UBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017
1,466 Interview Reviews

2.9

Corporate Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

A video interview based on Sonru. After passed the numerical and personality test, I received email from UBS. There were 10 questions, each took 1 minute to prepare and 2 minuted to record.

Ediscovery Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

The position was located overseas. I had 3 rounds of interviews with interviewers located in Hong Kong, Zurich, and London -- and they were all by phone. I wish they offered video conferencing so as to be more engaging. Surprised that they didn't offer this when most companies do for remote interviews, especially going into the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

The last interviewer who called from their London office used an interrogation style of interivew, seeming to disbelieve my accomplishments and asking why and how I managed to accomplish what I described on my resume -- from jobs that I held as far back as 10 to 15 years ago. He had an air of disbelief and almost assumed that I was hiding something or exaggerating -- seemed inapproriate to put an interviewee as much on the defensive as he did. The first and second round interviewers were much more professional.

Interview Questions

• How did you accomplish xyz? (Referring to a *part of a phrase* I wrote in line 4 on page 2 of your resume, in my 5th job out of law school, some 7 years ago.)   Answer Question
    • Why should I believe you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Pretty easy process. Behavioral questions mostly about your resume and background. The guy interviewing was really nice and easy to talk to. Overall, a great experience. I would answer in STAR format if I went back in time. A lot of questions on times you were a leader, took initiative, were a team player, etc.

Corporate Client Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I submitted online application. After about two days, they asked me to do an online test. After the online test, I got a link from UBS to get to the video interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Face to face interview.

Interviewer introduced the company, team, and role

Asked questions regarding experience, motivation, expectation, and some scenario based questions. Asked for details about the role related responsibilities.

Q&A session

The interview was around one hour.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I applied through portal in Pune 2017. The hiring process started with an online test 2 days before the drive. After clearing the test, i was called at the Pune office for next rounds.
    I was given a slot of 12 30 but all rounds were completed by 7 pm in evening.
    Lot many people from different domains were called on same day.

There were only 2 rounds of technical interviews L1 and L2.
    L1 was good and the interviewer ask me questions on the resume, banking domain, automation testing.He was looking at the confidence and spirit.

L2 was with the director of company. He asked questions on Why UBS, and some more behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• If your current company provides you onsite will you still join UBS?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

applied online and completed the online assessment. Received an email for a pre-recorded video interview; the process took 40 minutes. Did not ask any technical or fit questions. Asked my opinion on the economy and investment banking

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and passed the test. Then I received the invitation to a 30-minute Video interview.
    There are multiple questions about describing yourself and some scenario cases analysis questions.
    Questions in the interview are quite designated.

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through a referral system set up by my boot camp. Once I applied, it was about a month before I heard from them. UBS is an extremely large company, so this wasn't surprising. I was called by an HR employee who set up my interview. I interviewed with two senior developers, and it was an extremely technical interview. About 5 minutes of get-to-know-you questions, and then about 55 minutes of whiteboarding and answering basic questions about Java.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for Summer Technology Analyst in Hong Kong. After submitting an online application, I tested an online assessment which consists of UBS Cultural Appraiser and a numerical reasoning test and I failed it. UBS cultural appraiser is about choosing most and least effective answer among 3 choices in given working situation. There were 15 questions. A numerical reasoning test is about interpreting graphs and tables.
    I think I missed one or no question in the numerical reasoning test. So I guess I failed because of the cultural appraiser or visa status.

Interview Questions

• (In UBS cultural appraiser test) If a client emailed you that he received smaller dividend than what he should have received and he is upset, what would you do?   Answer Question