United States Steel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at United States Steel

2.7

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Steel (New York, NY).

Interview

Prelim questions about veteran status and willing to take hair drug test, summarize my current position roles. It was quick and straight to the point. Interviewed with a recruiter

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to follow the safety rules at the plant   2 Answers

Steel Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ecorse, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel (Ecorse, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

Submitted a Resume', was called for testing, general math, English, mechanical eptitude, and space relation. Upon passing the testing you are called for interveiws. If you pass that, then you are submitted to a physical, that includes drug testing both hair and urine sample.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Steel in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face interview. Phone interview, followed by face to face interview. Phone interview, followed by face to face interview. Phone interview, followed by face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Process took about 4 weeks. I had an phone interview and then followed up with several in person interview with several groups. Several other candidates were there and each were taken into room at different time to be interviewed by two individuals.

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United States Steel (Gary, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Three are usually several other interviewee at the same time. First interview is conducted on campus and lasts about 20 minutes. Questions are very easy and not technical. Within a week i received a call for on site interview. There were three interviews with employs and two HR interviews. All interview were really easy. Not a single technical questions. They are mostly want to confirm that you are alive and can speak.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United States Steel.

Interview

no questions about strengths or weaknesses. Just why did I come to my university, what do I see myself doing in the future, and why do I want to work in US Steel.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel.

Interview

Applied both through their corporate site and through my university's site. Visited them at a career fair. Later on had an on campus interview followed by 2, 45-minute interviews at their corporate site in Pittsburgh

Interview Questions

• Why U.S. Steel? What do you know about the steel industry? Name a time when you....   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

1st Interview - Phone or in person (Two Managers)
    I chose in person, lasted under an hour.
    2nd Interview - Phone (Supervisor)
    This one lasted around 50 minutes.
    Both interviews didn't seem long. Friendly folks. Felt comfortable talking in both interviews.

From Recruiting Department, Security who works at front desk, to the Managers and Supervisors. Phenomenal people. I only dealt with the company for a month and a half, everyone has been friendly and helpful. I applied 10/21, received an interview invitation 11/10, had interview a few weeks later. After first interview, I received a call for another interview. Following I was offered, then accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

Standard HR Questions involving what you like about the company and what you bring to the table. Questions consisted of things like describe a time in which you struggled. Very standard first interview overall.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was mostly casual. I had two separate interviews scheduled for me when I arrived with no follow ups afterward. I arrived in a room with other interns scheduled for interviews on that day and we were called one by one by our respective interviewers and taken elsewhere.