USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Quick phone interview with head of department. We talked about the department and what exactly the project would be. The representative was very positive about the project and overall very enjoyable to talk too. I'd high recommend anyone who is thinking about USAA, to apply.

Interview Questions

• What is your programming background   1 Answer

Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied through the university. The first interview was at my college campus. The interview questions were all behavioral. They want to see how well you work with people during difficult situations. After that interview, I received an invitation for a final interview at the USAA campus. They provided breakfast, lunch, a tour of their campus, and a final interview. The final interview consisted of behavioral questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult person to find a solution.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied in December. Completed tedious assessment. Phone interview came a few weeks later. Within a week, I had a face to face. I was disappointed in the way the recruiter grilled me about not finishing my degree. I was not extended an employment offer but she definitely left a sour taste in my mouth and I am disappointed that she represents the company. I have applied multiple times at this point and would love to continue but maybe at a site not located in San Antonio. I knew I didn't get an offer 5 days after the interview via email. I emailed the recruiter for feedback two weeks ago but she has yet to respond.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you finish your degree?   1 Answer
    • IF you were offered the position and I mean IF would you be able to pass a casualty and property licensing exam?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received and email to complete the assessment. After the assessment, I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly thing I should expect along with on-site interview tips. He did ask a few questions like the typical, "How did you overcome an obstacle in your previous jobs." At the end of the phone interview, he passed me along to the next part of the interview process and scheduled me for the on-site interview, which was a week later. The on-site interview went great. They ask a lot of questions (so be prepared for that. Research your STAR questions and prepare these ahead of time). The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and was extremely friendly. They really want you to relax so you can go in there and be yourself. That lasted about 30 minutes. After that interview you don't find out if you get the job, they send their recommendation to HR then HR will contact you with the outcome.

Media Lad Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with multiple employees over two days. Some of the employees I interviewed with were not in the Marketing Department, but worked in departments that supported Marketing. Not everyone knew exactly what the roles and responsibilities were for the job I had applied for.

Interview Questions

• If I knew what USAA services were provided. Some of the people I interviewed with were not in the Marketing Department, but worked in departments that supported Marketing.   1 Answer

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The usual email to schedule an interview with a phone recruiter. My recruiter called me on a Monday afternoon and was on a different planet. Sounded like she was still hungover and trying to snap out of her case of the Mondays. She even apologized for her delayed replays and quickly put me through to a 2nd interview.

At the 2nd interview, the interviewer came out right on time...to tell me she wasn't ready for me yet. Interview started 20 minutes late and was relatively short. I came well dressed and well rehearsed. But apparently a Bachelors degree, a military family, and 10 years of customer service experience can't get you a job making $16.34 an hour at a call center - unless you yourself served in the combat zone. They really should just clarify this ahead of time.

Whether or not there were other qualified candidates, this company's interview process is a total disaster.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about USAA?   1 Answer

Specialized Investment Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was asked about a week later to participate in a phone interview. First conducted a phone interview before being asked to interview in person with two hiring managers. Both interviews utilizes STAR behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email to do an assesment which can take 35-45 min. I was then contacted from a recruiter via email for a phone interview. They called about 20 min late form the appointed time but was very apologetic and nice. Interview was short and to the point, basically stating the job and pay. Only questions were tell me about yourself and how to handle a difficult situation in the past. Then I was scheduled for a Face to Face. Face to Face was very laid back and lasted about 45 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to sale someone dismissive of the product?   Answer Question

Property Adjuster III Interview

Interview

Took a few weeks to hear back after I applied. Had a phone interview with a recruiter then the next day I was told i would be moving on to the manager interview. One manger asked questions while the other typed my response. This is an entry level job. I have my bachelor's and 2 years of insurance experience and was not selected. I have friends who work there with less experience. I do think they favor those with military connections.

Membe Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Got the email for the assessment test, a couple days later I got an email for the phone interview and then a call for the face to face. Face to face was hard. I had two interviewers and I felt belittled by both of them. If I didn't know USAA and their reputation, I would have declined the offer.