United Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview. Phone interview was about half an hour, conversational but structured with behavioral interview questions. In-person interview in Chicago was with two separate sales managers - both very nice guys! Similarly conversational but with behavioral structure.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral: tell me about a time....   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines (Newark, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Recalled and hired because I was in 'Lay Off' status with union, applied for and accepted supervisor position thru internal avenues in company.

Interview Questions

• All questions asked are designed with the TEAMWORK theory in mind and how you communicate your plan, your needs and your expectations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

questions to describe a scenario and experiences that apply towards the new position , 3-4 person panel asking questions. 20% get job from interview, 80% get it with political influence and experience and education mean nothing towards the job. People with no experience and no education can get the job while a highly qualified person will not get it

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a unproductive emplyee   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very laid back 3 person interview,asked various questions not everyone has to be focused on aircraft Mainteance. Was asked several questions Dom the STAR model that United uses. Vey friendly and was never felt unsure of my answers.

Interview Questions

Interview

First off I will say this was a very lengthy process but for good reason. United Airlines is a massive corporation and recently merged with Continental Airlines to make this company even larger. So results will take time as I will depict throughout this post.

First I applied for the position in late November 2016. I am currently getting out of the military and wanted to find a great company to work for. It wasn't until late December 2016 before I got a call asking me to come in for a face to face interview. I was flown to the airport I applied for, given a hotel room for the night because the flights didn't allow me to come out there and get back in the same day.

Once I accepted the interview, they will send you everything you need on how the process works, who to meet with, etc. I flew out in early January for the interview itself. I got to the hub and went to my room for the night. The next I arrived at the Operations building about an hour early just in case sometime unforeseen came up. I signed in at the security desk and waited for my interviewer. He came down, greeted me, and we talked briefly about how the process would work. He then showed me around the facility as we worked towards the room where the interview was conducted. It was a panel style interview with multiple people sitting in on it, but it wasn't a pressure situation. They were all very professional, personable and made the expectations extremely clear on the position, the interview process and how they follow up.

The interview is self was very well structured. They are not there to trick you into an answer, make you second guess, etc. They discussed my resume and then began asking questions. They want to know how you conduct yourself not only in the interview but in previous positions held. Working for a man airliner is a major responsibility and they need to make sure that each person understands the gravity of the position they are applying for. The interview lasted about 45-60 mins. Once completed, they thanked me for coming in and I did the same for the opportunity. I was walked out the building and told that recruiting will contact you regarding the position.

Fast forward another 5 almost 6 weeks before recruiting called me. In the mean time I waited about 3 weeks and called them to see if a decision had been made. Each week I called to check in, express my interest and just see if anything had changed. Finally the call came from recruiting with an offer and I accepted it. They will call you either way to let you know on their decision. This company isn't one to let people stress endlessly without a decision to either hire or not.

This is the last bit of advice I want to share with those who were just like myself. I researched as much as I could, stressed to new levels I didn't know where achievable, etc. This is a large company and it does take time for them to conduct the entire process. They do not withhold info to torture anyone. This process is to ensure they give each qualified person the opportunity to compete for the position they applied for and select the best qualified candidate. Good luck to all!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a disgruntled employee and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. They offered a very competitive salary and benefits package.

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First, you take the written test of 50 question and must pass with 70 or higher to advance to the next step. Then you do the practical exam which includes safety wiring, measuring, torquing and riveting sheet metal and must pass as well. If you pass the practical section, you get an one on one interview in which they ask you scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Everyone makes mistakes, recall a time when this happened to you and how did you correct it.   1 Answer

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Why do you want to work here as a professional aircraft maintenance technician I am here ready to park and perform my duties what could you do to help this company

Interview Questions

• What can we do to help this company with all of the skills that I have listed in my resume   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It's a three step process. First you take a written 60 questions test. Which covers everything you learned through A&P school. You can only miss twelve or so. Can't remember. If you pass the written, you go ahead and take a practical. The practical covers torquing bolts, safetying hardware, installing rivets and measuring some stuff. If you're successful, you finally get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a major decision on your own without notifying your supervisor. What did you do, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Salary is below par with the competition.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. Took about 1 month. Had to do written test before practical/interview. After passing written test, the process was fast. They scheduled practical and interview very quickly.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was very smooth and friendly vibe. It will be one person asking you normal interview questions. It lasted about two hours but it could've gone faster. It took a little while to get a response. Unfortunately I was not selected.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Very direct and to-the-point. In the first interview, all questions are industry-based and focused on the position; there were no behavioral questions. If you get past the first interview, candidates are flown to Chicago for a quantitative test and additional interviews.