Linux systems engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for linux systems engineer

Linux systems engineer Interview Questions

linux systems engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have a server that can pull data from the outside world, but not receive it. What do you do?

2 Answers

I'm not a networking guy so it took me a while to get this one right. Someone with more networking experience should be able to answer this in like two seconds.

Check your firewall, IP tables rules and determine the type and port the traffic is passing from, potentially something as simple as a unmet rule. Check log files for more information. It could be a Switch or router is blocking the traffic, run traceroute UDP and TCP to see where the clogged pipe is. Check the Transmission rates and the Received rates to see packet drops.

What I used for Linux auto deployment management

1 Answer

how do you find out the memory on X amount of Linux systems.

1 Answer

What was the largest project you've worked on in your current position? What's your level of experience with VMware products? How would you manage users accounts with configuration management?

1 Answer

What does chattr command do ?

1 Answer

What's the worst thing you eer broke and how did you cover it up?

1 Answer

What is your experience with sendmail?

1 Answer

"What has been your most rewarding customer service experience?"

1 Answer

Know every directive in apache and be able to explain in explicit detail how each works. Know how to explain in detail forking, there were questions about Veem. AllowOverride KeepAliveTimeout MaxSpareServers MinSpareServers Options

1 Answer

Hiring management was interested in my work background and the environment where I previously worked.

110 of 53 Interview Questions