Xcel Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2018

2.9

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

1. Phone Interview - Manager called me and we discussed the job opportunity. She notified me that this was a temp contract and was I ok with it. She also went over my skills.
    2. Face to Face Interview - I met with the Manager and Sr. Recruiter.
    3. Offer - I got the offer the day after my F to F interview. Early in the morning.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the most challenging time you have had in recruiting?
      2. What's the most Requisitions you have ever handled?
      3   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy!!! I asked for $35.00 min. / They offered $36.75 (I accepted)

Associate Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

Pre-Qual Phone Interview (30 min) followed by in-person interview (1 hr)

Follow up phone call received about 4-5 weeks later with results.

Interviewers were good at adapting the standard HR interview questions to apply more to the posted position. (Standard = competency/Behavorial based questions)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to quickly establish rapport with an individual or group of people. Why was/we’re the relationship(s) important? How did you maintain it/them?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you stay up-to-date with changes within an industry or area you work. What steps do you take? What do you do with the knowledge you obtain?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a situation where you collaborated with others from another team or part of the business to complete a task.   Answer Question

Collection Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Amarillo, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Spoke with team leads and supervisor, who quizzed me on my work history and why I thought I wanted to work for them. Each team lead took a turn to question me on the different aspects of the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing when speaking to a customer   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xcel Energy in May 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I was given the interview opportunity from a employee referral. Questions were basically about your personality, such as the typical "tell us about a time" questions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I submitted my resume online. Did not include a cover letter. Two to three weeks later I got a call and email to set up an interview. The interview went very well. Getting there was simple even when I don't have a car. The interviewers asked a few typical "HR questions" to make sure I was able to perform the job functions, but aside from that they were more interested in getting to know me as a person.

Interview Questions

• There were not any tricky "tell me about a time when" questions. They were all straight-forward questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

I applied online and communicated through email to set up a phone interview. I made it to the next round, so will be having another interview. The next interview will be another phone call.

Interview Questions

• Describe analysis and give an example.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Lubbock, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online at Xcel.com for a job that read "Engineering Intern- Performance Testing Lab." I received a call from Minneapolis, MN 3 weeks later for a job in Amarillo, TX. That recruiter was from human resources. He set up a telephone interview the next day so that I could interview with a projection engineer by the name of Sean (last name withheld). He used STAR behavioral interview questions. As far as the technical side goes, he asked my level of expertise/skills on thermodynamics and fluid mechanics. He also asked if I had any health issues and if I was afraid of heights in excess of 250ft. He also stated that this job would get your hands dirty as it was in the field. After that, we had a little personal talk about what the job was actually about. He said we would be testing power plants in the northern New Mexico - Texas panhandle area for thermal efficiency and make suggestions as to what measures could be taken in order to increase their efficiency.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate your thermodynamic and fluid mechanic skills.   1 Answer
    • Since you studied abroad, what do you think is the most important thing you learned while abroad?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xcel Energy.

Interview

The questions were typically about my resume and included a lot of behavioral HR questions i.e., tell me about a situation of conflict with your boss..etc. Other questions were about my experience and skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcel Energy (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call for an interview. Had the interview in one of the managers office with another person who was going to also be working on that specific project.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xcel Energy in February 2014.

Interview

easy and the HR called me probably around 6 days later and told me I was going to the next round.The phone interview was not pretty cool and i couldnt believe i got to the second round