John Deere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

Expect to be grilled on the STAR method. Interviewer will interrupt you multiple times and tell you things like "you aren't answering my question correctly" and "don't tell me about that, tell me about this instead" to try to throw you off and frustrate you.

I also found them to be very accommodating and unresponsive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you wanted to improve on a new skillset and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Human Resource Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely well constructed, smooth, and efficient. The human resource representatives provided all of us with the best hospitality possible. Everyone was welcoming and explain the position in much detail. The process was very efficient and there was no wasted time. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience, and I am happy that I was given this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What aspects do you like most of your previous company's culture?   Answer Question

Interview

Fairly straight forward interview. Not many technical questions. More about personal experience than anything. Be prepared with past experience and the ability to discuss what you've accomplished. Having previous work experience will really help so try and get an internship any where you can.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Interview

The interviewer was disorganized, uninterested, and all over the place with their questions, even asking the same questions except worded differently. The interviewer even admitted to this, but I still think it is unfair to the candidate.

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I applied online through my university's career site and talked to a recruiter during the career fair. The interview was on-campus with one of the recruiters who visited my campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a project you worked on didn't meet the specified output.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with some representatives from John Deere at my University's engineering career fair. Asked to participate in an interview the following day and their second round interviews a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time were you were a part of a time and conflict within the team arose. How did you advance towards the team's goals despite this conflict   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Ankeny, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

First they were late by at least 15 minutes, wish I just left, or at least I should have left, then for some reason I was interviewed by three different people, it took kind of long. All to answer very generic questions that I have heard in other interviews. The first problem here is when you are being interviewed with other people, never seen that ever. Basically the interview convinced me that I most likely did not want to work there. Problem here is that I did not really learn anything about John Deere, no real exchange of information, like they really have something up their sleeve, and just seeing if I am dumb enough to just go along. Sometimes I wonder why I have consistently done these interviews, only to think later that I was just wasting my time. I am serious, this was not really an interview. The questions they ask demand a lot of time, but well I know I do not have a lot of time, so it is kind of like being trolled. The whole thing is automated, I am sure I would have loved to ask why 700 people essentially quit instead of coming back. But before that I remember taking test were they had you look at a screen with a bunch of random images and have you recall it immediately... It is a real no sequitor. I would have declined their offer given the chance, too many red flags.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time.... You were blamed for something.   1 Answer

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horicon, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere (Horicon, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

The first thing they had me do was come in for the SAM test. I ended up picking a date that the computer lab was actually closed and someone from HR contacted me scheduled me for a different date. They set up a little area for me to take the test since I was the only one brought in that day. The test was pretty simple in my opinion. If you read thoroughly you should be just fine. I was given an interview that same day after passing the test. Questions were pretty basic and they gave me feedback as well, which was nice so I knew how I could improve some things. That same day they sent me to Health Services for the physical and hair drug test. Pretty basic physical. After I was cleared by medical I was emailed an offer almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used personal protective equipment (PPE) in the workplace?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Phone Interview with hiring manager followed by on-site interview. On site interview consisted of two separate (1-hour) long interviews. Both interviews were 1:2 (myself:2 managers). STAR style questions, very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you specifically helped a team with a task, what was your specific role within the team?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter to have an online interview with a hiring manager and an environmental engineer through Skype. Set up a time and had the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed and how you overcame it.   Answer Question