Jane Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.7

Trading Desk Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted my resume via the school's job board, then I received a online quiz which consists of excel questions. After that, I had a phone interview where the interviewer asked math questions and asked me not to use pen, paper and calculator.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Four rounds, three on the phone one in person, got to the second round, all tech questions. Everything is probability or game theory, nothing that requires serious previous knowledge but must have strong intuitions for these and be able to explain thought process well.

Trading Interview

Interview

Initially talked with HR. first round consisted of simple math brainteasers and probability questions, most were pretty simple (3 questions total). second round consisted of more difficult math questions (contest style). Also 3 problems .

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Lot of probability questions and quantitative concept checks. Got to second round phone screen, but messed up on questions that were not too diff. Would recommend this company, make sure to have a decent handle on probability and expectation beforehand though

Interview Questions

• Probability questions regarding expected values and permutations   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

two rounds of excel and vba quizzes, then i went in for an in person interview, then met with two groups of two people from the operations and development team. they each asked me to solve a puzzle/logic questions and asked if i had any questions.

Interview Questions

• they described their trading process to me and asked me to map it out   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Emailed an excel assessment and a case study about applying regulation snippets for haircuts. (You don't need any background research for this). Please notice virtually ALL their interviews on glassdoor have "no offer". I think this is a small company that sends out these assessments with no real jobs available. I spend 2-3 hours on their tests when i was pressed for time and in retrospect that wasn't worth it. (I'm an expert in excel and am 100% confident i got everything right - and still no offer).

Interview Questions

• Applying haircuts, using sumifs, countifs, and sumproducts formulas.   Answer Question

Trading Desk Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview only lasts 15 minutes. The HR introduces the role and then jump right into three mental math questions. The questions are pretty easy. I spent about 10 minutes on that.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

All math / probability based questions. It was enjoyable but difficult for somebody with my background. That being said, I did not pass the first round, so it wasn't that great after all.

Finance & Margin Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The first step involves completing a number of Excel-based problems. The questions are straightforward and should be fairly easy to answer. The next step involves a phone interview in which one will be asked a few quantitative reasoning questions. While, in retrospect, these questions are not extremely difficult, I would recommend reading through Glassdoor to prepare for these questions as the interviewer will request that you answer them without writing any calculations/notes/etc. down.

Interview Questions

• What are the angles of the arms of a clock at ____ o'clock?   Answer Question

Trading Desk Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

They started by sending me a list of tasks to complete by excel. They gave me a few days and were very nice throughout the entire process. However, after submitting my results I was not called for another interview