Assistant Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assistant Engineer Interview Questions

Assistant engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was interviewed by a panel of 4 engineers. Most questions were situational questions such as tell me a situation where you took more job than you could deliver, how did you handle it? Have you ever had to back out of a commitment at work, how did you handle it. Tell us about yourself? Tell us how you learn the use of new applications? Have you ever had an issue with a co-worker, how did you handle it? What data analysis tools have you used in the past: can you used pivot tables? Have you ever had to report a co-worker to HR department. So it was all conversational and really nothing to memorize or throw one off-balance.

1 Answer

I just answered the questions honestly based on my past experiences. Gave a lot of examples of actual situations I had dealt with at work. Nothing difficult. I made a lot of eye contact and asked the panelist if I answered their questions. Also when I did not understand the question I asked that they panelist to repeat the question.

Where I like to see myself after 5-6 years.And whether I had any plans for further study.

1 Answer

Give me an example of a time when you had to exhibit patience/humility when dealing with someone.

1 Answer

Unexpected question: "Describe yourself using adjectives." Most difficult question: The famous "Why should I hire you?"

1 Answer

It was hard going each week wondering if you were going to get paid on time...

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for our company. In prior jobs what was your day to day activities, etc.

What motivates you?

1 Answer

They have some puzzles and ask you to do one.

1 Answer

Was asked to show samples of my design work.

Question based on Fraction from 11th std physics