GE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017
1,863 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

There were two interviewers, who both attended my college. The interview was strictly behavioral, which I was prepared for since I had done some background research on Glassdoor before the interview. Since I knew what questions they were going to ask me from looking on Glassdoor, none of them really threw me off and I was able to answer with ease. I received an offer about a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment on your resume are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. Interviewed by 2 men. Didn't receive any skill related questions just behavioral. Would advise to study star method to help with behavioral questions and be ready for situations you haven't experienced because they get into detail

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

There were total 4 interviews, one phone interview with recruiter, 2 onsite panel interviews, one panel interview with 2 managers and another with 2 managers and last Skype interview with another manager. All the interviewers were very polite and nice, best part was that they all were very responsive and vigilant in telling the next steps and kept me up to date on each and every step throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What is one quality you like in a manager? What is one thing you don't like in a manager?   Answer Question
    • What are your future longterm goals?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Interview had multiple rounds and the technical round was highly technical.
    Interviewers were knowledgeable and had great reviews about the company.
    This was followed by an HR interview which was quite simple.
    GE focuses a lot on culture and individual persona, so make sure you believe in their core values.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job?
      A situation where you influenced decision
      A situation where you were unable to deliver what was asked and how you handled it
      2 Answers

JOLP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I received 2 phone screenings. They were both done by current or past JOLP participants. The screenings focused on my career history and my interest in the program.

Interview Questions

• How have you overcome a problem at work in order to achieve the end goal   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The interview process was very actually non-stressful, although there was preparation on my part. The interview was very respectful. There were group interviews which I thought were very respectful also. The typical questions were asked. Thought this was a testament to the company and what they represent in how they treat there employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a weakness and strength that you have   1 Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The location is good and easy to find. You will meet the project director, engineering manager and engineering director one by one. They asked about your experiences, your skills and qualifications. They also have specific questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you structure the program   1 Answer

EID Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Two on one interview with little to no technical questions, only situational questions. The interview was around 25 minutes and at the end they gave us time to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe a time when you and your teammates had a disagreement and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

i started giving a brief background working history with other companies and discussing the type of work is offered. then i have been referred to the higher management for interview and been given three months as a time for examining my performance

Interview Questions

• what type of work did you have in the years you have employed   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions were asked. Nothing technical, but it was only for an internship and I was pretty young. It was basically just the interviewer trying to see if you would fit into their culture. They like people who show leadership potential. They also a silly "logic" question to see what my way of thinking was.

Interview Questions

• How many post offices are in the US?   1 Answer