Uline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Kenosha, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Thorough but understandable. Uline hires the best talent and people who want to win. They are looking for people who will make a contribution and help achieve the company's goals. People who are bright, hard-working and eager to build their career will do just fine at Uline. Don't be intimidated by the screening process. Prove that you have what it takes and you won't be sorry.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years? Strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI).

Interview

Lengthy with lots of tests, but definitely worth it. You have to go through quite a few hoops, but they are very accommodating. They are also very resourceful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline.

Interview

Various timed tests, numbers, typing, spelling, translating test. Interviews with HR, and department managers.
    Shadow another employee to see the job responsabilities.
    Waiting a couple days to receive a call to send more documents to run a background check.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What would your previous managers say about you?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Smooth negotiation process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline.

Interview

The interview is cold, impersonal, dispassionate. The impression I got is that this is not a company that wants to get to know potential employees. I previously accepted a position in my field of work and while I was waiting for the background check, I got a call to interview at Uline- I saw the "up to $25 an hour" ad and since its closer, I thought it couldn't hurt to check it out. I made it with time to spare. All applicants were herded into a room with about eighty people. Some in denim, others in suits. A lady handed out two tests- a number recognition test (which numbers are the same 01251 01255, 55789 55789, 276001 276002) and a number pattern test (1, 3, 5, 7, __) So, if you're interesting in working here practice number recognition and patterns and be very fast. The hostess stated the answers would be graded for speed and accuracy. She also stated that people were interviewing for various positions. Shortly, a pack of supervisors, managers, department managers- descended on the piles of applications in a separate room. They met with each applicant, one by one 80 or so people. This left many applicants waiting and waiting for an extremely long period of time (waiting at the DMV). It was at that point I noticed some people had interviewed already and were waiting to be called up again- almost as if they were weeding out people and keeping about five or so for second interviews. After waiting for a much longer, I started to gather my items to leave. but my name was finally called before I could. A lady called my name and met with me for about five minutes- she discussed certain things such as the shift hours, the days, the pay, what are my expectations for the company and about a time I delivered someone good news. I asked a question and that was it. They did not try to get to know me, as other employers do with the who are you, why do you want to work here, what do you have that other applicants don't, what makes YOU stand out questions. None of that. It was rather a humiliating experience. The hostess did explain that they receive up to 1000 applications a week. I was able to find out from the interviewer that they have these mass interviews very often- every Friday, some Saturdays for warehouse due to high turnover. And that was it. This is not a company I would be interested in any further in the future. Interviewing is never fun, but this was certainly unique in that I have never felt treated like just another number like I was at Uline. It was almost as if I was taking their time, and they have so many applicants that they need to get it over with. I have taken aptitude tests before- however, many of the companies I have dealt with have online assessments available before they schedule you for an interview. It is time efficient as they know who to invite for interviews and who they should not. But, if this system of mass interview works for them- I truly do wish them the best in their endeavors. To those who apply- good luck. Practice the pattern and accuracy tests.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations? (interviewer did not elaborate- but she meant what did I expect from the company)   Answer Question

FIN Ops Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process here is a joke. First they email you tests to see how you fit. There's a personality test, a written test, and two other scenario tests which are a total waste of time.

When you arrive to this beautiful facility they get you immediately into a room for more testing. A timed 4 minute test to see if you can spot check two similar numbers, there are 100 problems. After that test, there is another test where you have to identify number patterns, another 4 minutes.

If you are a monkey and looking for doing brain dead work for the rest of your life, then this is the company for you. If you are educated and looking for taking on challenging work, STAY AWAY. Whether you move past the first round of interviews is based entirely on these exams and not the actual interview. You could have invented the wheel at your previous job and they'd be like, your number matching skills aren't 100%. This place is cult-like.

Warehouse Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline (Ontario, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied and was called about an interview the very next day. There are four assessment tests prior to the interview and two more right before your interview. The interview went great but still didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What qualities does an ideal manager have? What would your current boss say about you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Uline (Buford, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

As others say, heard you in like cattle with 50+ people for a "job fair". Take 2 ridiculous 4 minute speed tests that idk how could really show the company who's fit for the job. Then sit awkwardly in a waiting room with everyone to be called for the "interview".

The interview was a joke just confirming what was already written in application given from someone who appeared to have no authority whatsoever in the hiring process. I guess everything was just based on the 2 stupid tests that I only finished half of because I wanted to make sure they were all correct...sure enough 6 days later the e-mail of blah blah blah pursuing other candidates.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uline (Coppell, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Very short. Two paper tests on number sequence . The interviewer was nervous some what shy. There was 10 to 11 people interviewing for the same job. Wasn't the best experience. There was 5 people interviewing the set of people that day. Everybody was very nice but the company itself just seemed very cold and strict. I didn't feel like they were interested and already knew what they were looking for. The place was super keep and they stated that a tie was required. If you are going to interview I strongly suggest you were a suit and tie.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Kenosha, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

There were some preliminary tests in which one had to do, mostly number based, and then the interview itself, which was standard as far as interviews go. Good company to work for if you get the chance.

Warehouse Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uline (Coppell, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Average took two math reasoning skill test and had a 15 minute 5 question interview session. Lady was real nice stated they would be in contact. Stated they would give my information to the night receiving manager for review. Received a email that following Saturday stating that I had not been selected for the position and that my application would be on file for a year.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline.

Interview

The lady was nice and she asked behavioral questions. There were four steps that needed to be completed before the phone call. They made me do a couple of quizzes, questionnaires, and an essay revision. They were looking for a sales major.