USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer - Platform API Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

First Round was a telephonic interview with HR. I am preparing for now for the next round which is self assessment. which covers three area for this particular position. Front-end, Full-stack & java.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how many years of experience you have with JavaScript, APIs[Rest & Soap], java etc.   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

After applying online through their job portal I was contacted almost half a month later to do a phone interview and received an email shortly after that I was selected to join the interview process on the usaa campus

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I got this interview invitation from a college career fair when I was Junior (2 years ago). I talked to the recruiter and applied online. They seem to like you will make a good impression if you're related to the military. They asked me several behavioral questions, and this one I didn't answer well.

Interview Questions

• Give me five words that you think it's important that work with the team and explain why.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

The entire hiring process seemed to be much more of a cultural fit than a technical fit. The first portion was an on-campus interview and the second portion was a 2-day tour/interview process. They were very nice and optimistic during this experience and then a week later I received a very impersonal, non-reply email that said I was not being considered anymore. Definitely left a bad mouth taste in my mouth towards this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an experience where you handled working with a coworker you did not like   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Multiple interviews, one day. Friendly and competent HR. Professional, open, honest, friendly interviews with various executives. Escorted to each interview. Nice Lunch provided on site. Good time management of all involved.

Interview Questions

• What is my leadership style? Communication style?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA in February 2018.

Interview

It was first round screen interview of USAA. I talked to one of the recruiter during my university career fair and we then schedule a interview. After that, I did some preparation about behavior questions and practice a few times.

Interview Questions

• Pick top three words for your employer? what do you expect them to be?
      Why this major? What do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Relatively quick and very passionate about the people they hire. They go over all of the benefits and work environment really quick so you need to stop them and ask questions because they won't go back to them unless you ask. 32 days paid time off that includes holidays and vacation time. Do plenty of research on the job and what it entails because they do ask basic question about what you know about claims, houses, automobiles, customer service, and the clients they serve.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in your past career that started out bad but ended up good?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

1) Contacted by a recruiter after online application and asked a few questions. Scheduled a in person interview for the following week.

2) Interviewed with two managers which lasted nearly an hour. Very basic interview questions many of which were scenario based. Also questions pertaining to professional background.

During this process make sure you do research on USAA and what they offer and why you feel you would be a good fit for their company. Mention their values and goals and how they align with yours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current career which you are excelling at?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an irate customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

New Members Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

After submitting your application, if you’re potential candidate they’ll email you to take an assessment. The assessment will last anywhere from 30 - 45 minutes. If passed, a recruiter will contact you to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview you will either be email that you were declined or called to move forward with the interview process. I myself did not get passed the phone interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

Initially, I applied online. About a week later, i was sent an online assessment. The assessment was easy per-say but there were way too many questions to possibly answer it in the time given. I thought I didn’t pass that phase. But then I received a phone call to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. Somehow the recruiter “lost” my phone number so my interview was rescheduled. After the phone interview, i was recommended for an in-person interview. I was told during the interview they were making a hiring decision that day and i would hear from my recruiter in 3-5 business days whether or not I would be continuing in the process. I waited. And waited. And waited. Day 7, i emailed my recruiter and asked. I was moved forward in the process and was given a contingent offer based off a background check, education and employment verification, credit check, and a drug test. I am now waiting on the results of those but will accept the final offer. Overall, the experience was extremely long - I applied online 2.5 months ago. I feel that my recruiter is stretched too thin which is causing delays in the hiring process as well.