UBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,648 Interview Reviews

2.9

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I was an intern first. I spent 6 months being an intern. After my internship was over, I was given a contractual position. The interview was essentially my time as an intern. I had to have my work portfolio put together for them to see if it was worth giving me the contract position. I had a group interview with everyone in my department the weeks before my internship was over.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Stamford, CT) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with current Associate. One general brain teaser which was not very difficult. Spoke mostly about past experiences that would make me suited for the position. Interviewer spent a great deal of time on his recruitment process, his day to day responsibilities, and the status of the group. Felt more like a conversation, than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why did you choose to study Finance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round: Basic.
    Second Round: Meet with three different high-level UBS employees separately for thirty minutes each. Discuss undergraduate summer internship experience. It's important to be interested in learning different roles (3 mos rotation Associate program) throughout the Company rather than saying "I want to be an IB Analyst"

Interview Questions

• Easy basic interview questions. Why would you be a good candidate for the program?   Answer Question

The salary was too low relative to other offers.
    $46,500 base plus option for $10,000 bonus at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First round, some behavior and technical question as well. Interviewed with two bankers, process of which was good actually with around 20 minutes total time. Bud I didn't get invitation to the super day

Interview Questions

• Walk through DCF and other accounting,valuation based questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interview with VP and Associate and MD; depend on group, mix of technicals and behaviors, most important thing is to be likeable; and technical are not that hard

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

local interviews based on experience. general what would you do if questions

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had a conflict with your manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy, could not met income requirments

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in July 2007.

Interview

Took to long to hear back - HR issue.

Negotiation

I let them know how much I wanted to be paid. They told me to have faith in UBS' bonus program. Need I say more after the financial industry collapse?

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Long hiring process - took over 3 months for a decision

Interview Questions

• no unusual interview questions - although has to interview with 5+ people in a group type interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR contacted me to see if salary level was ok

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Interview

HR was incredibly professional. When UBS is ready to hire, they will interview immediately and expect and answer immediately. The whole process was less than a week, but I know for others it can take months...until they need head count in the hiring area, then it is important to be in the right place.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what we do here? (The answer is hardly ever yes, but show that you did some homework)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted what was offered which was what I requested in my application.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HR over the phone first. An in-person interview with the hiring mgr and two more people followed shortly. One more on-site interview with the Managing Director. Another phone interview with the Executive Director overseas. Very friendly overall. Nothing technical, more of a "personality fit" process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary offer was exactly what I asked for, so there was no point in negotiating.