KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Uline Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,264 of over 1.3K interviews

Recruiter4%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Uline

Application

I interviewed at Uline

Interview

the same interview process, same basic questions. they dont look at your resume prior to interview. many of the questions asked are in your resume and they are not personable at all

Interview Questions
  • why are you interested in working for us? asked about dress code woman have to wear skirts or dresses...
    Answer Question

Uline

Application

I interviewed at Uline

Interview

Series of tests: how fast you can find pairs and patterns, how fast you can accurately pair serial numbers. Interview with manager and HR rep. Series of questions regarding your interests, hobbies, reasons to work there, career, and experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Uline

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline

Interview

Spoke with the customer service manager for about 20 minutes. He asked about my past employment. My interview was very simple. I was denied numerous times and then I went to a job fair and was hired.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Uline? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Uline

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline

Interview

The recruiter reached out by email and make an interview very soon. ask about the graduation time and salary expectation. very nice conversation. It's like people need to dress up in workdays.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Uline

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline

Interview

Lengthy, total of 4 interviews. On the last one they made me shadow another employee which was pretty neat. Overall it was not difficult but it was tiresome as no one has time to interview 4 different times in the middle of the day.

Interview Questions
  • Fairly basic interview questions. They did an interview and a number test. Another interview and a typing test etc.
2 people found this interview helpful

Uline

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline in Sep 2022

Interview

What a waste of my time...I mean seriously! My application was accepted by them, so I received a long "to-do" list in a HR email of the application process. I completed four assessments by email...only one of which actually pertained to this position. I got called in for an in-person interview (I should have looked at the reviews for the Pleasant Prairie HQ location prior because that really tells you all you need to know about the company...) I went in for my interview and completed two assessments. It was patterns/numbers based...what is the actual purpose? I understand if you applied for a position that might be dealing with numbers or you have to work really quickly through your work...but their way of measuring IQ is REALLY absurd...more like a waste of time! If you look up this role that I applied for it has nothing to do with calculating numbers quickly. Anyways! As soon as I completed the two assessments, the interviewer then brings me into a room to be interviewed. What a strange interview and let me tell you why...he doesn't ask me questions (two if that) all he talked about was how superior Uline was to other companies...COMPLETELY belittled my skills and ability to do this position. He did mention one thing...that told me exactly what I needed to know about this company/why I don't want to work for them is..."we get 20,000 applications a week, it's really hard to get a job at Uline". Who even says that during an interview?! When he was describing the job position he had no clue what the job even was...it had four bullet points (super vague) and he mentioned that it was too! From reviewing multiple reviews on Glassdoor, I have come to the conclusion that Uline used me as a sample to train HR for interviews. Let's also talk about Uline's culture. Uline is a privately held company owned by the Uhlein family. The family is very conservative in their views, which is up to interpretation. However, they are very controlling on the "image" of Uline. Uline reminds me of the show Severance where everyone wears the same work attire, there is NO individuality, and there are ridiculous rules! For example, the interviewer told me that every room needs to adhere to Liz's specifications...such as you are not allowed to decorate your work space and each room is very calculatedly presented. The rooms need to align to Liz's standards...all the way down to the minuscule detail (the light switch fixture screws all need to face north. The company doesn't show diversity at all. Uline is also not an innovative company. The interviewer mentioned that if you consider yourself creative, innovative, or a unique individual...Uline is just not for you. They are behind the curve on technology and they seem to not embrace change in their work processes. For example, many of their jobs can be hybrid but they require all workers to come into the office. Uline is a top-down management structure where all decisions must go through Liz in order for her to determine if it is a viable business venture. This is an issue because Uline monitors all of your activity and they do not TRUST the people they hire to do the job. Uline seems to have a high turn over rate, I mean just look at all the positions they are hiring now...

Interview Questions
  • What do you look for in a company?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in Sep 2022

Interview

I applied online (which included taking assessments that had nothing to do with HR) and was contacted by an HR Coordinator to set up a time for a phone interview with a Recruiter. The phone interview was scheduled for 3:00 pm CST. At 3:15 pm CST when I hadn't received a call, I sent an email to the HR Coordinator letting them know I hadn't received a call from the Recruiter yet and that I would be more than happy to reschedule. After sending the email, I immediately received a call from the recruiter, to which I declined because over half of the time slot was gone due to their tardiness. They left me a voicemail and then immediately called me again. I also declined that call as there was no point in speaking anymore that day since I was busy for the remainder of the day. I received an email back from the HR Coordinator during all of this stating that they were sorry that I hadn't received a call but the recruiter called me "shortly" after 3:00 pm CST. I guess we have different definitions of the word 'shortly'. We rescheduled the interview for 10:00 am CST a few days later. I got a call and voicemail from the recruiter on the rescheduled date at 9:05 am CST saying they hoped this time still worked for me. I thought at this point they do not care about my time so I called the recruiter back and left them a voicemail letting them know our rescheduled time was at 10:00 am CST but I was free now if they wanted to do this interview. During the interview, the recruiter brought up the dress code (that I had read about in other reviews here on Glassdoor). I asked that they go further into detail on what the dress code was for both men and women. Men are required to wear a collared shirt with a tie M-Th and don't need to wear a tie on F but still a collared shirt. Women have to wear pantyhose (and the recruiter made it seem like women were not allowed to wear pants..). The recruiter also told me that the majority of the employees at Uline are male. I was immediately no longer interested in the company and I was ecstatic to get a generic email from them after the interview that they would not be moving forward. I would never in my life recommend this misogynistic company to anyone, I don't care how much they are paying or how big their bonuses are!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Uline (Allentown, PA) in Sep 2022

Interview

Started with a Wonderlic test, then was put into an interview room and waited for about ten minutes until my interviewer came in. Interview was slightly unorganized, and not very informative.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Ontario, CA) in Sep 2022

Interview

The interview was a bit hard, the over the phone was hard to listen to since the phone kept going in and out. The assessment test were really nerve reckoning since i didn't notice the time and then I got nervous when I saw it . The in person one is hard as well

Interview Questions
  • Why ULINE? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Beloit, WI) in Sep 2022

Interview

First interview consisted of 6 assessments. Four were before the in person interview and two during the in person interview. I will find out next week if I move on to the next step.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,264 Interviews

Uline Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Uline as 32.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.79 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Representative and Warehouse Management Trainee rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Warehouse Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Uline takes an average of 17 days when considering 1,268 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Warehouse Management Trainee had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Sales Representative roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 15 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Uline according to 1,268 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 20.18%