Sam's Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2018

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Huntsville, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

You will automatically have an interview with both a manager and team lead. Both will ask you about the same amount and same topic questions. Which is mainly situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to step up to take leadership role in a group setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with assistant manager, charter associate, manager in training and finally HR rep who presented me with offer.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral interview, tell me a time when you encountered a major problem at work with a co-worker, what happened and what was the end resolution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. Based on qualifying experiences. 20 years of experience started me off at level 5

Anonymous Employee in Streamwood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Streamwood, IL).

Interview

The interviews are really straight forward. "Tell me about a time you blah blah blah" type open-ended questions. No cover letter needed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected here. Like I said, very straight forward. If you speak English, and you are not a total idiot you will get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is a strict. structured, retail corporation so there is no negotiation. Your pay will vary though dependent on your experience. So lie if you have to about the years of experience. I doubt they will ever check.

Connection Center Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2011.

Interview

There were two different one on one interviews before I was given my offer. First with the supervisor of the department, then the manager of Hardlines. They were both standard fare, asking me how I would deal with situations expressed in typical interviews such as dealing with an irate customer.

Anonymous Employee in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Goldsboro, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Started as cashier, the easiest way for people to get hired into Sam's Club, then moved into my current position with cell phones. Was called to set up an interview, interview with 3 supervisors: Member Services manager, COS (check out supervisor), and the Marketing Manager. It was a short interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes, if that. Just asking about basic work experience, if I would be fine with the requirements of the job, and if I had any experience selling (part of jobs at Sam's Club is to sell their credit card and Plus membership upgrades). They asked me to role play in a scenario and sell them something (anything). It was a pretty informal interview off of a list of questions (still dress nice though, I did). They sent me to HR to get a drug test form, which I then went and did afterwards and they said that I would hear within about a week. I didn't hear anything back, so I called HR and she said that I had definitely gotten the job and they were waiting to contact me to make my final offer and set up orientation til they hired a few more people with me and they would contact me within about one more week to set that up (and they did).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offer you a price based on your years of experience -- hourly wages are based on 7 tiers. You get about an extra $.25 for each year of experience you have. After that, the only way to get a pay raise is by moving into a higher paying position, and you get an annual raise anywhere between about $.25-.60 based on your department manager's recommendation. They will ALWAYS notify you when you get pay change.

Anonymous Employee in South Point, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (South Point, OH).

Interview

Very brief. 5-8 questions with a team leader then member of management. Team leader will judge you then pass you on to a member of management. If management passes you you are then sent to hr to get required forms to take for drug test which you then complete within 24 hrs.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a heavy workload. Were you able to complete all those tasks? Is there anything you wouldbe done differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

First interview is essentially the phone call to set up the real first interview. The assistant manager conducts the first interview then the other assistant store manager and the manager over the department you are being hired into conduct the second and last interview and then if you are hired they tell you how much you will be payed and send you off for your drug test.

Interview Questions

• "Are you sensitive" ( i dont see what the point of this was other than the fact that his humor is abrasive"   1 Answer

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Tulsa, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

my interviewer was in a rush and didnt ask me many questions. after she talked to me she sent me to the hr and i didnt see her again for the rest of the interview.

Interview Questions

• what was one thing you did at walmart that your supervisors may have dissaproved of?   1 Answer

People Greeter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Louisville, KY) in December 2014.

Interview

They called about a week or two after I submitted my online application and set up interview with me then if you get the job back you get called back for a drug test and background check information

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to identify a situation was gonna get out of hand before it happened   Answer Question

People Greeter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Renton, WA).

Interview

I had 2 separate interviews on different days than I interviewed with 3 more different people before I got the job. You get the run around before you even get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It started at minimum wage.