Xcel Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xcel Energy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2018

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

I applied online and communicated through email to set up a phone interview. I made it to the next round, so will be having another interview. The next interview will be another phone call.

Interview Questions

• Describe analysis and give an example.   1 Answer

Vulnerability Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

Technical and personality phone screen with team, in-person interview with hiring manager and in-person interview with team, entire process was about five days. Technical interview focused on various information security concepts as well as describing specific vulnerabilities

Interview Questions

• Describe in as much detail as possible what happens when you navigate to google.com   Answer Question

IT Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Team interview, tough questions that were not typical. The recruiting company appears to have good relationship and was helpful. The interview began on time and lasted 60 minutes. It was with business, IT PM, and product management team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you had difficulty with stake holder and technology readiness, what was the reason.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Lakewood, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, followed by in-person with two additional team members. Phone interview was brief but covered lots of ground. Team interview was similar. There was not a great deal of clarity in the metrics or goals of this functional team.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in the buisness/corporate area of public utilities and regulated industries?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a 30 minutes interview, where I was asked some technical questions that I was required to know for the position that I was applying for. There were 3 people who took my interview with one of them being the EE supervisor.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

Went in for an interview and got an offer pretty quickly. Overall pretty good interview. The people were nice during the process. Good communication with the offer letter. They were quick and made it a nice process.

Interview Questions

• A time where you had to work with a person who you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Associate Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

Pre-Qual Phone Interview (30 min) followed by in-person interview (1 hr)

Follow up phone call received about 4-5 weeks later with results.

Interviewers were good at adapting the standard HR interview questions to apply more to the posted position. (Standard = competency/Behavorial based questions)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to quickly establish rapport with an individual or group of people. Why was/we’re the relationship(s) important? How did you maintain it/them?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you stay up-to-date with changes within an industry or area you work. What steps do you take? What do you do with the knowledge you obtain?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a situation where you collaborated with others from another team or part of the business to complete a task.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Xcel Energy in August 2017.

Interview

It was drawn out longer than necessary. Six weeks between application and interviews, another 6 weeks to getting an offer, and another 4 weeks to negotiate a counter which was clearly HR playing games.

Interview Questions

• How have you personally developed in the last several years?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

Initial phone call, then in person interview with panel of two. Asked about seven questions. Friendly interviewers, tough questions. Called back within 2 weeks of the interview with results of the interview.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call for an interview. Had the interview in one of the managers office with another person who was going to also be working on that specific project.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very straight forward STAR formal questions. Describe a time when you had to work with a project team, what was the project and what was the outcome? Describe a time when something needed immediate action and how did you respond? What was the outcome?   Answer Question