Applications developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for applications developer

Applications developer Interview Questions

1,468

applications developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What reporting tools have you used? Actuate, Brio, Crystal Reports? How much experience have you had in scheduling jobs on Unix? Can you write XML and implement it?

1 Answer

The interviewer was interested in breath of experience rather than specific technical skill. Unix work with scheduling and XML skills are necessary, but not heavy (the same procedures are done over and over again). Emphasis was on selling yourself through experience.

1. Take an integer input and output the number of 1's in it's binary representation. 2. Implement a mergesort. 3. Explain your level of understanding of data structures (trees, etc.) 4. What makes java different than other languages?

9 Answers

We have a pond containing a single bacterium. The number of bacteria double every 5 minutes, and the pond is full of them in 24 hours. If we started with the same pond but two bacteria, how long will it take to fill the pond?

4 Answers

There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. 9 of the stacks contain coins that weigh 1g each. The other stack contains coins of 2g each. The coins look the same. We have a scale that we can get a measurement of grams from, not a balance. We can use the scale exactly once to weigh anything here from a single coin to all of them. How can we determine which stack is the 2g coins?

4 Answers

Given a single-line text string and a maximum width value, write the function 'string justify(string text, int maxWidth)' that formats the input text using full-justification, i.e., extra spaces on each line are equally distributed between the words; the first word on each line is flushed left and the last word on each line is flushed right.

3 Answers

Know how hashing works

2 Answers

String manipulation in a language that was described by the test

2 Answers

He told me that he completely understands that not everyone knows everything, and that many people don't have all of the experience or skills needed for a specific job. Then he asked me "what would you do if you needed to know something in order to complete you job that you didn't already know?"

2 Answers

We have strings of format A_ _ _ _ _ _ _, an A followed by 6 spaces that can be a number 0-9. We also have regular expressions with the operations "or" and "*" defined as follows:. The easiest way to illustrate this is to give an example. "A000001 or A000000" has size 2 because it matches two strings. "*" represents a wild card, so A00000* has size 10 because it matches 10 different strings, (A000000 - A000009). "A0* or A1*" has size 20,000 because it matches 20,000 different strings. The question was this: Write a function that takes in a number N and outputs a regular expression that matches exactly N strings of format A _ _ _ _ _ _.

2 Answers

Given a singularly linked list how would you find the middle value in one iteration, regardless if there are an even or odd amount of items in the list?

110 of 1,468 Interview Questions