GE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017
1,752 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Had one 30 minute interview. Not technical, all behavior questions. Made up a hypothetical situation to test your ethical background. Need to answer the situation with common sense. On top of the situation, there were plenty of normal questions to gather the background. GE takes the road of non technical interviews and believes that they can teach the material.

Interview Questions

• An example of the hypothetical situation: your friend is doing bad work and has to lie about his results. You find out, what do you do?   3 Answers

ECLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Length interview process; multiple phone interviews and various in person interviews. Interview process is positive, though. GE is good about sharing information about the company, its culture and its objectives. The interview process is about getting to know you, and about you getting to know GE. They pursue a cultural fit between both parties.

Interview Questions

• All the standard questions, about yourself, your strengths and about overcoming the biggest hurdle - as well as 'why GE', and 'Tell us about GE.' Depending on the role, you may get some ad hoc hypothetical case study-like questions. However, no tests were given.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was done by phone. You are assessed to enter the company within a certain band, which indicates the upper side of your starting income. Within that band you have some negotiation leverage over income, and at times, over moving costs reimbursements

FMP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Once i sent in my application, it took a few weeks to hear back. Had first interview with a GE recruiter who asks a bunch of behavioral questions and experience questions, etc. Then a few weeks later I heard back from a specific GE company, GE Power who called me and asked some basic questions. Then about a week later i received my formal offer

Entry Level Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE in February 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview with hiring manager. Asked about previous experience. Asked about the residency status whether citizen or require sponsorship. It was not technical interview just a background questions. I was asked for in person technical interview. so waiting for the email.

Interview Questions

• what was your last project? How did you do it..explain   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

direct and to the point. questions about how i approached difficult issues and how those issues were resolved. plus how I handled a variety of customer focused situations. also wanted to know about personality and how it would fit within their working groups.

Interview Questions

• my experience with their consulting requirements   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY).

Interview

long interview process, first interview was with HR over the phone, second was with IT manager conducted over the phone, third was in person with 4 engineers in person,. whole process took about 4 months.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about network monitor tools and experiences.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Daytona Beach, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Online assessment followed by recorded interview. Online assessment consisted of behavioral questions, recorded interview consisted of questions related to past work/project experience. Currently awaiting response to move to the next stage which is a 1-on-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to change an existing process to meet a stakeholder's needs, what did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Strategic Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Received letter stating I was moving along in the recruiting process. Did not have an interview. But received rejection letter Christmas morning about 7:40am. . COME ON MAN!!

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

applied online, they were doing on-campus interviewing. Got an interview the following week, after that I got a final round interview at GE Greenville which consisted of 4 30-45 min interviews. 3 high level engineering professionals and the last was HR

Financial Reporting Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY).

Interview

We start with a screening phone call, then I met the Finance Manager, and I received a call again from the CFO, then we had a full day assessment with two panels meeting 4 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you for this position   1 Answer