GE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2018
2,159 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Logistics were real complicated, the Recruiter wasn't responsive and arranged everything last min.
    But the interviews were a great opportunity to meet the team. i met or had conference calls with 5 people. They were more like conversations where they described the role and assessed my fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• If you are focusing on a market come prepared with insights, key players, and how the company is playing in it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated the terms with the hiring manager... Pretty straight fwd. the written offer took a long time due to recruiter's process

Commercial Manager Interview

Interview

Well planned, if not a little slow. Quality interviewers on-site with relevant questioning. Interviewers included the typical team members as well as HR and other complementary roles. More concern about how I could leverage my talents and experience rather than focusing on specifics to the job function at hand. I considered this a positive aspect that I had not seen as much before.

Interview Questions

• In regards to how I would handle the technical side of the business where I had no previous experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Behavioural and people management skills including dealing with ambuiguity and how to challenge the norm. GE is about empowerment of employees and a great place to learn and grow

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GE in July 2015.

Interview

It was not long, but I got a great feel for my future boss. We spoke more about personality type than the actual role. I think he was more interested in whether I was a hard worker and willing to take criticism.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this role?   1 Answer

Patent Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Niskayuna, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

GE uses a classic behavioral interview approach: "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a colleage" 'Tell me about a time when you successfully overcame a challenge". "What is your greatest weakness" "Tell me about a time when.....etc.....etc". Although these types of interview questions are extremely trendy at the moment, the questions do not provide you with an adequate opportunity to showcase your unique talents, strengths, abilities, and skills. The questions, which started early in the morning and continued late into the evening, had little or nothing to do with my experience and qualifications. The process was very inefficient, tedious, and a bit degrading. Many of the interviewers were fresh out of school, had little or no technical experience, and seemed to be hostile towards the idea of hiring anyone with more experience than themselves.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any kind of a tree, what kind of a tree would you be?   1 Answer

Patent Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trevose, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Trevose, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

After an initial phone interview, I was invited onsite. That interview was one-on-one with various management and personnel, each meeting lasting about 30-45 minutes. Unfortunately, I was not sent my meeting itinerary until I had arrived in Trevose the night before, thus it was near impossible to prepare for the individuals. Although the members I met were generally friendly, it seemed like the place was run like a sweat shop. After the meeting, I spoke with a family friend who worked at the site for 2 years and he confirmed my fears about the culture. Reimbursement for the interview was a nightmare! It took about 3 months of continuos follow-up and getting the run-around. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Interview Questions

• None, the questions were straight forward and reasonable.   1 Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I had reached out to them through email. I forwarded my resume and they had setup a phone call with me. I got a call right next day at around noon. The interviewer introduction himself and started asking questions right away. He had to complete the interview in 30 minutes. So, he was straight to the point. He asked questions regarding Java codes, GC, Heap etc. Overall the interview was tough.

Planner/Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Salem, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

Very friendly panel the manager and peers in the same job title. It took approximately 1 hour and then a week later I was invited back for a plant tour. A week later I received an offer. The plant infrastructure was somewhat dated but being improved upon in obvious ways. Talked a lot about work/life balance and plant safety.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you didn't have the resources necessary to complete a project. What did you do and what were the results?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Billings, MT) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview was held in an older building as the company was building a brand new 'green' certified building, so it was semi-organized with employees actively moving the office. Professional attire.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Explain a difficult customer service experience. Describe office experience. Describe computer experience. Describe computer software experience. Were you ever a team lead? How do you foster teamwork? Do you know the mission, vision, and values of the company?   Answer Question

Associate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with three people, both technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that you didn't like about your previous employer.   Answer Question