The Connor Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Connor Group

3.1

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Dayton, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Like everyone else, I received a call from a recruiter and that went well, she then set up a time for me to do another phone screen which was more like a personality test. That also went well. I was then set up for an in person interview with the VP of Talent Acquisition. While I wouldn't say it that was a bad experience, it was a very rushed feeling and due to being rushed I don't think I was at my best. They are known for their very fast paced environment so maybe that was all planned but I think for an interview to be successful and also for the candidate to truly be able to show their true self, it shouldn't feel like such a rushed process. I truly don't harbor any negativity for it, I just wish I wouldn't have felt so rushed. I truly think I may have gone further in the process. One never knows!
    I'm sure they will find someone to fill the position as it's a highly sought after position in my field here in Dayton but they missed out on one heck of a candiate and I have the recommendations to back that statement up!
    I should note a few things that I thought were truly unique in an interview and that I really liked; 1. The first question I was asked was more personal in nature and that really impressed me. 2. I did get the impression that although they expect a lot out of their associates, they give a lot back in return, which is rare.

I only rated the overall experience negative due to the actual in person interview. If there were somewhat negative, or somewhat positive, I would have gone with one of those because it truly wasn't all negative.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy outside of work?   1 Answer

Aug 29, 2018 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback, it is appreciated. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Apartment Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Connor Group in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position. Was called within a week by a young woman who was in charge of hiring. I had been left a message from her and then returned the call that day. The next day I was at dinner at a noisy restaurant and took a phone call from her returning my call. She asked if it was a good time to talk and I told her no, way too noisy and I was at dinner. I asked her If we could set up a better time tomorrow. She said no she was off but Saturday was good for her. She set up a time, I accepted it and repeated the information back to her. On Saturday she never called, I then called her voicemail and left a message thinking I had messed something up. Never got a call, then a few days passed and I called them back and asked to speak with her. Someone else took a message and said she was not in and I could leave a voicemail. Once again I did. Needless to say I figured it was not meant to be because who in their right mind would go work for a company where they call you to talk to you, set up an appointment and then stand you up. If you were not worthy of their time why did they call in the first place?

Apartment Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter the day after submitting my resume. She left me a message, and even though I called her back and left my own message, it was 4 days before she contacted me again. I had a short phone interview, and then she set me up for an interview the next day. Upon driving to the property for the interview, I was informed that it was a video conference interview. The HR person asked many of the same questions from the phone interview. I was told that they have a 24 hour call back policy. When I didn't hear anything after 48 hours I called the original phone interviewer. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that I received an email from her stating they were going with someone else.

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Miamisburg, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

After waiting in the lobby for over twenty minutes, I was finally taken to an office to be interviewed by the person for whom I'd be assisting. This interview seemed to go pretty well, and then I had to meet with the CEO. One would think that the CEO would have better things to do than to have an interview with an Admin for someone else, but it's whatever. Strange that there is no human resource department. Perhaps there is a reason for that? Sounds like a strategic move to me.

Interview Questions

• How would your husband describe you?   1 Answer

Sep 26, 2016 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Sorry that the interviews did not work out and we were not a good fit for each other. We believe it is every associate and leaders responsibility to "Do The Right Thing" here at The Connor Group... More

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Connor Group.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn and had a brief phone conversation about the overall job description of the job and also we discussed my work history and my skill set. The recruiter explained the of hours and job responsibilities. Based on our conversation I was then scheduled for another phone interview with another member from the company and it took roughly about 35 minutes. Not your traditional interview more short answers and some examples were required. Things went well and I am currently waiting to be scheduled for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

The Connor Group Response

Feb 3, 2017 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your interest, appreciate your feedback.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was long, but it really gave me a good feel for the people I would be working with and the company I would be working for. I liked knowing that it was a hard interview process to get through because it meant everyone I was working with went through that as well and they were all going to be hard workers and invested in the company. Overall, I had a wonderful experience and by the end of it I was very invested in the company and ready for an offer!

Interview Questions

• If you could have any career and money was not a factor what would you do?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Dayton, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

I personally went through 6 interviews. Each one was different and lasted from 45-60 minutes. The questions varied from job experience to personal background. My advice is to be honest, keep the answers simple but truthful. Highlight your achievements and where you plan to be 5 years from now.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses; what don't you like to do in your field of work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Connor Group in September 2011.

Interview

Although the interview process is intense it all happens very quickly. The interview process is generally a four to five step process that involves spending a day shadowing a tenured person in the company.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult or unexpected questions especially if you are qualified in the position you are interviewing with.   Answer Question

Interview

There was 1 phone, 2 video, face to face, and finally a day in the field. It was very intensive and involved. It was very long but well worth it in the end.

Interview Questions

• they give you a scenario of a problem and you have to describe how you would troubleshoot it   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came in with a very good offer too good to ignore. I said a certain amount per hour i wanted and they topped it saying I'm worth more!!

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Connor Group (Dayton, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen, a structured phone interview, an in person interview, and the last step you get to spend the day learning what your role would entail.