Sam's Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2018

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Very quick yet efficient. They asked questions about myself and got to know me as a person rather than an employee. They treated me with respect and listened to what I had to say

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I has to wait a few minutes because the interviewer was checking out customers but I know retail so sometimes that happens. I waited in the cafeteria for about minutes and of course as each minute goes by you get more and more nervous. Finally, Angie came up and she was very comfortable to talk to. The store was very laid back and casual. It looked like a new Sams Club, it was pretty nice and clean. The employees didn't look stressed out or frazzled like in my previous job so that was a plus in my book. It only took about five minutes once we got started and it was actually very easy to answer the questions. She asked me questions that could and would happen to you working in retail.

Interview Questions

• If you had a customer that had previously ordered something but the order came in all wrong, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about 3 weeks later to come in for an interview with the department leader. A second interview with associate manager is the next day.

Member Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Peres, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Des Peres, MO).

Interview

Was a bit chaotic, however I was hired during the holiday season. The interview was very quick. Did not really ask me what I had to offer Sam's , they concentrated more on my availability.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability? What are your strongest skills? How soon can you start?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online, followed up a week later by phone and got an interview 2 days later. It was very straightforward. Manager had me confirm SSN, name, birthdate and address then briefly described the position and what the company is about. Confirmed my availability then asked 2 basic questions. Was told I'd hear back soon if given a second interview (they said they do constant interviews). Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you, what would you bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • What are some facts about you, or what do you like to do?   Answer Question

Cafe Associate Interview

Interview

ask basics questions, what do you expect to get out of this? why are you working here? do you like to get paid less than it cost to live? Do you like the fact that the owners of the company make profits each quarter, while you as a working employee work pay check to paycheck? but that is what capitalism is all about

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   3 Answers

Member Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Peres, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Des Peres, MO) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online at Sams Club’s website at 7pm and received a call at 9pm. I accepted the interview for Monday. Drove two hours to the store without even being told what position it was for. Arrived and the interview was more of a conversation that a judge of my skills and achievements. He kept alluding to the fact the opportunity to be promoted to an ASM was there within a year if I wanted it.

He told me that although most of their employees were part time they would make an exception and hire me full time. I asked about benefits and he answered most of my questions. Told me to go home and fill out my work history because that would determine my pay.

I got a call about a week later and received an offer of $13.50/hr which was way below the other offers I was entertaining. He told me I needed to come in and do paperwork and never gave me a chance to even accept or decline the offer. I cut him off and explained why I couldn’t accept and that I hoped we could work together at some point in the future. He proceeded to just say “Okay thanks Okay Bye.”

In summary: It gave me the general impression they were looking more so for a warm body than genuine leadership. Sam’s did not seem to me like a company that valued their employees accomplishments. I ended up accepted a job offer at a more family oriented company.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Sam’s Club?   1 Answer
    • When is the soonest you can start?   1 Answer
    • Have you ready started looking at housing in this area?   1 Answer

Asst Manager Interview

Interview

5 questions by a general manager and was very basic and easy , then went to a district manager who asked basically the exact same questions . They did not go over the exact job yet made you read a job discription

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Member Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hedgesville, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Hedgesville, WV) in February 2018.

Interview

As soon as I came in I went straight to the interview, she was very inquisitive and paid attention to my previous employments and experience. They’re very honest with what they expect from you and always explained why they were doing when they were doing it during the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to put member service above other objective to complete. How did you stack your tasks?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The interview was done by immediate supervisors and was over extremely quick. Next interview was longer and with the human resource department. Quick job offer and the drug test and wait for results and start date.