Entry Level Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Entry Level Engineer Interview Questions

"Entry level engineers are great resources for companies and provide an opportunity for young engineers to have lots of responsibility and learn new skills. Employers are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a desire to learn and work hard to do their best. During an interview, you will be asked about previous projects you've worked on and what problems you ran into, and how you learned from them."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What is an abstract class and why would you use it?

2 Answers

It's used to subclassing.

In Java, an abstract class is a class which contains abstract methods, which are methods with declarations but no implementations. The methods are implemented by sub-classes of the abstract class. This gives more flexibility to those methods making it easier to tailor them to your use.

Tell me about a decision you made that was wrong, what did you do to fix it?

1 Answer

Explain the development process of a previous project.

1 Answer

Array reverse without using iteration. Code in C.

3 Answers

Most of the questions were standard behavioral questions, or questions about projects listed on my resume. They did ask (Q1) "how much do you know about cars?". They also asked (Q2) since my graduate school projects don't directly relate to TRC, why do I want to work for them?

1 Answer

They seemed most interested in my international experience and why I decided to become a civil engineer in the first place. The interview itself was definitely more of a discussion and the folks in the room seemed to really want to get to know me and see if I would fit in within their team.

1 Answer

"So, what do you expect to be doing at Dynalloy?" (asked this about 3 or 4 times!!)

1 Answer

Say one of you projects from which you got nagative experience. And what do you learn from this nagative experience?

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

1 Answer

How do you handle stressful situations with changing tasks?

110 of 567 Interview Questions