Software Release Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Release Engineer Interview Questions

Software release engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Write a program in any language to display columns from a text file and sort on one of the columns.

1 Answer

/* * readFileSortColumn.cc * * Created on: Jun 28, 2014 * Author: Tom Tong */ #include #include #include #include #include #include #include using namespace std; int g_column = 0; int getStrs(string& str, vector &values) { // clear out values values.erase(values.begin(), values.end()); // allocate and copy working c-string for use with strtok(). char *p, *cptr; int len = str.length(); cptr = new char[len+1]; strcpy(cptr, str.c_str()); cptr[len] = 0; // NULL terminate // start tokenizing p = strtok(cptr, ", "); while(p) { values.push_back(string(p)); p = strtok(NULL, ", "); } // free up temp memory delete[] cptr; return values.size(); } int compareCol(const void* a, const void* b) { vector& l = **(vector**)a; vector& r = **(vector**)b; const char* lc = l[g_column].c_str(); const char* rc = r[g_column].c_str(); cout " values; vector > rows; int wordCountPerRow = 0; while (getline(fstr, str)) { cout ** array = new vector*[rowCount]; for(int i = 0; i *), compareCol); // now display the sorted rows of data for(int i = 0; i & v = *array[i]; for(unsigned int j = 0; j < v.size();j++) cout << v[j] << " "; cout << endl; } delete[] array; return 1; }

Describe the software release process and any automation that you did to improve productivity.

If there is a WinDifff tool which generates output from changelists of two versions as following files were Identical files , deleted files , added files from Version A to version B what is the logic behind it?

How can you write a program to copy only files recursively in a folder?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for this company?

1 Answer

I would say the most difficult question would have been going through my normal workweek and explaining the day-to-day responsibilities, tasks, and business partner interactions. I had to make sure I did a thorough analysis of my prior duties.

Please whiteboard a Luhn algorithm with the following criteria...This was a dumb interview question that did nothing to prove the viability of the candidate.

17 of 7 Interview Questions