Wargaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2018

2.9

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wargaming (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Very unprofessional. Not only did HR fail to deliver meetings at the set times but was all over the place with planning. Office was nice but the employee presentation was awful. Scantly clad pj's seemed to be the norm. Interview room was booked and when we finally went in after 30 minute wait where I sat alone...the place was left with trash and rank body odor. If that was not a deal killer the openness of team trash talking is a kicker. Not worth the drama.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward questions. Nothing too over the top. But it is strange when they ask your age and down you if you did not play NES games.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wargaming.

Interview

Thorough, covers a solid amount of your skills and knowledge. Starts with an HR phone screen, followed by a technical phone screen. If you seem like a good fit, you will be invited on site for a full day interview (5 rounds with 1-2 people each).

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the size of a struct?   1 Answer
    • Divide a number by 7 without using division/modulo operators.   2 Answers
    • Open ended:
      How would you design a basic gbuffer for a simple deferred renderer, assuming that you want to have diffused and specular textures on your model?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wargaming in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the lead developers. The interview lasted 30 minutes and covered data structures and knowledge about general programming concepts. I had completely forgot about heaps (the data structure, not the memory space), but I talked through the process of creating a performant data structure for sorting number.

Interview Questions

• How would you store a collection of numbers so that getting the minimum number is O(1) and inserting new numbers is extremely efficient?   1 Answer

Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wargaming.

Interview

Was a long interview about 4-5 hours long meeting the team. Went through each department head and some questions about my overall knowledge and skills. I was asked some questions about how I would solve certain situations. A few of the artists took me to lunch and we talked about myself and the position as well as trying to get to know each other .Overall a very positive interview experience

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wargaming (Emeryville, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Met with several members of the team and got a strong sense of what opportunities existed in the company as a whole. The interview process was either one on one or done as a group. It was very casual where members of the group I would be joining asked questions about my qualifications as well as some "blue sky" sessions on what I would like to do, change, or implement in their games.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any experience with live operations.   1 Answer

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wargaming (Emeryville, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Went through Recruiter and then eventually was called by recruiter for first phone interview. Went well; Eventually went onto in-person interview with two other employees from department in which I was to be hired on(however was informed that I was to speak with more than 3 people initially). After the in-person interview, I was given a test which took approx. 30 minutes to complete. About 4-5 days later, I was informed that I was to be considered to go onto the next step and asked to fill out an application with personal information and references. The following week, I was informed that I was no longer a candidate for the position any longer.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was what makes you better than other candidates for this position?   1 Answer

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wargaming (Emeryville, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a fairly prompt response to my application and was offered a phone interview for the following week. A week later, I was invited to the Emeryville office for an in-person interview. The in-person interview had two phases: a two-person panel interview with department supervisors and a 1-on-1 interview with someone higher up the ladder. A few weeks later, I got a phone call offering me an exempt version of the position.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wargaming (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I was asked briefly about my past experience as QA Lead and Community Manager. I was then asked about my process in QA in regards to bug finding, reproducing, and reporting. This included what software was used, and how I handled difficult bugs

Interview Questions

• What were my duties as a QA Lead at my last job?
      What were my duties as a Community Manager at my last job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wargaming.

Interview

First phase is a phone interview. Just to make sure you aren't unstable.

Second phase is an in-person interview. Initially I thought I had to be interviewed by six different people, but by the time I showed up only two people interviewed me. Not a big deal, but that confusion could have been avoided.

During the interview they didn't ask obnoxious questions. Nice and straight forward people. I was asked to "reply" (not actually responding as this was done on paper) to real examples of emails that CSR's get. I was also asked to rate my knowledge on various computer tech ranging from the easy (BSOD) and stuff that was beyond normal knowledge. However, they stressed that the tech. knowledge didn't disqualify me, and they just wanted to know how much I knew.

Interview Questions

• Computer technical issues/problems that are beyond a normal layman's knowledge.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Process was incredibly slow, took 2-3 months from 1st interview to offer. HR was not very responsive or helpful, poorly managed and structured. Head of HR completely condescending and unprofessional rude during onboarding and negotiation.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience you have? Provide a presentation on an industry topic.   Answer Question