Urban Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,245 Interview Reviews

2.2

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied sometime before the internship application deadline, and I was emailed about a video interview shortly after. I was then invited to Interview Day in Philadelphia. You pay for transportation & your hotel stay. I had separate interviews with 2 people and both asked the exact same questions.

Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online in October and got an email about a week later asking to do a video via HireVue. HireVue interview lasted less than 30 minutes. There were about 4 or 5 questions. Didn't hear back until January.

Interview Questions

• If money wasn't a factor, where would you travel to and why?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Chicago, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

I had noticed that a Free People store was hiring and wanted in badly since I have lived in the clothing for almost a decade now. I had done presentations in college about the Urban brands and really knew my stuff. I applied online and was contacted via email by the FP recruiter for an interview.

I was there early and was asked to fill out the application which had all of the standard questions you'd expect as well as some interesting ones like "What celebrity embodies the Free People image"?

After I submitted it, I was tag-team interviewed by the recruiter and a new store manager. I was asked questions about my current job and what I liked/disliked about it, who the FP girl was, what an effective manager was, etc but felt like I was really being judged on my cuteness level and it was so distracting that it threw off my entire interview. I generally interview REALLY well, ask questions, make plenty of eye contact- I've never had an interview go so horribly! Not only that, but it was difficult to read either one of them- they never made any facial expressions or asked further questions after I answered their questions.

I was then given a website to visit for a long list of questions about stealing or smoking pot while at work. It asked for your SS# and everything. Sorry, I don't give that out unless I'm employed...

I knew I didn't get the job immediately after the interview anyway- but was "formally" declined via email almost 2 months later.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Detroit, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Very easy. Submitted my resume online and the got a group interview and they called me and I met the store manager and was hired for seasonal and then got hired full time and have been with the company for almost three years now.

Assistant Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2009.

Interview

Someone from HR pre-screened me via phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked to supply referencesand asked for permission for them to be checked out. I approved and the next day one of my former co-workers received the "reference check" call. All went well and I was invited to come in for an interview 5 days later. All info was sent via e-mail in great detail ( who I was meeting with, the schedule for the day since I had to pass a skills test besides all other regular stuff) and detailed directions how to find teh home office. I first met with the Talent aquisition manager - we exchanged a few friendly words and then went into the basic interview questions ( why do you want to work for us, tell me about yourself etc), then came the aptittude test ( I felt like this was something to just keep me busy for about 30 minutes but I took my time and saw it as another challenge to show that I don't rush into things), then I was escorted to the next building for the skills test. I met the Department manager ( she was very open, friendly and welcoming) and made me feel at ease; she explained what the test was about and the steps involved with this in order to find out my strengths and for what categories I would be the best fit. The test itself was long and felt complicated but it is beneficial for the company as well as the interviewee - this shows if both are a good match.At the end I exchanged questions and answers with the department manager ( once again very supportive and open) and at the end of the day ( approx. 4pm) we finished and I was escorted back to the general area; I had a chance to verify names and contact adresses of people that had been present during the test and said my goodbyes. 2 days later I was contacted by the HR manager with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic interview questions that can be answered if one takes the time to research the company as well as know's ones own skill set and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once I received the offer I reviewed the compensation and found that it was too low so I counter offered and was told that Urban would meet me in the "middle" but that there was no more room for negotiations and that I had to quit my current job immedaitely and start in 2 weeks if I wanted to keep the offer intact. I saw the opportunity to work at Urban as a great improvement and with room for personal advancement over the current job and accepted.

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

well i got the job on a walk in , they were doing walk in interviews on the 3rd floor and i was just testing my luck and i got the job it was awesome

Interview Questions

• why should be hire you at urban outfitters   1 Answer

Visual Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

The process took over four months. I interviewed with their current visual manger, she was cool, chill and really sweet. They then set up a time for me to go in and dressed a few of the mannequins and put together a trend board. Then interviewed with the visual district manager over the phone, hard to tell how she really was. Overall she liked me then she set up an interview with me and the store manager at that location. One of the district manager happened to be there so they both interviewed me. It was chill, the questions wasn’t difficult. Typical management and merchandising questions. I thought it went well. Didn’t hear back for 3 weeks, I finally reach back to the district visual manager and she said she doesn’t think I have enough management experience for the position but they all were impress by my visual ability. She suggested I take a department manager position to start out at with the company. I was fine with the decision and the idea of a department manager but then they all just stop and never replied back to me. Overall the experience wasn’t so bad other than the timeline, I felt like I was always trying to keep everyone on track and kept the process going; the second I stop emailing, everyone else did too…a little unorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an employee that just doesn't seem to understand their job?
      What would you bring to the location?
      Why this job?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Phone screening, then a couple of rounds of face-to-face interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They didn't want to negotiate

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Phila, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

Video interview on HireView. Was asked 4 questions and given 3 or 3.5 minutes to answer each. Was not able to pause or re-do the video, nor were you able to view it after completing it. Questions were specific to the interview you applied for. Had 48 hours to complete it after getting email with link.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in November 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application and assignment for the marketing internship, I received an invitation to have a digital interview with them via HireVue the next day. There were only a few questions and they gave you several chances to record your answers.

Interview Questions

• How does you background and experience make you a perfect fit for URBN and this internship position?   Answer Question