Trading Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trading Associate Interview Questions

Trading associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

A king has 1000 bottles of water, exactly one of which is poisoned. Servants die the day after consuming the poison. The king holds a party and has his servants drink the bottles. The next morning, the king finds out which servants are dead. What is the minimum number of servants that the king needs at the party to determine which bottle is poisoned?

4 Answers

The king needs 10 servants. Label the bottles in binary: 0000000000, 0000000001, 0000000010, 0000000011, ... The 1st servant drinks all bottles where the 1st digit is 1, not 0. The 2nd servant drinks all bottles where the 2nd digit is 1, not 0. The 3rd servants drinks all bottles where the 3rd digit is 1, not 0. The rest of the servants drink similarly. After finding out which servants are dead, the king can match the unique binary number to determine which bottle is poisoned.

You need 6 servants.

Since the king has to wait to the next morning to know, it will require 999 servants.

Five guys, all of different ages enter a bar and take a seat at a round table. What is the probability that they are seated in ascending order of age? (clockwise or counter-clockwise)

3 Answers

A fair die is rolled, you will be given the amount in dollars, equals to the number that shows up on the die. Up to how much dollars you will pay for playing once?

2 Answers

where do you see yourself in 5 years

1 Answer

Why Morgan Stanley? What motivates you? Who is the CEO?

1 Answer

He asked me what was one thing I'd change about each of the following: the world, my community, my neighborhood, and my family. But I don't think my answer really mattered one way or another.

1 Answer

The test was unexpected becuase I used calculators throughout college.

1 Answer

what animal would you be?

1 Answer

General interview questions, nothing difficult or unexpected.

1 Answer

That would be cheating to tell you. I think that you should not try to cheat and find out what the interview was like. It is akin to people today who cheat on SAT tests. For other types of interviews where personality and fit is the most important thing, it is okay to find out. But since this is an IQ based interview, you would only be cheating yourself and the way the world should reward talent and smarts.

3 Answers