Urban Outfitters Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Phila, PA).

Interview

Phone Call talking with a recruiter about the position and your experience, then an Automated Skype call where the questions were preset and recorded, "Interview Day" group interviews at Home Office

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted an application to a specific internship program. Received an email soon after with instructions to complete video interview within two days. Got a generic email on the date they specified of their decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

submit the project which they offer you to do and you will need to do an video record at first. then I got a skype call for intervew because I was not in USA.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Received a call a month after submitting an online application. First, I had an informal phone interview with a talent acquisition team member. It was a subjective interview and went on for a quick 20 minutes. A second round interview was scheduled through email and was in person with a few members of the product development team. The interview involved a few questions about my past experiences, current knowledge of the position requirements, and the opportunity to ask the team questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application, and three weeks later, got an email saying they wanted to interview me at their home office. I interviewed at their internship recruiting day. It was super nice, the atmosphere was incredibly beautiful and not at all like a typical corporate environment, and everyone there was really fashionable and cool. The interview took place in a large room, where there were approximately twenty interviewers conducting 1-on-1 interviews with candidates. I interviewed with two different individuals, and the interview itself was laid-back and conversational. They wanted to hear about my work, but also made it a priority to make me feel comfortable, which was really awesome.

Interview Questions

• What type of lighting do you prefer? How much experience do you have with Photoshop? What are your biggest challenges? How do you get inspiration?   6 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

I thought it was pretty cool. Interviewed with two people at the Urban Outfitters Home Office in Philly during their Intern Interview Day. They asked pretty normal questions, wanted to make sure that I knew about the brand, competitors, etc. The office is beautiful. The people were great to interview with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They sent me an offer letter with salary.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview after submitting my application in November, a few weeks after the deadline. I had to fly out about a month later to Philadelphia for the interview to their home office. Interviewed with two people from the department and heard back within 2 weeks of the interview.

Interview Questions

• At one point, they had me list off new product ideas and seemed like they were expecting a long list of ideas.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

it was about experience in the retail world and whether i had familiarity with clothing and fashion; about customer service skills and "what if" scenarios regarding a customer returning an item, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with retail and customer service skills?   Answer Question