Software Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Architect

Software Architect Interview Questions

"As a software architect, you will be making high level decisions about the design and implementation of a company's software. During the interview process, expect to be tested on your knowledge of software tools and languages and their uses and limitations, as well as your ability to lead software engineers to help you accomplish your vision. A bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related field is expected."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you approach situations where multiple influential employees have different (and possibly hidden) agendas.

1 Answer

Attempt to understand each person's concerns to arrive at a conjectural solution, but ensure that every party is aware of other concerns in order to find a broader solution that mitigates internal issues while solving the problem assigned.

What are some ways to successfully roll out changes to multiple applications/services in an ecosystem where high volumn is expected and minimize or eliminate errors.

1 Answer

Tell me when you should communicate via e-mail vs. in-person communication.

1 Answer

How does a garbage collection system work? How will you prevent an object from being garbage collected? Write N-ary tree traversal code to search a node given a String key. How many JVM instances does a tomcat server have? How would it handle multiple applications with different versions of same api (for instance log4j)? Explain wait and notify. Explain Generics. What is the difference between a static class and a singleton class? Why do you want to work for Netflix?

2 Answers

Why should I hire you?

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now and questions on integrity and loyalty to the company.

1 Answer

I found most of the questions in the technical review difficult. This was not because they were overly challenging.

1 Answer

I was asked to implement a linked list, originally in an actual language, but my solution became pseudo code as it's been a while since I actually implemented a linked list.

Tell me about your experiences with Java Development