Software Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Architect Interview Questions

"As a software architect, you will be making high level decisions about the design and implementation of a company's software. During the interview process, expect to be tested on your knowledge of software tools and languages and their uses and limitations, as well as your ability to lead software engineers to help you accomplish your vision. A bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related field is expected."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you approach situations where multiple influential employees have different (and possibly hidden) agendas.

1 Answer

Attempt to understand each person's concerns to arrive at a conjectural solution, but ensure that every party is aware of other concerns in order to find a broader solution that mitigates internal issues while solving the problem assigned.

Tell me when you should communicate via e-mail vs. in-person communication.

1 Answer

What are some ways to successfully roll out changes to multiple applications/services in an ecosystem where high volumn is expected and minimize or eliminate errors.

1 Answer

How does a garbage collection system work? How will you prevent an object from being garbage collected? Write N-ary tree traversal code to search a node given a String key. How many JVM instances does a tomcat server have? How would it handle multiple applications with different versions of same api (for instance log4j)? Explain wait and notify. Explain Generics. What is the difference between a static class and a singleton class? Why do you want to work for Netflix?

2 Answers

Tell me about your experiences with Java Development

1 Answer

Regarding all my technical skills, required skills, etc.

1 Answer

Regarding my career objectives, professional advancement and financial expectations.

1 Answer

explain and describe where you have applied thread synchronization and the reason

Abstract class vs. Inheritance

1 Answer

Mapping objects/class composition/aggregation/inheritance to table (in all fairness - after mentioning I was rusty on joins, it served as an invitation for further questions on this topic)

110 of 130 Interview Questions