Sql database developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sql database developer Interview Questions

sql database developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

We have data that gets loaded once a week. With that in mind we have an application that clients enter search data in to and then SQL has to dynamically build a statement that has 25 different data points/relationships. It works fine, but takes upwards of 30 seconds to return the data to the client. You can not change the existing schema, but you can however add to it. Indexes are already present and optimized on all the different tables. What could you do to make this process much faster??

2 Answers

Without being able to restructure the existing schema your only choice is to de-normalize the data. When the data gets loaded on that weekly schedule, also build a flat table so there are no relationships being built.

Create a denormalized view with indexes on it for most frequently asked questions and read directly from that!

What is the ascii code for line feed?

1 Answer

The Offer I kick myself now for not using glass door to find out abut this company first.

1 Answer

Standard interview and technical questions.

1 Answer

what's the database instance?

1 Answer

Lots of questions about Microsoft Best Practices. Best to study beforehand as they expect you to have the answers memorized.

I provided example questions in the body of my review/interview experience

How do you tune your queries? How do you troubleshoot SSRS performance issues? Tell me the HA/DR planning options you've done so far? Questions related to query optimization, SQL server perfomance enhancements, data modelling/design, Report design and development, implementation of security features...etc

Mostly technical questions like database fundamentals and MS SQL Server specific ones.

110 of 13 Interview Questions