Tillys In Store Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tillys

2.0

In Store Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tillys (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

This is a great company that is marketed toward the active "alternative" sport types. Skaters, surfers, BMX, cross, motocross, band, etc, etc.... I have shopped at Tilly's since the 80s and now my kids are shopping there too. So you can guess how old I am.

I applied for the Asst. Manager or Visual Merchandising position online at the company site and via email. I have many years of retail experience and I am also a freelance artist with administrative skills. I sent in my resume for both Asst. Management & Visual Merchandiser.

I was surprised to find myself in a group interview in the middle of the local mall food court (even though the store was not located in the mall) with several teens applying by application for sales associate. I was given the same questions as the teens with the focus on my "art" and how fun it must be. I was never asked about my administrative skills, my design skills, or even my retail background. I feel that I was dismissed immediately due to my age.

I understand that they want young faces and by no means do I look old or elderly, however, I think that my skills were dismissed. It's too bad because I think that in both positions that I would have been a great team leader for the younger set as well as someone who could relate to those coming in to buy for their kids and who are spending the real money.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised by the lack of questions regarding my experience and how it would benefit the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tillys

In Store Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tillys (Irvine, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the manager and district manager after already working as a sales associate. The first interview was with the store manager, and then the second was with both the district visual merchandise manager and the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to separate branded merchandise and private label merchandise?   1 Answer

In-Store Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tillys (Ventura, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two interviews, one with the district visual merchandising manager and the other with the district manager. Overall it was a very comfortable and they were genuinely interested in what I had to say.