Uline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Kenosha, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Thorough but understandable. Uline hires the best talent and people who want to win. They are looking for people who will make a contribution and help achieve the company's goals. People who are bright, hard-working and eager to build their career will do just fine at Uline. Don't be intimidated by the screening process. Prove that you have what it takes and you won't be sorry.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years? Strengths? Weaknesses?   4 Answers

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Uline (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

Uline has "open interviews" where you come with your application and resume and receive a 10 minute conversation with someone. The situation is awkward at best, especially if you are over 35. There appears to be a certain phrase or set of words they are looking for you to recite, especially if you do not have exact product experience. This is the experience even if you are applying to an actual opening.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions asked was " Do you think you would be able to handle selling actual products instead of abstract products?   2 Answers

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Cranberry, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, after initial phone interview you had to complete 4 online assessments. Second interview included 2 more assessments, number recognition and patterns. A video conference interview followed that and then a phone interview. Next step was to be a ride along followed by a 4 weeks of training away from home.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uline in March 2015.

Interview

I had sent my resume in and got a call back. They set up a phone interview and sent me four tests which include a writing sample, a couple personality tests, and sales related scenario questions. Not that difficult just time consuming. The phone interview went well and then two days later received a rejection email. So much for my ten year stint with my previous company.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

First you have to go online and spend about 30-45 minutes on filling out more paperwork and character assessments. You get to the interview and spend another 15-30 minutes on testing. The woman who interviewed me was not friendly. She was very condescending and judgmental. I was extremely uncomfortable. She did not even try to make me feel comfortable or welcome.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

I only met with an HR person who could not answer any of my questions which were very specific to the job i was interviewing for. Prior to the interview they had me complete four on-line assessments dealing with writing and personality tests. When I arrived for the interview I had to do a number identifying timed test which was ridiculous considering the job I was applying for. I know I was very qualified for this job and wonder what their reason was to not have me actually interview with someone who works in the specific department I was applying for. It seemed to me that the HR person was not qualified to make an assessment of my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Knowing what you know now what would you change in your career path?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

First 3 tests on line, then phone interview. In person interview starts with 2 more tests then finally talk to HR person. Very hard to take HR seriously when she says business professional attire at all times when she was wearing leggings and baggy shirt.

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Received call from recruiter. Did a phone interview. Went for in person interview following week. I was told I'd be called to come back to meet with department manager. I would call and email the recruiter, but he only responded occasionally. He'd tell me it was still up in the air, and I would still be brought in for an additional interview. He promised me that he would get back to me. This went on for over a month and a half! I gave up and sokn after, I was hired somewhere else! I heard from others that they do this to a lot of people. I had high hopes and was very disappointed.

Associate Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uline.

Interview

First contacted to complete several exams online. The exams did not seem very relevant to the position because they had quite a few questions about sales. The phone interview with a recruiter was straight-forward and he said that he would pass my information along. Three weeks later after the initial phone interview they had not gotten back to me so I emailed them. The next week they responded saying the hiring managers were reviewing it.

After yet another week they said they were moving on with other candidates.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uline (Gurnee, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

4 Briggs-type tests emailed to be completed before interview. At the interview, yet another number-matching test given. The 1st interview was by a semi-technical intermediary to the IT manager. Wasn't called back for a 2nd technical interview with an actual manager. Overall ... way too much prep requested and no attention to actual Java skills other than some superficial experience questions. I spent a lot of time and probably did well on all the prep tests but it obviously didn't matter. Also, the job was posted for a couple weeks and listed for a couple nearby cities. But there was only one Java job available. The job was part of a 14 person intranet team. Not associated to the .Net team who do the company e-commerce website. Also, I was told at the interview that the job was moving soon to another city 15 miles farther than my drive. Disappointing waste of time.