WellCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Provider Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very professional, knowledgeable of the position and healthcare field. Very positive towards the goals future of the company. Managers are extremely nice and welcoming. A great company I was very intrigued by the interview. The managers sat and spoke with me in a casual manner. Not the uptight like the intimidating interviews. They were looking for the real in the candidate. Not just the dress up try hard say anything to get the job. They wanted real people. This was one of the best interviews I have went on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me what I was asking for and more

WellCare Response

Jun 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Glassdoor community. At WellCare, we strive to create a rewarding and enriching environment for our associates. If you would like to... More

Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with a HR recruiter, with the phone interview I gave a brief synopsis of my experience, work history and education. I was asked to come for a face to face interview the following week. My face to face interview went well, I interviewed with 2 women managers. One week later I received a call from HR regarding a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you dealt wit a difficult situation or difficult colleague   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Resume was submitted via a recruiter. 2 or 3 days passed and I received a request for an interview. During the interview, the main interviewer was argumentative and uninterested. After attempting to argue what could or couldn't be discussed in relation to cleared (security clearance) work, the interviewer was dismissive and checked out of the rest of the interview. Since that interview I have noticed that openings continue to come up for the same position and I'm repeatedly offered an opportunity to submit my resume for them.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, just the standard questions to get to know you as a person.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter 3-5 days after submitting my application on Indeed. He went over my resume with me and we had a 10-15 minute conversation about my history and what I was looking for and what they needed. After this discussion, he sent my resume to the hiring manager for review. A few weeks later I received a call back asking me to schedule an interview with the hiring manager and some of the other IT staff department heads. I was currently living in NC at this time, and they were accommodating of my schedule and we were able to conduct the interview, however, the 2 other department heads were not present. After my initial interview a week or so went by and I remained in contact with the recruiter from HR periodically. I was never left in the dark as to what the next step was, the process just took some time to work out. I was eventually able to have my 3rd interview once moving to the Tampa area and was given a verbal confirmation that I would be receiving an offer two days after that. It took approximately a week and a half or so for me to get an actual offer. Overall the process was great. I never felt like I was in the dark with what was going on, it has just been a bit more lengthy than I anticipated, although there were several factors that contributed to that. I would go through the process again if I had to. Compensation is decent, PTO is GREAT for a civilian company, and I'm getting to work 4 10 hours shifts with 3 days off every week, which I think is amazing!

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, as well as some easy to slightly difficult technical questions.   Answer Question

Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellCare (Newark, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for position on 6/17. I was brought in for a face to face interview on 7/26/17 and was called by the end of the business day offering me the position. The interview was so smooth and didn't feel like the typical interviewer. My now supervisor was very personable and it felt like we were just having a pow wow over coffee (minus the coffee). I am so excited to be apart of the team.

Contract Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Interview

I met with a couple of the team members who were polite and professional. Then I met with the Manager, Web Development, and Training Design. I thought she was very shy and indifferent towards me. I found out later through the recruiter, that she was arrogant and condescending in regards to my interview session. As long as she is still at WellCare, I will never apply for a position there. I can't believe a manager can be this unprofessional during an interview.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Online application first, contacted by recruiter via email next, then scheduled a phone interview with the Actuarial Director. Phone interview was a brief 30 minutes. Questions about my resume were asked, along with questions about meeting deadlines and explaining complex topics to laymen. Next interview would have been on site, however, I didn't make it that far. After the phone interview I didn't even get an declining email or response to my inquiry. They just went MIA. They could be better with communication.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial contact was an hour long telephone interview, followed-up by an onsite face-to-face interview. Onsite interview process was informal and reviewed questions raised during the phone conversation but expanded into situational questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with ambiguity in your scope or direction?   1 Answer

WellCare Response

Jun 12, 2017

Claims Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruskin, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Ruskin, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Seems like a really harmless interview process until you actually go into the interview. I had 2 people sit with me and pretty much grill me the entire time about what I do at my current employer. Almost like they wanted me to bad mouth them there's not drama at every company. Applied months ago and they are still hiring. Now a friend of mine works their and has expressed their dire need for help due to no one staying. Needless to say I haven't applied again have with a total of seven years in claims Medicare and Medicaid. 3 associates in 4 on the way out one quitting soon 3 others have already quit most be a sign.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview with HR - Basic questions about resume, experience, and education.
    Phone call from Hiring Manager - More detailed questions about prior roles, experience using company software, teamwork, and job skills.
    Onsite panel interview with team and director - more interactive, learn more about the role and team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for WellCare? Tell me about yourself? Success and challenges faced in previous roles?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer (.NET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 2-hour face to face technical interview. The manager offered the job, and said he has to do some paperwork.. but did not hear anything after that.

Interview Questions

• in the interview, they touched all the parts of the full stack development   Answer Question