USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

The interview process involved typical behavioral questions. However the recruiter who interviewed me was not very responsive or reflective to my answers. Her focus seemed to be only on sales experience and was dismissive to any other responses that did not relate to sales.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to sell something to a dismissive customer.   Answer Question

Interview

Met with management in tampa was very laid-back and comfortable went through the interview process asking questions in regards to the star method and past experiences... I was offered the position the same day and accepted

Adjuster -Phoenix Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Initial phone interview went overall really well. Though felt it was odd to be asked "what do you know about USAA". My answer was corrected with the variety of "banking and financial services" they offer. I marked it up to not verbalizing knowledge of USAA. In my fortune she saw past that and I was offered an in person interview. She sent an email that evening which had a video and documents mostly information benefits..its a great idea to memorize video 4 the interview.

The in person interview was set only two business days later. Honestly..there was too much of a rush to study and memorize interview points especially if you work fulltime and have family.
    (keep in mind they want you to know and understand how raises are and EVERYTHING on the video they send you about the comlany* so it seems) I happen to watch it all the way through before the HR assistant emailed .

In the in person interview I was ask "What do you remember about the video" well..it was over a week prior, again a loaded question.

Anyway at the interview.. the HR manager was very stale in personality..not exactly a good feel with USAA.

Upon arrival the HR lobby /interview rooms were not very well air conditioned. Make sure you wear "breathable" professional attire. (HR will remind you to wear prof. Attire in a reminder email).
    Bad:
     interview started 30 minutes late even though they ask you there 20 min early. The room had two men, a note taker and the HR manager of which both were very unfriendly! The attitude was more hype about how great Usaa is and a series of questions. My answers made no difference on hiring. It was obvious the hr manager was very condescending. I wanted to walk out immediately. It felt very gender bias..again the hr manager tone was condescending.
    I have applied at three other competitors since USAA. I was extremely excited for the interview but now I can not look at USAA in the same light. This interview DID NOT make the company look attractive.

Interview Questions

• what do you remember about the video?
      What excites you about working in a call center???   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, after about a week I received a message to schedule the screening interview. Most questions were from resume. 2nd interview: Java questions and some questions, which I did not expect, were on ReactJS.

Interview Questions

• - Difference between StringBuilder and StringBuffer
      - Why String is immutable
      - What does finally do in try catch
      - What is final
      - Lifecycle of React
      - What is JSX and how it works   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

online application, online assessment, phone interview, in person background and drug screening the process was easy but for the interview it definitely helps researching the company she asked me why usaa and what do i know about USAA when you answer tie everything back into the customer and how you like the fact that their mission is all about helping military families get into the best financial situation possible. Most of all study the star method

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • list 3 personality traits?   Answer Question
    • name a time you found a problem with the company and how did you address it?   Answer Question
    • name a time you had to over come dismissal? How did you overcome it and get the sale?   Answer Question
    • what is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Never even got one. I really want to work for this company, while I am on a relocation for my spouse, who is beginning with them as a Manager. I had an official referral from another contact and Manager in the company, another referral from a Director and informed them my spouse was about to start with them as a Manager...Yet, I was ruled out from a position I applied to, because of the results of a computerized assessment test. Granted, my experience level and qualifications likely made me overqualified for the position, but I was not even contacted, in person, to discuss this position or any other possibilities. Upon contacting a person in recruiting about feedback, I was only told I could not be given any information about the results of the assessment, and that I could not try to apply again for 6 months! I have been a top performer in my claims adjuster role, for years, yet I am ruled out by a computer assessment test, after having been referred by management level personnel??

Auto Claims Adjuster II - Third Party Liability BI/PD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plum, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at USAA (Plum, PA).

Interview

I had to interview within 3 days of finding out about the job. With such little time to prepare, I crammed 16 hr a day in preparation. So rushed and so disappointing

Interview Questions

• How do you handle giving news that you know is going to upset someone?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

There was a phone interview. Then there was another phone interview that was more technical. Finally, I was invited for a face to face interview.

I doubt I will get a job offer from them because it's been over two weeks since the on-site interview, but I remember them saying that they will not provide relocation reimbursement if I did. So I thought it was stingy of them not to pay for all of my travel expenses. I ended up staying in another hotel because my flight from San Antonio to home was diverted and cancelled. They decided to pay for everything except that hotel. On the other hand, it was a good experience for me because it was my first time in an interview at a different state.

Interview Questions

• How much do you think we should pay you?   Answer Question
    • Have you been applying to other jobs?   Answer Question
    • What is a linked list and when is it better to use a linked list than an array?   Answer Question
    • What is a final method?   Answer Question
    • Explain the meaning of each word in public static void main(String args[]).   Answer Question
    • How would you implement a program that keeps information about an animal's type, their owner, and what makes them unique and similar to other types of animals? (The animals they mentioned included cats and birds.)   Answer Question

Auto Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, lasted approximately 1 hour. Interview asked questions about customer service and previous job experience. Got a well overview of the job. After the interview was over I was offered an interview with the hiring manager. Interview with the hiring manager was a face to face interview with a gentleman on conference call. Interview went well and received a phone call a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Insurance Customer Service/Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

First I submitted an application then was asked to take an assessment. The assessment isn't difficult. A few days later I received a phone interview. The phone Interview was a few basic star questions. After the phone interview I was offered a face to face manager interview. The face to face interview was with two managers. One asked questions and one typed. It was a very comfortable interview. A little over a week later I was called with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you spoke with a customer that lost trust in your company and what did you do to regain their trust.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you identified a problem and what did you do to solve the problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to convince a customer to buy something they didn't know they needed.   Answer Question