GE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,885 Interview Reviews

2.9

Lead Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Received an email for a phone screen the day after I applied. Another 24-48 hrs and I received an email that they would like to bring me in for an onsite interview. The coordination of the onsite interview was then handed off to a different individual and I waited a week to hear back from her on dates/times. Attended my in-person interview with 3 different individuals (one at a time), was walked out and told they would be in touch. I received a call the following week stating that the HR manager would like to do a phone interview with me (final step). Had the phone interview and heard back the following work day that they would like to extend an offer to me. I countered. Had to wait another week in order to hear anything back. They countered and I accepted. I had advised I would need to give a month's notice and they asked me to start in 1.5 weeks. I pushed back and was given 2.5 weeks. HR representative responsible for coordinating onsite interview and offer was terrible at responding and dropped the ball several times. a

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions: "Tell me about a time you..."   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within 2 weeks the first time. My interviewer was kind of intimidating. Asked me normal interview questions, but also asked basic accounting questions. I tried to answer some questions to the best of my ability but they were not the right answer that he wanted. Felt like a pop quiz rather than an interview. My second interview was through a video conference and was a lot easier. Was made an offer right after getting off the phone.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

There were two interviewers, who both attended my college. The interview was strictly behavioral, which I was prepared for since I had done some background research on Glassdoor before the interview. Since I knew what questions they were going to ask me from looking on Glassdoor, none of them really threw me off and I was able to answer with ease. I received an offer about a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment on your resume are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. Interviewed by 2 men. Didn't receive any skill related questions just behavioral. Would advise to study star method to help with behavioral questions and be ready for situations you haven't experienced because they get into detail

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

There were total 4 interviews, one phone interview with recruiter, 2 onsite panel interviews, one panel interview with 2 managers and another with 2 managers and last Skype interview with another manager. All the interviewers were very polite and nice, best part was that they all were very responsive and vigilant in telling the next steps and kept me up to date on each and every step throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What is one quality you like in a manager? What is one thing you don't like in a manager?   Answer Question
    • What are your future longterm goals?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Interview had multiple rounds and the technical round was highly technical.
    Interviewers were knowledgeable and had great reviews about the company.
    This was followed by an HR interview which was quite simple.
    GE focuses a lot on culture and individual persona, so make sure you believe in their core values.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job?
      A situation where you influenced decision
      A situation where you were unable to deliver what was asked and how you handled it   2 Answers

JOLP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I received 2 phone screenings. They were both done by current or past JOLP participants. The screenings focused on my career history and my interest in the program.

Interview Questions

• How have you overcome a problem at work in order to achieve the end goal   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The interview process was very actually non-stressful, although there was preparation on my part. The interview was very respectful. There were group interviews which I thought were very respectful also. The typical questions were asked. Thought this was a testament to the company and what they represent in how they treat there employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a weakness and strength that you have   1 Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The location is good and easy to find. You will meet the project director, engineering manager and engineering director one by one. They asked about your experiences, your skills and qualifications. They also have specific questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you structure the program   1 Answer

EID Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Two on one interview with little to no technical questions, only situational questions. The interview was around 25 minutes and at the end they gave us time to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe a time when you and your teammates had a disagreement and how you solved it.   1 Answer