Urban Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2018
1,183 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online. And a few days later I got asked to do a HireVue interview which you film on your laptop. They asked about 6 questions and you have time to think about your answer. Some questions are 30 seconds and others are 1-2 minutes long. 2 months later I got asked to attend a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Online video interview - 4 to 5 questions. Applied 2 years and questions were the same both times. Says you only have 30 seconds to prepare but there is no time limit

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I submitted a creative project on predicting trends for the following season and then received an email a few hours later to submit a video interview. I did not make it past the video interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Once you submit the application, they'll call you if they like you for the second round of the process. It's a group interview with some manager and other applicants. Honestly, it is just a couple of random questions to see if YOU fit THEIR brand. If you don't, you probably won't get the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in May 2018.

Interview

So far I’ve made it through the video interview process and am going in for a group interview this week. 6 questions about yourself, and your interests. I’m pretty sure they judge your style during that process aswell, so dress in their style.

Interview Questions

• What are your passions and interests, and how have they influenced projects youve worked on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Personality and Style Based. If you look cool, seem cool, they'll hire you. There's not much to it. They ask you questions about yourself to get a feel of your personality.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I haven’t gone to my interview since it’s until this Thursday but when I applied I got a call the same day and all the store manager told me was to come in at 2pm and to dress as if I worked at urban Outfitters which is casual.

Interview Questions

• What kind of music I was into?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online and got an email that week about doing an online interview where you send in recorded answers. I had experience working for a retailer and I've been obsessed with the brand for years so I thought I would be well-prepared for the interview by just looking through some questions and reading about the company through their site. I was so wrong. The questions they asked were pretty hard. I submitted my answers and didn't hear back. I think they are looking for a very specific creative person and I didn't fit the criteria.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your creative passions and what is a time you took initiative on a project to pursue them?   Answer Question
    • If you were asked to help create a visual aesthetic for the store where/ who would you draw inspiration from?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

You apply online first, and upload your resume, answer a few questions about current and/or past jobs, etc. Then, a few days later, you will get an email asking you to complete a video interview. When you click on the link, you are asked to upload your resume again, and then you complete the video interview. The video interview records what you say and you can't look back and change what you said, so its a fair one-take only for everyone. Then, they will email you asking to meet with you a a Hiring Event, where you and other possible employees then do a group interview with one of the managers. They will then call you within the week to offer you the job or not.

Interview Questions

• If your friends could give you a hashtag, what would it be?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Augusta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online called same day for interview next day. Had a group orientation then one on one interview. Offered position to start in 2 weeks. Very easy. I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   1 Answer