Zipcar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.5

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zipcar (New York, NY).

Interview

It was ok and normal interviewed with the Sales Manager and had to meet one other manager pretty basic. the questions were based on what do I have to offer what do I bring to the table how do i get along with others do I have a flexible schedule.

Interview Questions

• the typical questions like all other interviews. Nothing special   1 Answer

Technical Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zipcar in May 2017.

Interview

I got emailed by the person in charge of hiring for the team after 3 months since I applied. We had a few email exchanges over 2 weeks to schedule a phone interview. Responses were slow, but professional to say the least.

The interviewer was 20 minutes late to our phone interview. S/he sounded like they didn't want to be there at all. Was not engaged in the conversation and gave the impression s/he would rather be somewhere else.

Standard phone interview questions. Surprisingly, nothing specific or even related to the position I applied for. At the end, the interviewer gave me a take-home assignment related to the position. Average difficulty, nothing too hard. It took a few hours to complete, and I emailed them back my work the same day.

Two months have passed. The interviewer never replied back. Zero response. I gave up waiting long ago already, but at least now it's definitive there is no offer.

Completely unprofessional treatment and a giant waste of my time. They should have never reached out at all if they were just going to waste my time. Embarrassing.

Interview Questions

• Background, previous work, challenges faced, questions about the company   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Interview

They focus mostly on personality and not necessarily experience. There are some things you just cant train so they look for candidates with strong personalities and not afraid of challenge.

Interview Questions

• They had me role play a scenario talking to a prospective member   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar.

Interview

Over a period of 8 weeks the contact person would email me and say we want to schedule a phone call. I would respond with dates and times, then no response. This cycle happened 3-4 times over the course of 8 weeks.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen, phone screen with VP, In person interview with 3 separate team members

I had a phone interview with the marketing manager for Boston. After that, I had a shorter phone screen with the regional VP for the Northeast. Finally, the in-person interviews were with both Marketing Coordinators and the Marketing Manager for Boston.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zipcar (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application via a posting on LinkedIn. Was contacted within 3 days by the hiring manager who set up a phone screen. Talked through my experience and resume as well as fielded questions about the company and culture. Ultimately did not make it to the next round but the interviewer was very professional and offered to forward me resume along to other teams as well as be a point of contact for any additional jobs I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your resume and most relevant projects   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process is as expected. Remain professional. There were moments in the process - the interviewer appeared to forget that we were in a business meeting. The interview involved a phone screening. This is becoming a norm. I was moved along to meet with the big boss. The process took two plus weeks.

Interview Questions

• What your experience in budget management? Explain how you manage a team? At a managers level, one should be able to explain their work history effectively.   1 Answer

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zipcar (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, brought in for a team interview. Met with everyone I would be working with, and had a good experience. Heard back about a week and a half later with offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the platforms of creative you have worked on.   1 Answer

Training & Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter within a day of applying. The recruiter was great at giving me an understanding of the culture of the company. The onsite interview was delayed due to the teams schedule.

Interview Questions

• Cross functional team that asked a variety of behavioral questions. Appreciated the level of interest and dedication to the interview.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zipcar (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

(THIS IS A REVIEW ON THE PHONE SCREENING ALONE - I couldn't proceed further because Zipcar wan't willing to sponsor me for a work visa as an international graduate)

The recruiter scheduled a call with me once. And then again a couple of days later thinking that I'm a different person. To add to the awkwardness of the situation, during both calls she asked how to pronounce my name and made the same joke about how people probably butcher it.

The recruiter was straightforward about her lack of technical experience but because some questions still required some technical knowledge on her part, it seemed like I'm not talking to the right person.

Interview Questions

• How extensive is your experience with Adobe Creative Suit, Sketch?
      Do you know HTML, CSS?