USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2018

2.8

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Sent in resume, one interview on campus, heard back the same day. During the interview, they asked me a broad question like, "Why USAA?" Be prepared for this question and have a reason why you want the job, why you want to work at USAA, ect. Other questions were to test knowledge for the job.

Interview Questions

• What could be wrong with a model that has too many variables for the number of observations?   1 Answer

Policy Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2007.

Interview

The questions were action based.

Interview Questions

• can you give examples of when you have used honesty, integrity, loyalty, and service in the workplace; if your friends and coworkers were asked to describe you, what would be the most common words used; how do your lifelong goals fit into the workplace; how do you handle difficult workplace situations;   Answer Question
    • how do you handle upset customers;   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Policy Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was very regimented. It was a set of questions that asked about general insurance knowledge as well as questions about ethics, customer service and basic math skills.

Interview Questions

• If someone asked you a question you did not know the answer to how would you answer?   1 Answer

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Hired out of college. Was recruited through my university career center. A group of potential hires were taken to dinner with several managers and the AVP. Was brought in for a 2-on-1 interview. Hired within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for salary negotiation as the pay rate was set for this particular program.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Had a on campus interview and I was offered an interview at the main campus in San Antonio. They showed us around the extensive campus and we had an interview with two directors from various divisions of audit. They are a great company to work for and I intend to continue to apply in order to work there full-time in the future.

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Very conversational. The majority of the interview was a discussion about how the audit process at my organization compared to USAAs audit process. The questions asked were pretty straight forward. Overall, a very positive experience.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, after about a week I received a message to schedule the screening interview. Most questions were from resume. 2nd interview: Java questions and some questions, which I did not expect, were on ReactJS.

Interview Questions

• - Difference between StringBuilder and StringBuffer
      - Why String is immutable
      - What does finally do in try catch
      - What is final
      - Lifecycle of React
      - What is JSX and how it works   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process didnt take much time though. They gave the flight and accomodation for 1 night. The interview was more of behavioral and also very basic questions. I answered all the questions to my satisfaction and they asked for my start date when they called me over phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I received a HR phone interview 1 month after applying. Then, a second ( (technical) phone interview with one of the dev teams was conducted. The next day, a third (technical) phone interview with another of the dev teams was needed. Finally, I was invited for an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of 2 group exercises followed by another technical interview with one of the same dev groups I spoke to on the phone. For these first 4 interviews, email and phone contact with the HR recruiter was conducted in a timely manner. However, after waiting an entire month and checking my status online I tried to find out my status via email and phone. I was told that since my online status still showed myself as "interviewing", that I was definitely still being considered.
    After 2 weeks and multiple emails and phone calls did I finally get an answer. It turned out that I was turned down for the position.
    What makes this extremely unprofessional is that not only did it require me hounding the HR recruiter to get through their brush off, is that nobody could be bothered to pay me the courtesy of informing me of their decision or updating my status online. It is clear to me that they simply forgot about me because it was only *AFTER* hearing back from the HR recruiter did my status become updated online and their system sends out the automated rejection email. It is clear to me that it was not worth my time to be patient and trust them to update the website. For all I know, a decision could have been made a week after the interview and I would have not had any idea. Instead, I was played for a fool by granting them an entire month.
    This contrast of speedy and timely messages when I am a promising candidate followed by being ignored when I am no longer considered makes the true colors of this company very evident.

Interview Questions

• Given an app with the ability to gather data in multiple formats (text, photo, voice, video, etc.), how would you design this app ?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at USAA in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was short and painless. The follow-on hiring process took several weeks and was mostly without any communication from the prospective employer until the end when drug tests had to be taken.

Interview Questions

• The typical "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" BS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short and agreeable