Uline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Kenosha, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Thorough but understandable. Uline hires the best talent and people who want to win. They are looking for people who will make a contribution and help achieve the company's goals. People who are bright, hard-working and eager to build their career will do just fine at Uline. Don't be intimidated by the screening process. Prove that you have what it takes and you won't be sorry.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years? Strengths? Weaknesses?   3 Answers

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline.

Interview

I had 3 interviews and did 9 assessments total. After the interview, the interviewer informed me that the position is still posted as they are continuing to review resumes and interview candidates. The assessments were over the top. They need to look at their inefficient recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest accomplishment in your work history?   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uline (Ontario, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview - we discussed the position and what it entailed. We went further into the responsibilities and assignments. There were very little responsibilities that would utilize my experience, training and management expertise.

Interview Questions

• Concerning the job responsibilities   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uline in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. I was in a group of 5 people, and there were two tests administered. The first one was a number pattern test. You’ll know it when you see it. Easy stuff. The second test was to sss how well you are at differentiating numbers and seeing if they matched each other. Also easy. Afterwards we were all interviewed one at a time. Me and another guy were asked to stay after the interview to speak with another manager. The other 3 people left. I was then asked different questions by a different person. I was then told that a decision would be made by the end of the day. So I can’t determine whether I have the job or not yet.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

30 min Phone Call, The person who interviewed seemed like he could care less. Was very rushed not really listening to what I had to say. Overall I thought they would have put more effort into it.

Warehouse Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braselton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Braselton, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied to Uline and after a day I received a phone call to set up a phone interview (just like everybody does). After I received that call I came on here to see what people said about their interview process and read so many reviews of how much of a scam it was. However, I decided to go through with it just to see. I had two phone interviews one was with an HR manager and then the other one was with two managers at the warehouse. Before the first phone interview, I had to take 4 tests which weren't that difficult but lengthy. Both interviews were very short and easy, but the people were very nice. After those two interviews, I was asked to drive to Georiga for a one on one interview. It was a 5 1/2 hour drive from North Carolina which is where I live. I arrived at the warehouse and had to take two tests like everybody else has talked about on here. After that, I met with the warehouse manager of that warehouse. He was very friendly and asked me the same exact questions that I was asked on my two phone interviews. He then proceeded to take me around the warehouse and showed me around and told me what I would be doing. The interview only took 45 minutes and after we were done he told me I would hear back in a week or so. I was already annoyed at the fact I drove 5 1/2 hours for a 45-minute interview and had to pay for all my expenses. 12 days after the interview I received a call from a person in HR telling me that the warehouse manager trainee position was filled up but they wanted to offer me a general warehouse position that paid $20 an hour. I obviously declined it because that was not the position I applied for and not even close to the money I was expecting. Other people aren't lying on here when they said ULINE just post jobs on their website but have no openings for that job. I have no clue why they do this because it makes no sense, but obviously, they continue to do so. This place is an absolute scam and they waste your time by doing all these pointless interviews. DO NOT apply to this company because you will just waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Newport Beach, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Took 4 tests and then spoke to HR; it is an old-school process and the positive part is that the company employs less than qualified people so they can have jobs. If this sounds negative it is because I am used to getting recruited without going through layers of interviews. I am top 2% in my field and probably this would not have been a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very tedious to answer as the HR person did not even had my full resume and was going by some snippet provided to them by their assistant. Did not have a clear understanding of my skill set and was asking meaningless questions about where I see myself in 5 years, what would my previous managers say about me, etc. The HR person was not qualified to understand how I’d fit into this role. The process is very long from what I understand and not very creative or progressive.   2 Answers

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in March 2018.

Interview

Pretty easy interviews. The first interview was about 15 minutes over the phone. Basic interview questions about your resume and skill set. About a week and a half later, I was invited for an interview with 4 individuals. Had 4 separate interviews. Didn't feel like an interview though, more like a conversation about the job and my qualifications. Took about 3 hours. Additionally, I had to take several tests, personality tests, microsoft suite test, and counting tests. The only test I found to be difficult was the Microsoft Access test.

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in March 2018.

Interview

I talked with some HR rep on the phone who grunted out a word or two every once in a while if I was lucky. Somehow, I made it on to the next stage of the interview process. In the second step I met at their office with a sales lead, who was quite friendly and great to talk to.

I thought it was weird they ask about misdemeanor charges in their hiring paper work.

Overall, I didn’t like the process and this isn’t just sour grapes either. I’ve interviewed multiple places and not received offers but the process was great. At ULINE you just got the feeling that there was something off about the entire company or that their culture just isn’t quite right.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to sales?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline (Ontario, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, HR Called next day to schedule in person interview but wanted a 4 part assessment done online before. Assessment included short writing skills summary and personality test. You are asked to fill out a paper application and bring your resume on the day of your interview and do an assessment test like matching numbers 3344-3344 or is 5434 the same as 5343 and sequence 1,3,5...... After that it was an in person interview. Don't waste your time with this company, they are very picky with their managers and have a cult like atmosphere. The personality test is what really matters and they want you to match their scientology like culture

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Ontario, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

They are fairly obsessed with assessments, some of which are psychological and others are for basic skills. There were 8-10 of them. They seem to take a blanket approach, giving to Basic skills assessments even to management candidates. Hard to see how they relate to the job competencies. They were very concerned with how someone will fit into their strict culture, more so than qualifications. Two of the people I interviewed with almost apologized for the rule that you can only have 3 or 4 personal things in your office, attributing it their CEO. They also justified their micro-management style by explaining that it is really intended to help the worker. One of the interviewers said that the CEO is in her seventies, implying that things may change after she steps aside. They would be better off touting the high points of their culture as opposed to implicitly criticizing it.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience developing leaders   1 Answer