Red Hat Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 661 of over 661 interviews

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Featured Interview

Red Hat

Application

I interviewed at Red Hat

Interview

Quick, efficient process, given current online sourcing. There were several panel interviews, both online but only one hour each. Each interview round was great. Each interviewer allowed questions and answers.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to join this company?
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Red Hat

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Red Hat

Interview

Seems like Red Hat recruiters are pro in ghosting. I have been ghosted by at least 3 recruiters. I don't know what sort of training they get in Red Hat. They think they're doing favor to you by contacting you.

Interview Questions
  • Normal introductory call. discussing about projects and stuff.
3 people found this interview helpful

Red Hat

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, google meet interview with hiring manager, and then 3 more rounds that was considered one final round interview although they all took place on separate days. The first two of the 3 finals were with 2 members of the team each, but was disorganized and seemed like no one knew what next steps were, or what exactly the role would be owning. The last round was with the head of GTA -Americas, who seemed condescending and also did not know the process or when I would hear back. Lots of behavioral, situational questions but not a lot of opportunity to talk about what I was excited about with this role, or what I thought I could bring to the table. The worst part though, is I was told I would hear within a few days of the last interview. It has been two weeks since then, and they have still not formally rejected me. I saw they reposted the job on LinkedIn a few days later, without the decency to shoot me a quick email, or even update my profile on their careers page from the "interview" status. I fear they are interviewing others and trying to wait until I am the only option to give me an offer, but I have emailed asking for an update and no one ever responded, so they also are not trying to keep me warm. Overall a sad experience because I was really excited about the opportunity and I thought I would be a great fit.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of situational questions: When is a time when you ....

Red Hat

Application

I interviewed at Red Hat

Interview

Four back to back interviews in the second round. They would like to get to know you as a person. Focuses on collaboration a lot. Make sure you can highlight your teamwork experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Red Hat

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat

Interview

I had one round with the HR and second round with the department head and then got ghosted by the HR. I cannot believe that a company like Linux operates like this.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Red Hat

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Red Hat in Sep 2021

Interview

If you ever apply for this role, make sure you are 100% prepared for a long and exhausting interview. First off, I didn't know the interview will be organized with 4 persons. That made me feel quite anxious. The interview lasted 1 hour and was very demanding. They asked a bunch of technical questions and how would you approach a real case scenario. I also noticed one of them was not quite familiar with my resume and has obviously missed some information from it. I was asked questions that are not relatable to the job's description so it made me very stressed. Furthermore, their English is not very understandable and I asked them to write down numerous questions in chat. On top of that, there was a misunderstanding with the role's location. It appears they didn't realize where I come from (which is their mistake) and I was said this role requires to be located in the Czech Republic. Again, that is not clearly shown in the job description. I just want to say that one of the HR recruiters told me I can freely apply to all roles labeled with "remote" next to their country code (e.g. CZ-Remote) regardless of my physical location. Quite disrespectful and it's obvious the team is disorganized and hasn't prepared for the interview at all. I didn't expect this from a corporation such as Red Hat.

Interview Questions
  • What is a cluster? How would you run an Ansible playbook only for specific locations or web servers? How would you troubleshoot the Apache server that is down? What does a tree command do? What does a traceroute command do? A customer doesn't see their web UI and only has 404 displayed. What would you do to help them?
1 person found this interview helpful

Red Hat

Application

I interviewed at Red Hat

Interview

Online test based on the technologies you've indicated you are proficient in, followed by a phone interview, followed by an in-person (or video conference) style interview in which you give a presentation as part of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • I do not remember the questions. Not that I see this as helpful information anyways: interview questions are not quiz questions - just know your stuff and give honest thoughtful responses

Red Hat

Application

I interviewed at Red Hat

Interview

3 rounds. Recruiter followed by 2 in person. The first round was technical and resume focused. The last round was technical questions that were around application architecture, networking, databases and compute.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Red Hat

Application

I interviewed at Red Hat

Interview

At a good level. Need a good foundation - basics to clear it. I would like to say that go for other reviews, mine maybe is not so appropriate. Work hard and stay calm.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Red Hat

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat

Interview

I had the initial phone screen. The HR team was responsive. I had seven interviews that included two interviews with the same people. I now ask upfront how many interviews do I have to go through before proceeding with the process.

Interview Questions
  • How do develop and maintain relationships with other departments?

Red Hat

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat

Interview

The interview process was quick and the questions were not too difficult. They also closed the loop when they decided to move forward with other candidates, which was appreciated. Started with a phone interview with a recruiter and then moved to a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 661 Interviews