Urban Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017
1,111 Interview Reviews

2.2

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

First round interview was done via. HireView as a video interview. It was a recorded interview with question prompts. They asked four questions. Take a deep breathe, there's no rush and they give you all the time you need to prepare to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• What part of the Product Development cycle are you most excited to learn more about?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received an email stating that I must do a video interview and after my video interview a few days later I got a call for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Recall a difficult situation you were put into and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

you have to do a "hirevu" video interview that feels like you're audition to host a fashion vlog. it's definitely corporates way of sifting out those who don't look or act in line with the URBN brand. If you get through that and manage to get an in person interview, you basically got the job assuming your availability works and you act professionally.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Group interview with about 4 other candidates and they would ask questions such as what you liked about Urban Outfitters, how would you describe the brand and they would be directed to the entire group and everyone would have to answer. It was best to be the first person because other people were so quick to piggy back off your answers and you would make a good impression.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

It's a two part process. You either submit a review online or in-store. The applications are screened and, if you are a candidate, you are invited to (usually) a group interview. Before the group interview, there is an online questionnaire you have to fill out. We were always jokingly told to filled it out as if you were answering questions from your grandmother. The group interview is a little strange if you experience that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Urban Outfitters?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I did a video interview and then they emailed me asking for a group interview, once there it’s pretty easy going, just remember to be yourself and just have a good time.

Interview Questions

• What are you interest   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you received amazing customer services and how you can apply that here.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Had one in person interview by myself. I spoke with one manager for less than half an hour and was asked to come back in a week. Came in for second interview and found out I had already been hired. Still answered questions and scheduled my first day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience confronting a customer or a person breaking a rule or law in a professional setting?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Very Casual. Group interview process with laid back interviewer. Many questions about your personal style and where you pull inspiration from. Seems almost like they are more concerned with validating how cool you are rather than how qualified for the job you may be. All in all an easy process with some interesting questions to try to determine your style and hobbies.

Interview Questions

• What is your spirit animal? Why do you want to work for Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was asked to come to the Hiring Event. About a week later I was asked to come to the Final Interview. Didn't realize the Final Interview was also a group interview(same kind of interview as the Hiring Event)

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to Urban Outfitters that you've learned from previous jobs?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online in fall 2017 and received the opportunity to do a video interview through Hire Vue. They give you a set of question to answer and record yourself at home.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you hear a couple of employees talking about purchasing items for a friend using their employee discount. Knowing this is against policy, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • imagine you've been asked to provide your opinion on the outfitting and styling for one of the merchandising projects in our stores, where would you look for inspiration that reflects current fashion trends?   Answer Question
    • tell us a time about that you helped deliver a great customer experience. What did you do? What effect did it have on the customer?   Answer Question
    • What else do you want us to know about you?   Answer Question