United States Steel Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 153 of over 153 interviews

In Person5%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Steel (West Mifflin, PA)

Interview

2 interviews, first one was online. No technical questions, just character screening and questions about items on my resume. Second interview just laid out some projects and gauged my interest on site. If you want the job you'll have to deal with lots of HR struggles and lack of communication. I got sent to the wrong place on the first day even double checking. If this is want you want keep that in mind.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding resume details along with character screening.
    Answer Question

United States Steel

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United States Steel

Interview

Panel interview where a series of questions was asked about my background, work history and experience. There were questions tailored to the purchasing aspect of US steel. Emphasis on 3.5 GPA was important

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United States Steel

Application

I interviewed at United States Steel

Interview

BB style interview and asked general questions about. No real technical interview questions. Not that hard. Typcial big corperation interview process. Panel asks you a questions from different departments then they might tak you on a tour of the steel mill. Interview takes about 45 mins to complete.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United States Steel

Application

I interviewed at United States Steel

Interview

Great. Friendly. Straight to the point. Comforting. Hired on the spot. Helpful. Inviting. The overall process was inviting. I did wear a suit and was complimented on my appearance. I was offered any type of refreshment I wanted.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a little bit about yourself.

United States Steel

Application

I interviewed at United States Steel

Interview

I applied online, after 2-3 month I received an email saying they have already filled the position, however a few days later, I received a phone call to schedule an interview. It was mostly normal behavioral questions with 2 technical questions. I did the interview towards the end of December, and have yet to hear back from them this far.

Interview Questions
  • What is the composition of air? (this question was asked because the position was for a blast furnace plant engineer)

United States Steel

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Steel in Nov 2020

Interview

Couple of phone interview followed by in-person interview. Questions were regarding compliance procedures, Title V compliance requirements, team work, and leadership. Interview was straightforward, the team was great. The turn around was very quick.

Interview Questions
  • Compliance philosophy, air quality policies. Permitting knowledge, TItle V

United States Steel

Application

I interviewed at United States Steel

Interview

Formal, prepared questions from a guide mixed with additional scenario based questions. 3 employees from the company were in the interview room with me. A manager and two of their employees.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a group project you worked on. What was your role, how did the project turn out?
1 person found this interview helpful

United States Steel

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Steel

Interview

After sending a written interview form to be filled out you get an email that's many words to say "Don't hesitate to reach out to me with questions about your application" Two emails reaching out with when next I can expect a decision and how further interviews would be conducted were met with absolute radio silence and there's no one else to contact via email, phone, or linkedin. If the point person was fired or laid off then at least change the name in the emails to an actual person that would answer questions. Alternatively the job site status markers should actually mean something instead of being stuck as "under review" until two years from now before they'll finally close the job listing.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how well you feel suited to the job responsibilities and why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beckville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Steel (Beckville, TX) in Aug 2020

Interview

Placed application on line. The screening process resulted in a call from the company's recruiter. The recruiter indicated the interview went well and that I had certainly checked all the boxes.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about what improvement projects was I responsible for carrying out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Steel (Pittsburgh, PA) in Aug 2020

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted for an interview within a month. Since it was during COVID, I had a panel interview via zoom with 3 members of the HR team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 153 Interviews