USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Online testing. You are then sent an email with a scheduled phone interview and have to send an email back confirming the date and time but are not given a choice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult sale to a customer who was not interested.   Answer Question

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and waited about 2 weeks before being asked to do a personality test which tested my typing skills and asked about other behavioral and personality type questions. Two days later I received an email saying I was chosen to move forward and have a phone interview with a recruiter the next day. The phone interview was simple. Asked about resume and asked two behavioral questions. After talking to the recruiter for about 30 minutes he told me I would be moving onto the next interview and asked if I could come into the office. Unfortunately I live out of town and couldn't come into the office, but was given a phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. I talked to two people on the phone for a total of an hour and the next day was offered the position pending a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at USAA?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you brought a group of people together whether for work or school.   Answer Question

Senior Decision Sc Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied, a couple days later I signed a non-competition agreement, a couple days later, I was invited to take an online logic test. The next day, an HR lady called me for an interview, the day after that I talked on the phone with the hiring manager. Waiting for a formal interview.

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

It's a three step process. First is the online assessment which includes a typing test, then it's a phone interview, and then a face to face. Overall it was a pretty simple experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a decision that didn't go as planned.   Answer Question

Software Developer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

1st interview was on my college campus, it was one on one, and not very technical. 2nd interview was onsite, single interview with a manager and senior software developer, also not very technical. For the second interview we were put up in a nice hotel and taken to dinner as a group by a manager and a relatively new software developer. In the morning we were all picked up and taken onsite for a tour and interview. It was an all day thing, but only one interview.

Interview Questions

• You climb a 60 foot tree and have the ability to span up to 3 feet at a time. What's the minimum number of branches you'd have to touch to get the top?   3 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied for a customer service representative online. I was contacted for an interview a month later. Basic Interview questions. Two interviewers. One on the phone and one in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client and try to sell them a product.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online using through their website for multiple positions. I then got a phone interview where I was told the one interview was for multiple opportunities. After the phone interview, they are flying my to Texas for another and I believe that is the last one.

Interview Questions

• When have you done an analysis and what problems did you have and what did you do to overcome them?   Answer Question
    • What drew you to apply at this company?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

First I had a phone interview. Then I was called in. It was supposed to be a panel, but idk what happened. The man interviewing me seemed like he was just going through the motions. Now this was after I had passed ALL of their background investigations. So I believe it was just a formality. He asked almost the same questions the woman on the phone did. All behavioral questions. So we finished a bit early. Noticed he had something on him that I, myself did as a hobby and we spent the rest of the required time talking about that hobby.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to priortize?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had an escalated customer: and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Really, you can google behavioral interview questions and slay these!   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is your salary.

Total Loss Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and it took over a month to hear back. Was sent an email to take an online assessment which was behavioral based plus a speed typing test & fairly easy. Almost 2 more weeks passed before I received another email from the recruiter for a phone interview a week later. It only took about 10 min and was easy as well. Predictable STAR method. Was set up right after the phone interview for a f2f at campus another week later. 2 interviewers, one asking questions while another is typing. Very nice people, very pleasant interview at a dedicated interview area close to the entrance and away from the call floor which I found is a very efficient way and reduces confusion on an applicant when trying to find what is where. I was told I would hear back from my recruiter in 3-5 days about the next steps regarding background check and drug testing which led me to believe I was going to move forward, however this was obvioulsy just be a standard blanket statement which is something they should refrain from. After 6 business days I still hadn't heard anything while my application status at their website remained at "interviewing". I emailed my recruiter and never got the courtesy of a response however not even 24 hours later after I emailed that person my online status changed to "no longer under consideration" and I have no other choice but to assume I was not selected based on that as I was not notified either way. I have never interviewed anywhere else where the application process took this long nor having to wait in limbo this amount of time with zero notification from the recruiter. Quite unprofessional and disappointing. Overall impression of the company now is less than stellar. I also found out that they check applicant's credit during the background check phase which takes another astounding 2 weeks. Bottom line; streamline & revamp this entire tedious process, time is money! Let an applicant know yay or nay!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had an angry customer, where do you see yourself in 5 years, name a time when something didn't go as planned. STAR based questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I applied online through an employee referral. I got an email to complete an online assessment a few days afterwards. Maybe two weeks went by, and I got an email to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 25 minutes. My recruiter went over the job description, salary and benefits. He then asked my basic STAR behavioral questions. I rehearsed answers to common questions before the interview. He said I did excellent, and moved me into my face to face interview which was two days later. The onsite interview was fairly relaxed, with one manager over the phone and one in person. She went over her job and background with the company, and frequently stopped to ask if I had any questions. She asked me many STAR interview questions, which again, I rehearsed my answers prior to the interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes, and she ended it by saying I'd hear from my recruiter within 3-5 business days.

I got a call about 5 business days after my face to face, and I was offered the position. I received information for my background check & drug test that same day. Background check takes about 10-15 days to run.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to sell a product to someone who was dismissive?   2 Answers