WellCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Provider Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very professional, knowledgeable of the position and healthcare field. Very positive towards the goals future of the company. Managers are extremely nice and welcoming. A great company I was very intrigued by the interview. The managers sat and spoke with me in a casual manner. Not the uptight like the intimidating interviews. They were looking for the real in the candidate. Not just the dress up try hard say anything to get the job. They wanted real people. This was one of the best interviews I have went on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me what I was asking for and more

WellCare Response

Jun 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Glassdoor community. At WellCare, we strive to create a rewarding and enriching environment for our associates. If you would like to... More

Community Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

It was really terrific. There were several tables set up and you went from table to table speaking to managers of several different departments. Then they all get together and decided where you would fit best.

Interview Questions

• Which department do you feel you could make the greatest contribution and why.   1 Answer

Contracting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview to review my qualifications. Next round was for panel interview, first being with an HR Rep. Phone screen wasn't too challenging, more review of background and resume. Not a bad company, but the feeling is not one of security and long term retention. It seems the investigation has everyone on edge.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. It was a phone screen with a Talent Acquisition Specialist, phone interview with a senior analyst, and then an in-person interview with the department the position was for. Questions were very straightforward each step of the way. The in-person interview only having 30 minutes to interview with each individual one-on-one was not enough time for me to highlight my skills and potential coming from a non-traditional path to the career path the position offers. I believe that led to me only making it to the final cut without an offer but I put that on myself instead of the process (more a forewarning for future interviewees to prepare for). Everyone was nice and once they reached out to me, had everything together, but sometimes it'd be a struggle to hear from them and get the things I needed. I never received information and breakdown of the position I applied for I was told to review before my interview, even after bringing it up multiple times I still never received it. Fortunately nothing in the interviews required whatever information I was to review but it kept me on edge thinking I might get blindsided on a question or topic the information I was missing would have covered. Only negative of the interview process.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview with HR - Basic questions about resume, experience, and education.
    Phone call from Hiring Manager - More detailed questions about prior roles, experience using company software, teamwork, and job skills.
    Onsite panel interview with team and director - more interactive, learn more about the role and team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for WellCare? Tell me about yourself? Success and challenges faced in previous roles?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Negative experience. I recommend that you apply elsewhere and don't waste your time. Applied through a recruiter, went in for an in-person interview. The interview was a panel interview with no less than 6 people there to interview me. They all sat in different areas of the conference room along the walls with me in the middle. So answering questions was kind of odd having to turn around repeatedly to face the next person speaking. All except 1 were non-native English speakers and they would ask the same questions one after the other as if I hadn't just answered it. For example, after just talking about the Android app I had made, another one would look at my resume and ask "So, you mentioned that you made an Android app can you talk a little bit about that?" The interview was about an hour long.

A few days after the interview I received news that they wanted to hire me, with them giving me a starting date and that I'd receive the hiring paperwork and other information over the next week or so. That time has come and gone and in between the recruiter told me many times that it was a 'sure thing'. I had declined another job offer since this one supposedly paid more and it turned out this company was not good for their word. I interviewed at the Tampa, FL headquarters. Very dishonest and misleading.

Interview Questions

• What is Agile SDLC?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellCare (Cypress, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I initially received a call from the recruiter and eventually from another representative. I had a face to face interview with 2 senior levels managers. I did not receive an offer and never received an update from the recruiter and/or representative which I find it unprofessional considering they were active during the recruitment process but can't seem on finding the time on notifying you of the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions related to managing a staff   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Contact from Senior Human Resource Representative; whom completes and interview screening.

The interview is than scheduled inclusive of an email reminder, tips for interview and the type of attire expected or required. The interview itself is a Pane Style Interview.

Once interview completed an interview follow-up is conducted and if no contact is made the with 1 to 2 weeks, the Senior Human Resource Representative encourages the potential employee to contact the Senior Human Resource Representative within 1 to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions were asked; for example, How would you handle a co-worker that is confrontational?   1 Answer
    • How have you handled multiple deadlines in the past?   1 Answer

WellCare Response

Feb 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Glassdoor community. At WellCare, If you would like to share more about your experience, please feel free to email... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WellCare (Tampa, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

Directors mind was already made up, I had to go thru 4 interviews w/ several managers. That was just the process required by Company. Why not add on posting, something like. "A candidate has already been identified for this position." It would sure make it better when trying to decide if you should post for the position.
    **** Point: make sure you know someone that can help you or you will not get the position available.

Interview Questions

• bahavaoral questions. make sure you have examples of past experience and how your skills can get the job done.   Answer Question
    • talk about your past experiences   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WellCare.

Interview

HR interview, followed by phone screening, followed by face to face interview. I found WellCare to be extremely unprofessional. The HR person consistently failed to notify me in advance about the interview date/time and would often let me know on the day of the interview about the time saying she forgot to inform me earlier. On face to face interview many different people interviewed for 1 hr each. What was the most surprising factor was that NONE of them would go in detail about technology conversations. However, everyone was very respectful except for their VP. I found the VP most arrogant and rude. I decided after interview with him that even if they were to hire I would reject as I would never want to work under someone like him. He appeared to look for someone who would serve his orders rather than bring out the best for the company.

Interview Questions

• None. Most of them were very high level questions without any detail in technology.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at WellCare in January 2014.

Interview

Process was fast took about week. Recruiter interviewed me first to go over my job experience to see if I was a good fit and then set up interviews with my director supervisor and the national director