Senior software developer interview questions shared by candidates
What would you do if senior management demanded delivery of software in an impossible deadline?
Give them the choice of reduced scope, more resources, or changed dates. They can only pick 2.
It is possible to keep scope, resources & timeline (dates) unchanged, but compromise on quality. This will impact team retention, especially the stronger engineers on the team, over the longer run. The leadership team must understand the consequences.
The feasibility which could lead to happen this type of situations is due to critical business needs. It means senior management would be actively involved and here agile framework will come into play. Delivering the workable product and then further developing the solution would be the best possible shot for win win situation.
Another was a puzzle: A king orders 100 bottles of wine for a celebration. A courtier who's angry with the king over something puts poison in one of those bottles. The king has a way of identifying the poisoned bottle by giving a few drops of wine to a monkey. Since the poison is fast acting, the monkey will die immediately. Whats the minimum number of monkeys needed to find the poisoned bottle?
See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs
- Software Development Manager
- Senior Software Engineer
- Senior Manager
- Software Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Software Development Manager III
- Technical Program Manager
- Senior Software Development Engineer
- Senior Product Manager
- Principal Software Engineer
- Senior Manager, Software Development
- Product Manager
- Senior Technical Program Manager
- Software Engineering Manager
- Software Development Engineer
- Software Development Engineer III
- Software Development Engineer II
- Vice President