USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2018

2.8

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Sent in resume, one interview on campus, heard back the same day. During the interview, they asked me a broad question like, "Why USAA?" Be prepared for this question and have a reason why you want the job, why you want to work at USAA, ect. Other questions were to test knowledge for the job.

Interview Questions

• What could be wrong with a model that has too many variables for the number of observations?   1 Answer

Policy Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2007.

Interview

The questions were action based.

Interview Questions

• can you give examples of when you have used honesty, integrity, loyalty, and service in the workplace; if your friends and coworkers were asked to describe you, what would be the most common words used; how do your lifelong goals fit into the workplace; how do you handle difficult workplace situations;   Answer Question
    • how do you handle upset customers;   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Policy Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was very regimented. It was a set of questions that asked about general insurance knowledge as well as questions about ethics, customer service and basic math skills.

Interview Questions

• If someone asked you a question you did not know the answer to how would you answer?   1 Answer

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Hired out of college. Was recruited through my university career center. A group of potential hires were taken to dinner with several managers and the AVP. Was brought in for a 2-on-1 interview. Hired within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for salary negotiation as the pay rate was set for this particular program.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Had a on campus interview and I was offered an interview at the main campus in San Antonio. They showed us around the extensive campus and we had an interview with two directors from various divisions of audit. They are a great company to work for and I intend to continue to apply in order to work there full-time in the future.

Audit Intern Interview

Interview

Initial round followed by final round at corporate offices. All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were experienced a problem and then describe what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process didnt take much time though. They gave the flight and accomodation for 1 night. The interview was more of behavioral and also very basic questions. I answered all the questions to my satisfaction and they asked for my start date when they called me over phone interview.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at USAA in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was short and painless. The follow-on hiring process took several weeks and was mostly without any communication from the prospective employer until the end when drug tests had to be taken.

Interview Questions

• The typical "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" BS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short and agreeable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Plano, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me and scheduled a 30min technical interview with a developer and IT manager. Time between contact and resume submission was 2-3 weeks. Currently in a holding patterning.
    Company web site is good at showing where you are in the interview process.
    Seemed very professional but laid back when needed.

Interview Questions

• IT Manager asked:
      Background on myself and reason for new job.

Developer asked:
      -synchronized
      -serialVersionUID
      -EJB   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, after about a week I received a message to schedule the screening interview. Most questions were from resume. 2nd interview: Java questions and some questions, which I did not expect, were on ReactJS.

Interview Questions

• - Difference between StringBuilder and StringBuffer
      - Why String is immutable
      - What does finally do in try catch
      - What is final
      - Lifecycle of React
      - What is JSX and how it works   Answer Question