • Interview 3: Technical Questions/ Situational Questions - What is difference between while loop and for loop? - What is your experience with Analog to Digital Converters? - If you where tasked to design a fixture to test XYZ, how would you conduct it?
  • Interview 4: Engineering Fundamental Exam
  • Interview 5: 2nd Phone Screening - Exam results - Preparation for Panel - Discuss Potential Salary range
  • Interview 6: Presentation to Panel/ 5 Breakout Rooms -Present to the panel about a problem you've previously solved pertaining to the role you're pursuing. - 5 individual interviews with each member of the panel discussing a combination of behavioral, technical, situational questions.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla (Singapore) in Sep 2021

Interview

An online interview was conducted by the HR/Recruitment team of Tesla. The whole experience was mundane and this is the first time I went for an interview with an interviewer who sounded like a robot and provided answers with little words. Utterly disgusted with the attitude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Difficult situations ever faced and how do you deal with them

Tesla

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tesla in Sep 2021

Interview

Lengthy interview process. There is upfront no clear clarity what the process looks like exactly and in how many interview rounds you expect to be anticipating. My way or the Highway approach. Signs of a toxic work environment...

Interview Questions
  • Quite generic questions such as why do you want to work at Tesla and what can you bring to the company.

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

Typical recruiter screening call, then to hiring manager, online exam required, then more interviews. Found discussion with team members to be good and honest interactions. Decided not to pursue the interview process further at that time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

Multiple round interview process, first round was on the phone. Second round consisted of video interview with 4 people on the team including assessment in excel of modeling skills. Quick turn around, within 1 week from start of outreach by Tesla team to hiring

Interview Questions
  • Asked about alignment with mission to accelerate transition to sustainble energy and transportation

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

questions about compliance and audit experience felt the job was as advertised and the company was honest about the position would potentially work here if offered the position it was a good overall experience

Interview Questions
  • What are you strengths and weaknesses

Tesla

Application

I interviewed at Tesla

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Questions towards times of achieving goals. Times where you missed your goal and what you learned from it. Where do you see yourself in the future with or without the company. What do you want from working at this company.
2 people found this interview helpful