WSP Graduate Structural Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WSP Graduate Structural Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at WSP

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WSP (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Online application (CV and cover letter), followed by online testing and video interview questions. The video interview consisted of recording answers, with no practice allowed for the final question. I then went for a interview at the London offices, consisting of a technical test and a fairly informal talk over my CV.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for WSP

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto San Giorgio (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WSP (Porto San Giorgio (Italy)) in November 2016.

Interview

A video interview in which questions appeared on the screen you have 30 seconds to think and then 1 minute of time to record the answer. It took me about 15 minutes to finish the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why WSP?
      Why did you choose your degree?
      What are your strengths?
      Tell about when you made a mistake and how you responded.
      Tell about a time when you were under pressure and how you behaved.   Answer Question

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WSP in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to WSP through their website for their Graduate Scheme as a Structural Engineer. I received an offer for a video interview after a week. After accepting their offer, I had 5 days to make the video interview from my house. It had 7 questions and I had 30 sec to read the questions and then 1 min to submit my answer through their online platform..

Interview Questions

• General questions
      1. Why I choose WSP?
      2. If I had internship and how it helped me?
      3. My personal career goal?
      4. My greatest achievement up to date?   Answer Question

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WSP.

Interview

It was a strange experience. I had a video interview, but I was under pressure because there was just a minute to answer the question and I tried to be relaxed but sometimes I couldn't do it because the time was running out and I had to finalized my answers. There were 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why wsp?
      2. A time you was under pression and how you overcame it
      3. A time you made a mistake and how you solved it
      4. Why did you choose civil engineering?
      5. Did you have any traineeship? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WSP (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I did a 15 minute video interview. A question is asked, and I then had 30 second to prepare an answer, followed by a maximum of 1 minute to record my answer.
    I was then put forward to an assessment day. The assessment day involved a presentation, a networking/Q&A session, a short interview about my motivations and aspirations and a fairly open ended technical question about the design of a structure.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for WSP?
      What is your favourite module that you study?
      Please describe a time when you have been challenged   Answer Question

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WSP (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

A couple of weeks after submitting my application I received an invite to complete a video interview. I could choose when to take the interview but was only given until the end of the week to do so.

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WSP (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Started with online application which was standard, followed by a video interview with quite a few questions. Then got invited to interview centre. They put me up in a hotel for the night and sorted travel which was good. All the HR staff were really nice. The assessment centre was pretty chilled. A long introduction without assessment to begin, then a short group exercise before lunch. The afternoon was interviews and a technical task. The technical task was kind of architecture rather than engineering but pretty fun. The interviews were standard 'tell us about a time...'. Heard back within about a week.

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WSP (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2018.

Interview

Took a group interview first for almost 2 hrs and that consisted of two games required interviewees to show their team spirit to cooperate with their teammate. Then, an one-hour written test was assigned and the test was consisted of two parts to be answered. (q1) The questions asked to calculate the maximum bending moment of the wall under the soil pressure and water pressure. (q2.) given a maximum force that the column can handle and based on this condition to design a most economical column.

Interview Questions

• List out the lab test used in the soil test and tell the details of it like how to conduct it. What can be found it those experiments?   Answer Question

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WSP (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied for Assistant Engineer (CVL) via a third party job site, and was sent an email asking me to apply via the company website. After applying via the company website I was invited for an interview about 1 week later. When I arrived at the interview I met with the Hiring Manager of the Buildings department, as my postgraduate degree was in Structural Engineering.

The interview was straightforward, we discussed my past experience, education and skills and also discussed my career plan in detail. I was asked to write a short test (30 min) which was aimed at Graduate level and was quite easy.

The Hiring Manager was open and honest, and discussed some issues within the department (such as living up to the company's name on an international level and quality), and what can be done to improve.