USAA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,221 of over 1.2K interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (South Tampa, FL) in Apr 2017

Interview

Very simple. Typing test online then an interview with 2 managers. Very easy and comfortable setting. All done at a local office. I did have to wait a while as they were hiring over 30 positions for the role.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you a good employee?
    Answer Question
7 people found this interview helpful

USAA

Application

I interviewed at USAA

Interview

I had an in-person interview with 3 employees in the industry. Interview was conversational- questions were asked and after answers, the interviewers would talk about how what was said relates to the company. Typical behavioral questions. Also discussed my technical skills.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

USAA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at USAA

Interview

Call from recruiter then team interview. You could tell that the manager had already had a person picked out and that this was just a chance for the team to talk to other people. The questions did not align to the position. Overall was glad I did not accept. Most of the team was prior military with no business experience. Was asked several times if I had military experience as though my answer would change. USAA needs to understand that they exclude a large number of professionals with their MISSION culture. That is why they are writing large checks to regulators.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

USAA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA

Interview

USAA is resume hoarder. Posts jobs.... makes candidate apply online which takes effort and time for the candidate, and then cancels the position but continues to retain candidate data. This is absurd.

Interview Questions
  • There was no interview. On two separate occasions, got an email with message “ A requisition for which you have applied has been cancelled.”

USAA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA

Interview

I had three interviews over the phone, the first is more of a formality to go over some basic details in a little bit about the company. The second felt more like a screening, but I was asked a series of interview questions. Just like the first one it was pretty easy. The third interview was a bit harder and had me performing a roleplay with the interviewer. I received my offer within a week after this third interview. I cannot stress how important it is to probe as much as you can in that roleplay and ask questions. When you start getting the feedback make sure you listen and provide responses, they are not looking for perfection but they do want somebody that they can teach and so if you can take criticisms and feedback really well... you will do well in this interview

Interview Questions
  • They want you to know the company's mission statement
1 person found this interview helpful

USAA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at USAA

Interview

Standard to easy, spoke with lots of people. They changed some things between the interview and the offer, and I started asking questions. The HR rep then told me I was asking too many questions and that I didn't belong there, and was generally rude. I agreed, and rejected the offer.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL)

Interview

3 interviews . Be familiar with the STAR format and enthusiastic about the military. Research their core values and mission on their website because USAA is all about that! Recruiters are very nice and are your advocates

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX)

Interview

I was called for an interview by a recruiter, who arranged my interview in person. They wanted a ton of work samples and very specific experience. When I visited the campus (and it’s totally a campus, not an office) I felt overwhelmed.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation when someone in authority wanted one thing and you had to contradict them.

USAA

Application

I interviewed at USAA

Interview

After applying online about a week later received email to complete assessment after that a few days passed and got call to schedule first interview with recruiter they asked pretty basic questions and mostly informed about company then let me know I was going to be scheduled the interview with the hiring manager within a few days.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years? Why apply with USAA?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at USAA (Lubbock, TX) in May 2021

Interview

Veterans need not apply. I applied for this position and I was overqualified. I just graduated with my master's in data science and I had a ton of technical experience. The thing is, I didn't think I would even get an interview. I was previously denied without an interview, then I was offered an interview with less than a day to prepare. Everything that they do, I can do in spades, I just was focused more in R and analyzing rather than the ETL process. I have done the ETL process many times and made good marks while in school. I'm just going to say this, if there is a veteran who is qualified, that person should get the job. USAA how about actually serving the veterans by giving them a job when they are qualified. I visited one of their locations and they only had one veteran working in the IT department.

Interview Questions
  • What do you look at to stay updated with current trends in the industry? (Blogs, channels, etc.)
  • What are the three words used to change, insert, or delete information in SQL?
  • Tell me about a time you had to research something to make an important decision
  • Tell me about a time where you dealt with a struggle and had to push to finish
  • Explain how to get information from Excel over to the database
  • Describe a time where you had to make a choice and stick with it

USAA

Application

I interviewed at USAA

Interview

Long process, but well worth the wait. It gives you the time to review and process if USAA is the place for you. I’m glad it’s a difficult place to get in, because those who are chosen put their everything into USAA.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,221 Interviews