Zipcar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Zipcar

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zipcar.

Interview

Applied online then got a phone call a few days after. Informal chat with the HR first. Then interview with 2 managers and they were very friendly. Possibly suggest to bring your resume as when I was interviewed, they asked for a copy of my resume but I did not bring any.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this role? How would you empower teammates reporting to you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (Cambridge, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Start with pair interviews with multiple groups of folks from Engineering. There were a total of 4 pairs of engineers and the DBA. Then HR person. And finally the VP of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• Looked over resume, and briefly ask some of the achievements and description, etc   Answer Question
    • Some technical stuff for role, java or database or ruby depending on your role   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (Boston, MA) in December 2018.

Interview

Personality Screening, then On-Site. Seems that there wasn't a person on-site to assess the actually language in the job recommendation. This made for a tiresome whiteboard-esque problem on somebody else's laptop and IDE in a language they said they don't code in very much. I was asked to switch to pseudo-code when we were running low on time. It would have been nice to have had that option at the beginning of the problem. Pairing with them seemed like a nightmare, while they nitpicked object declarations as I was writing them; and their input sent me on a few false-starts. Other in-person interviews seemed to go well, but the damage was done there.

Interview Questions

• Take flat-JSON files, link ids together, and aggregate data for specific objects.   1 Answer

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (San Mateo, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Was given a phone screen and two onsite. The phone screen was over past work experience and if you would be a good culture fit with the others in the office. Startup experience is a plus since they are a small team.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was basic Fib on the whiteboard. What is the time and space complexity.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Zipcar (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter on phone, very nice a few behaviorial questions on phone interview only and she dug in about passed experience. Second interview did not consist of any behaviorial questions. General Manager did not take any notes during interview process. Asked basic "tell me about your past experience" "What did you do at these positons and why or so do you want to join Zipcar". It was clear that General Manager was not experienced interviewing and he did not ask the right questions to dig out any core competencies I may have had that would detemine if I was qualified for the job. Interviewer spent more time speaking of the future plans of Zipcar and explaining what was their major issues with operations. Perception of GM was a nice guy but he was not a thorough interviewer. Third interview was with a VP, no behaviorial questions. Both interviewers did not take notes, so I am wondering how did they collaborate to determine if my expertise, talents and experiences would benefit Zipcar. It is clear that Zipcar needs a Human Resource consultant from the outside. They will never be able to recruit great talent with their interview system. It was almost like interviewing with a neighborhood real estate agency when I was 18 years old. Very easy interview, but the interviewers seemed more focused on trying to make an assumption if you would make a good fit with their culture just by looking at you and hearing you speak and not by organized and structured behaviorial interview questions. Employees were laid back but they did not smile or say hello, they just look at you like you are crazy. Reception employees were poor, they did not smile with customers and showed frustration to a customer that was asking too many questions.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zipcar (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview, then progresses to a face to face interview with 2 senior team members. They want to assess how you will fit in with the team, what your background is, and why you think you may be a good fit to work with the company.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process is as expected. Remain professional. There were moments in the process - the interviewer appeared to forget that we were in a business meeting. The interview involved a phone screening. This is becoming a norm. I was moved along to meet with the big boss. The process took two plus weeks.

Interview Questions

• What your experience in budget management? Explain how you manage a team? At a managers level, one should be able to explain their work history effectively.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was very smooth but the communication from the hiring manager was poor. Working with the Recruiter was great, he was always open to talk and give advice. The hold up was getting anything approved. I did not get the promotion.

Interview Questions

• One the questions had me explain my digital marketing background and how I would roadmap (?) a program for a new engagement.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zipcar (New York, NY).

Interview

It was ok and normal interviewed with the Sales Manager and had to meet one other manager pretty basic. the questions were based on what do I have to offer what do I bring to the table how do i get along with others do I have a flexible schedule.

Interview Questions

• the typical questions like all other interviews. Nothing special   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zipcar (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out over email to schedule a technical phone screen. The person conducting the screen canceled last minute, so we I rescheduled through the recruiter. No one called the second time, and they didn't even bother to cancel.

Interview Questions

• Are you available at 9:30am for a technical phone screen?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zipcar (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Mostly screened for personality and light technical skill.