Tillys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tillys Interview Questions

Interviews at Tillys

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tillys.

Interview

It was a group interview that was fairly straightforward. My group happened to be a lot of high school aged kids so the questions were geared towards people who had no previous experience.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deptford Township, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tillys (Deptford Township, NJ) in July 2020.

Interview

The interview was very lighthearted and easy going. The energy might depend on the person conducting the interview. The store manager and lead associate conducted the interview. It was a group interview with 3 other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, and why you want to work at Tillys.   1 Answer
    • Can you make an outfit and style it?   1 Answer

Interview

Very easy , manager asks a few simple questions to get to know you nothing to worry about at all. And Tillys is always looking for new employees so chances are you’ll get hired

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose this place   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys.

Interview

Group interview, asked a series of questions by placing us in different sales scenarios. I received a call again by meeting the store manager and by then I was already told I got the job

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tillys (Santa Clarita, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and either one or two days later I got a call to come in for a group interview. I wore a cute top from Tillys, Levi’s, and some booties. I was interviewed with 5 other people in the back like storage area. The two managers asked us questions from a sheet and they asked us by name so we didn’t have to fight for answers. Then they gave us each an article of clothing and had us make an outfit out of it then bring it back. It was really easy and as long as you’re outgoing and happy, you should get the job. The manager said she would call us Tuesday (I interviewed on a Saturday) if we got the job.

Interview Questions

• What bands or influencers do you follow on social media?   1 Answer
    • What’s an uncomfortable situation you’ve been in and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What did you do when you saw someone being dishonest?   Answer Question

Interview

-Group interview with other candidates
    -Manager asked a question, answered in a circle
    -Asked to stay behind after

Tip: Dress in the style of the clothes they sell or how you'd dress if you were working there

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tillys.

Interview

The interview is a group interview where you are asked basic retail question regarding customer service, what that means to you and some scenario questions then you will most likely be asked to build an outfit based off of one item the interviewer pulls for you to work with.

Interview Questions

• Build an outfit based off of this item   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Sacramento, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

It was really laid back and fun. There was about 5 of us. The manager called on a person to speak. The manager really made you feel comfortable. After a couple days I got called in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be a taco or a hotdog?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Coral Springs, FL) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process wasn’t too bad, I applied online and waited for around two weeks then heard back for an interview. The wait for an interview was kinda long in my experience. After the interview they said that they’ll tell me the results in about a week but weeks later I never heard back from them so I can only assume the offer went to someone else.

Interview Questions

• The interview itself was quite easy they only asked questions that really were meant to show your personality. Since mine was a group interview I recommend that you just try to be confident and prepare yourself so that you could stand out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tillys (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

The first interview was a group interview and took about an hour. Fairly easily, basic questions. They had you put an outfit together. Their hiring process took forever so I never ended up accepting the job offer, the only downside.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your style?   1 Answer