Applications developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applications developer Interview Questions

1,577

applications developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What reporting tools have you used? Actuate, Brio, Crystal Reports? How much experience have you had in scheduling jobs on Unix? Can you write XML and implement it?

1 Answer

The interviewer was interested in breath of experience rather than specific technical skill. Unix work with scheduling and XML skills are necessary, but not heavy (the same procedures are done over and over again). Emphasis was on selling yourself through experience.

1. Take an integer input and output the number of 1's in it's binary representation. 2. Implement a mergesort. 3. Explain your level of understanding of data structures (trees, etc.) 4. What makes java different than other languages?

9 Answers

We have a pond containing a single bacterium. The number of bacteria double every 5 minutes, and the pond is full of them in 24 hours. If we started with the same pond but two bacteria, how long will it take to fill the pond?

4 Answers

There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. 9 of the stacks contain coins that weigh 1g each. The other stack contains coins of 2g each. The coins look the same. We have a scale that we can get a measurement of grams from, not a balance. We can use the scale exactly once to weigh anything here from a single coin to all of them. How can we determine which stack is the 2g coins?

4 Answers

Given a single-line text string and a maximum width value, write the function 'string justify(string text, int maxWidth)' that formats the input text using full-justification, i.e., extra spaces on each line are equally distributed between the words; the first word on each line is flushed left and the last word on each line is flushed right.

3 Answers

What does HTML stand for?

3 Answers

Know how hashing works

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Onsite - 1. You have a computer with seven core cpu, you have a file and you have to read each line of the file, check if it has the word UPS in it, if so , then write it to a file, if there is no word as UPS in it, write that line to a different file. 2. An amount will be given as input. The amount will have some cents in change. So, for example $29.90. For the change, you have to start using the highest denomination and go to the lowest until the change value is completely met.

2 Answers

String manipulation in a language that was described by the test

2 Answers

Given a singularly linked list how would you find the middle value in one iteration, regardless if there are an even or odd amount of items in the list?

110 of 1,577 Interview Questions