Urban Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,057 Interview Reviews

2.2

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA).

Interview

Just wanted to review my resume and hear more about my skills and why I'm interested in the position. They asked what I planned to do after college and what my five year plan is. It was Skype to get the process moving along quickly.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Video interview conducted on a laptop. Very straight-forward but a little impersonal... probably hard to gauge a person's character through a screen, but I feel like they do it to make sure you have the right "look" before they go forward with you.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position and a day later I was contacted to do the video interview. I had no prep time on my interview questions so it was easy to think of my answers before I hit record. The next day I was asked to come in for a one on one interview and it was just me and not a group. A week after the interview they told me I got the job! The interview is super laid back they basically just want to know if you have a good personality that will mesh well with everyone.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

After the video interview I had an in person group interview with two other people, all three of us were hired. The interviewer was easy going which helped, some of the questions were silly like "if your friends had to describe you with a hashtag, what would it be?"

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite Urban Outfitters brands?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Phila, PA).

Interview

Phone Call talking with a recruiter about the position and your experience, then an Automated Skype call where the questions were preset and recorded, "Interview Day" group interviews at Home Office

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Made it to the U.O. intern interview day which essentially is a cattle call for all of the interns applying for various positions to meet with their potential co-workers if they're chosen (I applied as a video intern).

Interview process was relatively simple. Although I was in a big room with multiple interviews going on simultaneously, the interviewers were very friendly and nice.

Although I didn't get the position, I received good feedback from the team and had the opportunity of seeing the hq.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

After applying online, you get sent and email for a video interview, which is a series of questions that you must video tape yourself answering and submit it. After the video interview, the next step is a in-person interview (may be one on one or a group interview) and also asked a series of questions.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

I completed my video interviews after receiving multiple responses over two weeks ago, but I have not heard from them yet. Reading the other people responses, I'm not doubtful that I will receive a group interview request, but it's frustrating to see that you have to wait a while to get to that part. It would show good management if they would respond in a timely fashion, or if they were rejecting people after the video bit, to respond with an email, instead of leaving them hanging. It's just common courtesy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you overheard your coworkers plotting to use their employee discount for a friend, even though it's against company policy?`   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Durham, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email after submitting an application through Urban's company website. I was then asked to complete a video interview, a day or so later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you for the Urban Outfitters position.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Denver, CO).

Interview

One phone interview with a district manager. Sit down interview with the Store and Visual manager jointly. This interview was followed by an morality survey that I filled out online.