United Airlines Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,323 of over 3,323.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting3%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

For me, it started as a Group, 1to1, 2to1 and if they like you I guess they let you know to stay for the fingerprints. I was not selected. So, I don’t know further details.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult task and how you solved
    1 Answer

United Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

The interview process took about 2 months, after the first interview it was about a 3-4 week wait for a second interview with your typical behavioral questions and why you want to work for the airline. From there it was about a 2 week period until hearing back.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for United? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

What people are saying about United Airlines

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

United Airlines

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

Attended the hiring fair. Apply through the company site (many showed up who had just selected time slots on indeed and didn’t have an application in) and make sure quizzes are complete. Offered a job on the spot!

Interview Questions
  • Share a time when… dealing with difficult coworker, time you felt your safety was at risk, a question about being in a different culture/any barriers you overcame, etc - Probably about 6 questions as well as why should United hire you

United Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

First interview was a screener with a recruiter who admitted he didn’t know much about what kind of background was needed for this position. Round table zoom interview with the team was next. About an hour.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

Good process. First asked questions based on resume. Then behavioural questions. After that few puzzles were asked and they were constantly asking about my thought process regarding the question. At last, a case study was asked

Interview Questions
  • I met my friend day before yesterday and he was 25, this year he will turn 27. Which date did I meet him?
1 person found this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines in May 2022

Interview

The Interview process was smooth and the interviewers were really friendly and accommodating. They were having technical difficulties so the presentation started a bit late, but otherwise it was a great presentation and the person doing the presentation really seem to enjoy their job.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you helped someone who needed help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in May 2022

Interview

Applied online in January, scheduled for in-person interview in May. The online application included a personality questionnaire. It was straight forward and not especially complicated. So far, the process appears to be well organized, most likely because they process a high number of applicants.

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

2 Rounds one with general staff 1 with direct supervisor. Mostly behavioral with some questions about the position. Took 3 months to hear back after application, but only 1 week after final interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX)

Interview

The interview took less than the 4 hours they said it would take. It was very impersonal and sterile. They also made us make goodie bags for sick children on behalf of United signing our own names. I felt this was really inappropriate and unethical, given we are not employees. It feels like a punch to the stomach for extra insult, since I didn’t get the job. They’re great on paper, but in person, I felt like a number. I was very disappointed.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at United Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in Oct 2021

Interview

I applied online and had an employee referral in mid-August. I was emailed 2 weeks ago and asked to schedule my video interview, and I just had it this morning! This was not a recording your answers type of interview, like I've seen others mention on here. I was interviewed by a real person who actually works for the company. I was told that I should receive an email within 5 to 7 business days (or maybe longer) with their decision. Make sure you have questions in mind to ask your interviewer! It makes things a lot more relaxed if you're not the only one answering questions on the fly lol. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time someone you didn't know asked you to help them. Tell me about a time a customer was upset and blamed you for something that wasn't your fault. Tell me about a time you worked with a team you did not know. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a rude customer, who you later had to help. Is there anything you would have done differently?
65 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,323 Interviews

United Airlines Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at United Airlines as 76.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.88 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Bilingual Flight Attendant and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Flight Attendant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at United Airlines takes an average of 25 days when considering 4,789 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Flight Attendant had the quickest hiring process (on average 21 days), whereas Intern roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 42 days).

Common stages of the interview process at United Airlines according to 4,789 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 20.99%