USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2018

2.8

College to Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I’ve applied to USAA twice and the talent acquisition team is absolutely terrible in getting in contact with you. I was never contacted and then received a rejection email saying I missed my phone interview that was never set up. As a company, USAA should make more of an effort to keep potential employees informed throughout the process and I’m extremely disappointed in how they have treated me as a job applicant.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Overall process took around 2 weeks, so timing wasn't bad. They advertise the position in being one location, but then rescinded it and decided they weren't interested in that location. Overall, a monumental waste of time.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Scripted. You can increase your likelyhood of being hired if you look good. 90/100 points if you're applying for business and 60/100 IT. Sharing common interest +10/15. Do not lie and do not sound cocky. Letting them know that you will use Google to ensure your success is honest and instills confidence. +5/20. Have questions for them too so it shows your interested. +remaining points. Don't feel bad if you didn't get it after follow these items. The chances are their friend was already promised the job but they are going through the flow

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. Phone interview wasn't as stressful as I thought. It is very informative, but still remember to ask questions. Still waiting to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Customer Service and Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online. If they think you meet the minimum requirements, they will send you an email link to their assessments. These were IQ, behavioral, and attitude assessments. I received an email a day later that they were no longer looking at my application.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (New York, NY).

Interview

It's very scripted and rehearsed. They don't get to know their applicant at all. One person is interviewing and the other is typing everything you say. Very strange experience. Situational based questions

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (New York, NY).

Interview

3 total interviews. Flew me to San Antonio HQ for 2nd and 3rd. Very fast with responses and next steps, always ahead of schedule. Genuinely the most pleasant interview process I've ever experienced. I will forever be soiled.

Interview Questions

• Different types of simple logic questions (fitting employees with tasks, figuring out how many hours people work, etc)   Answer Question
    • Questions about leadership roles and overcoming difficulties with people and processes   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

The hiring process for USAA is a true humbling experience, and teaches you patience. The total hiring time frame was about 7 weeks. Applied online, within a day I received an email asking me to complete an online assessment. I would say about a week passed and no word and I received a phone call and an email stating that I have passed the assessment and they chose a time for me to have a phone interview which was about a week later. The phone interview asks basic interview questions and wants you to use the STAR method. While on the phone interview I was offered an in person interview for the next morning. While during the in person interview went over my resume and asks behavior questions then the hiring manager spent roughly about 20-30 minutes just talking about the job and the basic duties of the job to make sure it was the right fit for me. Total in person was a little over an hour long. I was contacted the next day and was offered the position and started the background phase. The background phase took about 12 days that was the longest wait ever of the whole process they want to know everything about you! If you lied on your resume or education or work experience you’re screwed so do not lie! Was called and received an official final offer and accepted and now 2 more weeks until the start date, I am super excited and grateful for this opportunity!!

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had to bring a group of people together and how did you do it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

IT Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I applied online. About a week later, I got an email from a recruiter for a phone interview. Interview was to discuss my job history, and to tell me about the company benefits, salary requirements, job duties, etc. Interview went really well, and the recruiter seemed she was impressed with my qualifications, but I never heard back after she said she would forward her notes for my interview to the hiring manager.

Property Claims Adjuster III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Chesapeake, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied between January & February. I got a call to set up a phone interview in April. I did the phone interview the next week and a face to face interview the next day. The phone interview was very informative. They asked the usual questions and told me what the salary and hours would be. The face to face interview had about 4-5 situational questions as well as the usual interview questions. They also told me in depth what the job would be like and the specifics of what the hours would be for training and post training. By the end of the week I was told I was being offered a conditional offer of employment pending a background check. After the phone interview it was a very quick process.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time where you had to multitask?   3 Answers