United States Steel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.7

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at United States Steel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR. Phone interview with hiring manager went well, and he even mentioned I had an impressive resume. A few hours later I got a form letter saying they were pursuing other candidates

Interview Questions

• What is your five year plan?   1 Answer

Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in January and took over 30 days to contact. Once contacted assessment test, interview and drug test all happened within a 3 day period.

The interview consist of the HR Manage and location manger. Wanted to make sure your responsible and reliable employee.

Interview Questions

• Ask general questions about my resume nothing particular to the job due to it being an entry level position.   Answer Question

Utility Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, completed and passed assessment test, went to in person interview all within 10 days.
    Felt the interview went great and was told I wireless would be receiving email with a few days and that the offer would be contingent based on passing physical, drug test and background check.
    I week has passed and still no email.

Interview Questions

• would you panic if you had to go on a computer to add entries to a data base?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a bit hectic, and it seemed rushed. There was no follow up after last phone screen.
    I was called in response to submitting my resume online via LinkedIn's job post and screened for about 5 minutes before being set up for a scheduled phone screen the following week with another HR contact. From there I was set up for a second phone interview with the HR Lead/Hiring Manager. I never heard back from both phone screens. Obviously, I wasn't selected but it would have been a great courtesy to communicate that to me after spending time learning about the company and the position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have being a strategic partner to the general manager for a sales team?   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Gary, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

two phone interviews and then an on site interview, the day the onsite interview was scheduled was not a good day for the interviewees, wasn't able to meet with everyone. I wish HR would have known this.

Interview Questions

• What is the impression of US Steel in the community?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Interview

I applied on their career site in early October of 2016. Got an email mid November to have either a phone or in person interview (I did phone). About a week and a half later I got a call for a different interview for a slightly different position. That interview was in person in Pittsburgh. About a day later I got a call for an offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

1st Interview - Phone or in person (Two Managers)
    I chose in person, lasted under an hour.
    2nd Interview - Phone (Supervisor)
    This one lasted around 50 minutes.
    Both interviews didn't seem long. Friendly folks. Felt comfortable talking in both interviews.

From Recruiting Department, Security who works at front desk, to the Managers and Supervisors. Phenomenal people. I only dealt with the company for a month and a half, everyone has been friendly and helpful. I applied 10/21, received an interview invitation 11/10, had interview a few weeks later. After first interview, I received a call for another interview. Following I was offered, then accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was mostly casual. I had two separate interviews scheduled for me when I arrived with no follow ups afterward. I arrived in a room with other interns scheduled for interviews on that day and we were called one by one by our respective interviewers and taken elsewhere.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel.

Interview

Applied both through their corporate site and through my university's site. Visited them at a career fair. Later on had an on campus interview followed by 2, 45-minute interviews at their corporate site in Pittsburgh

Interview Questions

• Why U.S. Steel? What do you know about the steel industry? Name a time when you....   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Interview

I had an onsite interview with USS and recieved and accepted an offer within a week. However after passing a drug screening, physical etc... the company never responded to my multiple phone calls asking for a start date. They finally did get in touch months later to tell me all new hiring was on hold until market conditions approve. If you plan on working for USS be aware of how they treat potential employees.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios based questions where you explain your skills and how they relate to the job   Answer Question