Assistant engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Assistant engineer Interview Questions

assistant engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If the source impedance is 50ohms, and you have 2dB of mismatch between the source and load, on what region of the smith chart would the load impedance be found?

2 Answers

All the different load impedances would be on a circle of constant VSWR (related to magnitude of reflection coefficient) centered around the middle of the smith chart. The diameter of the circle determines the amount of loss. Mismatch Loss = Power delivered/Incident power = 1-|gamma|^2 10log(Pdel/Pinc) = -2dB = 10log(1-|gamma|^2) 10^-0.2 = 1-|gamma|^2 |gamma| = sqrt(1-10^-0.2)

We can determine gamma from the formula for mismatch loss. Then we can determine the Load impedance from the formula for gamma.

They did ask questions about a subject that was not part of the job or the process. I was not prepared to give an answer.

2 Answers

if car crashed into a powerline but breaker didn't trip, name a reason

2 Answers

An antenna engineer gives you a test unit, telling you that an antenna's efficiency is -2dB when measured passively. You measure it actively and find that it is actually -3dB. What could account for the difference if there is nothing wrong with the calibration of the anechoic chamber? How could you prove it? If you measure active efficiency of an antenna as being -3dB, but you see that the TIS is 5dB worse than the conducted sensitivity for a given channel, what could be causing this if there is nothing wrong with your calibrations?

2 Answers

Do you plan to get a masters degree?

1 Answer

What are some computer software skills you have? (e.g. AutoCAD, Microstation, etc.)

Discuss Team Experience, Leadership, Outcomes

1 Answer

In a previous position, was there ever a time when you convinced a higher-up that your idea or opinion was better than their own?

1 Answer

Asked me questions about my previous job experiences.

1 Answer

Can you describe what your senor project was?

110 of 225 Interview Questions