Wachovia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wachovia Interview Questions

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia.

Interview

First interview was through a recruiter over the phone. Very basic questions. 2nd interview was by the department head and was a thorough but basic question interview.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions other the standard tell me about yourself questions   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Ontario, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

1st they call you interview you over the phone, then they ask you to come in and you interview with the floor managers which can consist of up to 5 of them.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you ?   2 Answers
    • What makes you different from others ?   1 Answer

took another one

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wachovia (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Initially contacted by internal recruiter. Two hour interview with hiring manager. The normal questions on background and skills. At the end, I was asked to prepare a business plan and submit it to them. Spent some time on the business plan, provided them research and ideas. Didn't hear anything back (not even a comment on the 15 page plan) so followed up with the recruiter. Told me that they are still interviewing candidates and going to keep looking. My guess is that they are looking for a grand slam home run.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2008.

Interview

My initial interview was actually with a recruiter first who asked me several questions about my skill set and what I was able to do as a developer. Once he was satisfied with my responses he set me up with a technical test. It was pretty straight forward but did take an hour out of my day. It was a timed test. Once I passed that test the recruiter called on a regular basis until we synced up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager rescheduled with me 2 times but we eventually connected. The day after that I received a call from the recruiter who told me that they wanted to interview me in person. That took approximately a week. I interviewed with the hiring manager, a technical specialist, and then select members of the team I was to be working with. I received a call the next day with the job offer. I found out that I was against several other people. I accepted the position and then several months later was in charge of screening and interviewing more developers to expand the team. Great Experience. The environment was awesome, fast pace and VERY busy due to a merger. Over all the people that I worked with were the best to date and I have been contracting for several years and have worked at several places.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to build a dynamic drop down menu in flash without using a built in component.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated the rate I was requesting upfront, once It was agreed upon, there was no further negotiation.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Charlotte, NC) in May 2007.

Interview

The interview process was kind of long winded – from initial to final there were nine interviews with various people.

Initial interviews are by phone (screening) – then invited to Charlotte for a series of interviews.
    Many initial interviews followed a ‘structured question’ path (all candidates asked the same questions) – these are not focused on the job role, and you can be asked the same question multiple different ways. They focus round getting buy in for your ideas, overcoming objections to your ideas, handling conflict, keeping project moving despite strong opposition, plan for first 90 days, and how do you cope with change.
    Interviews were drawn from peer group, some partners you will need to interact with in the role, and final stages are the direct (and matrix) manager(s) you will be working for.

In my case – the interview process was quite positive –they had screened a many applicants and only a few were making though to the later rounds. First few rounds are clearly screening, with set questions - later interviews mostly concentrated on personality and style – mostly to see if the manager felt you were a good fit for their team.

The interviews tended to be in recruitment / meeting areas – with the interviewers coming to the room, so getting a feel for the office environment was difficult. Final interview was in the manager’s office.

Interview Questions

• Many initial interviews followed a ‘structured question’ path (all candidates asked the same questions) – these are not focused on the job role, and you can be asked the same question multiple different ways. Initial focus round getting buy in for your ideas, overcoming objections to your ideas, handling conflict, keeping project moving despite strong opposition, plan for first 90 days, and how do you cope with change.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wachovia has a bay band for each role, and tends to offer in the 40-50th percentile range initially – but will go up a bit (max would be about 75 if you were really impressive.

The HR rep was able to negotiate within a range and was generally positive to work with. There was a range he was able to offer, and I was willing to accept – I said I couldn’t accept the initial offer, and he was able to come back with $12 more after a couple calls.

He was also able to offer a an up front bonus to cover loss of share options etc at previous company (note they talk ‘sign on’ but offer letter comes as ‘up front’ it didn’t quite get the significance until the end of the years when I was told I was not getting any consideration for part year bonus as I has already received it ‘up front’ – not a big issue, but just be aware of terminology).

WB also paid the relocation costs in a standard package.

Hint – if you know anyone at WB, the pay band for each role is published on the internal job posting board, try asking a friend to look it up and let you know the range.

Branch Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Washington, DC) in August 2009.

Interview

The first round phone interview and skills test were humorously straight out of an HR handbook. It was easy to tell that the recruiter was looking to hear specific items so that they could check the box. It was imperative to try to sound as outgoing and extroverted as possible. The 1:1 interview was less rigid, but still included a set list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you faced a decision that was unpopular among your peers   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Orlando, FL) in November 2008.

Interview

I first met with the local area manager because I was refereed. The manager made it seems that Wachova was the best place to be. That they had a strong market presence and that I was able to make lots of money selling the Pick A Payment loan. I needed a job so I took it. I feel bad for all those Pick A Payment loan I was forced to sell!

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Raleigh, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

Several questions concerning meeting company referral requirements and "what would you do" type situations. Be prepared to talk about past sales experience and dealing with questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had not met your weekly goal and had to meet it?   1 Answer
    • What is a time when your customer service was not up to par and how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wachovia (Syosset, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

the hiring is pretty much straight forward! apply, when you get a cal you do a phone interview then they have you meet with your branch manager and if everything goes good from there then they will offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• explain a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiating with these people.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wachovia (Savannah, GA) in August 2008.

Interview

Interview process went pretty fast. The first interview was conducted over the phone and only took a few mins. I was able to do the phone interview while at work. The second and final interview was done at a local Wachovia Bank and was 1:1 with typical interview questions such as how do you do under pressure?

Interviewee was very nice gentleman who at the time was at the office downtown and didn't do many interviews. He no longer works for the company but was a very energetic fun loving character.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have had to handle, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question