Database Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Database Engineer Interview Questions

Database engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Paraphrase: Since your perspective employees will have more knowledge in the given area than you will, how will you gain credibility with them?

1 Answer

This question took me by surprise and I'm not easily surprised. I have been in IT for almost 2 decades and I have never had a problem getting people to respect me. The answer that was expected was that I should stay with them at all hours while working through problems. Unfortunately, I followed along with the expected answer, but was disappointed with my response afterwards. You gain credibility with your employees by treating them honestly and directly and by putting them in the best position to succeed, not by diving in the trenches with them.

What are disadvantages of partitioning?

1 Answer

You mean you don't have any OLAP experience, at all???

1 Answer

No difficult questions. They read from a checklist.

1 Answer

What do you like best about yourself?

1 Answer

Which has the largest ears? A Ferringi, a Gungan, or a Wookie?

1 Answer

I wasn't asked a difficult question but I wasn't much prepared with set operation based queries. So I had tough time answering them.

1 Answer

explain deadlocks with a scenario? Also read basic oops concepts like polymorphism etc.

1 Answer

How would you model html tag relationships in a database

1 Answer

tell about RAID. Read every possible thing you find on wikipedia for RAID and stripping. Interviewer was quite sentimental and sensitive on this topic. :-p. so read it well.

110 of 68 Interview Questions