Wargaming Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Wargaming

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 55 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wargaming (United Kingdom)

Interview

I was contacted by one of the Wargaming recruiters via linkedIn, we had an initial 30m skype meeting to talk about the company, the role and about my past work, it went really well and one thing I mentioned up front was the fact that I didn't no want to relocate, recruiter assured me the role could be remote with one 1 or 2 days a month in the office, so far so great, I have my second meeting this time 1 hour with 2 programmers from Wargaming, answer all the questions they seem to be interested in moving to the next stage when they ask me how soon could I relocate, the job was on location only, I'm still not sure if the recruiter knew the role was on location only or if the team tried to switch that at the last hour, any way got the traditional if you are willing to relocate we would love to move forward with the process answer back, to which I politely declined.

Interview Questions
  • What would be the difference between a pointer and a reference?
    Answer Question
  • If you had to keep track of how many items you collected in the last 10 seconds how would you implement this?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wargaming (Sydney)

Interview

Phone screening interview that asked about general things like interest, experience at previous job etc. After this there was a timed online programming test which would lead to further interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wargaming (Prague) in Dec 2020

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and it really made me want to be part of the company. We talked a lot, she answered all my questions in a very friendly way. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • If I had global experience and what were my main challenges.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germany
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wargaming (Germany)

Interview

nice . they seem great. people know what they are doing and some of them are just startin there. so its nice to see a fresh look would be nice to talk to someone who is there for couple of years already to know their deep secrets

Interview Questions
  • how do you work what do you do . how to avoid problems
Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wargaming (Saint Petersburg) in Oct 2020

Interview

The interview took place in the form of a conversation with HR and Lead artist. Overall atmosphere was very pleasant and positive. The employer asked some standard questions for this position and calmly and interestedly dried up the answers.

Interview Questions
  • Software experience Favourite games Some questions about hard skills
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Wargaming (Melbourne) in Sep 2020

Interview

Waste of time! I got two calls from Wargaming Recruiter and it was boring. Initially while on call to much fuss about annual compensation, which he offered below market rate, low ballers and I declined the hiring process there only. It's not worth investing time and efforts for the initial code test, 2 hours technical round, and 1 hour 30 minute behavioral round with HR followed by another technical round for 1 hour. Their office hierarchy feels like a communist rank and it was frustrating to know their hierarchies in the band of junior, mid, senior, then again they have a hierarchy junior-senior engineer followed by mid and Senior. In my opinion, if hiring research engineers with machine learning and data science skills having experience in OpenGL and DirectX please don't waste their time with your current offer. Gaming companies are cool and when I read the glassdoor reviews of this company sounds the same below average the moment I was briefed about the company by the recruiter.

Interview Questions
Wargaming
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germany
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wargaming (Germany)

Interview

average interview + home task on game design: need to specify new logics with ingame currency based on convertion. Describe cons and pros and process of implementation. My idea was declined without comments.

Interview Questions
Wargaming
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Wargaming (United States) in Jul 2020

Interview

Spoke with an internal recruiter. Mainly went over the job description and talked about himself and only brief about my own job history. I wish we would have gone more in depth about my skillsets and about the gaming industry. Overall it was a underwhelming experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wargaming (United States)

Interview

No Interview process. Send me e-mail and set up a time to have a phone interview. Ghosted. After a week,told me there's a technical issue they finally solved. And then rescheduled another time. Ghosted. I don't understand why a big company like Wargaming will have this happen during the interview process. Scheduled two interviews, and never call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norway
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wargaming (Norway)

Interview

Lots of confusion. The interviewer changed between two calls and they did not have any information of what had been said during the first call. The second woman calling was not very good at English so there was a bit of a language barrier.

Interview Questions
  • General textbook questions about programming. Lots of namedropping questions, not assessing your technical capabilities.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 55