Senior Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Web Developer Interview Questions

Senior web developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you troubleshoot slow loading web pages and poorly performing stored procedures?

2 Answers

This is a very good question to ask anyone who is interested in web development. it gets them thinking and start working on problem solving.

Obviously, it is an easy answer though. First you want to check the network connection. If that seems to be working fine with other websites, check the code of the website. If the code is too cluttered then it will have problems loading. Make sure to organize the HTML so you can easily find clutter or useless text. Next, use a website validator - http://validator.w3.org/ . This website helps you find any errors on your page that may be causing a slow down. Hope this helps any, I use this for any problem I have.

Google Maps allows you to zoom in and out of satellite maps, with terabytes of data accessible via a very fast interface. How would you go about implementing this functionality?

1 Answer

The person just asked me about my project I am doining now. and how i am familar with Abobe CQ5.

1 Answer

There were more behavioral-type questions than technical questions. The technical lead did inquire how I would approach a technical problem if I was stuck.

1 Answer

They asked me to write a function to print out the Fibonacci sequence. A mathematical equation no one ever needs in real life.

1 Answer

What is your work experience?

1 Answer

There were several open-ended questions, and several platform-specific questions to make sure I had experience where I said I did. There was also a fair amount of coding on a whiteboard.

1 Answer

Lots of obscure javascript questions that seemed to be pulled from a "top 10 javascript quirks" blog post, for example; "1" + 1 = ? Second part was to put 4 DIVs next to each other and create a setInterval that cycles them, moving the last item to the front every 5 seconds. Was interrupted 2 minutes into it to remind me that she had somewhere to be in 40 minutes (as if I was going to take more than 40 minutes?)

1 Answer

Write a singleton method and explain why you would use one.

1 Answer

I can't be really specific, but many low-level questions asked about the programming language to be used in daily work (PHP)

110 of 131 Interview Questions