UBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017
1,309 Interview Reviews

2.9

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I got a message from a senior person who is in my LinkedIn regarding a data scientist role at UBS. I interviewed with him for the first round. Asked basic questions about my resume and whether I'd any experience building APIs which I had.

Next round was scheduled with a data scientist from the team. The person called late and was not professional at all. He grilled me on several points

NLP, CNN, LSTM, Word2vec etc

Interview Questions

• What's stemming and lemmatization?
      What to do in case of huge data?
      What to do in case of unbalanced data?
      How does Adam optimizer work?
      How does CNN work?

I answered most of the questions. It's been more than a month and they have not got back. What unprofessional people   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was long. There was total of 3 one on one interviews (2 of which were behavioral and the last one was technical) and one group discussion.

Wealth Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Bellevue, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

About two - three weeks after I submitted my application online, I received an email scheduling an interview in the same week. I had an interview with the assistant market head. Learnt that after the 2 years training program is over, you will have to start from ground 0 and find your own sales and money to manage to survive. I was asked if it sounds like fun to me that if I have to keep in mind that I need to get sales from every walk of life I come across. My answer to him was no and we had a mutual understanding that I was not interested in the job anymore.

Asset Management Interview

Interview

The interview process was very unprofessional. After coming in for an in-person interview, I received radio silence from HR for over a month. I received a response only after I followed-up countless of times. I understand that recruiters are busy, but I feel that at the very least an update can be provided for candidates that take time to attend an in-person interview. Just felt like a waste of time for both parties.

The actual phone and in-person interviews went well. Interviewers were personable and friendly. They were looking for a culture fit as much as a technical fit.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical. Make sure you know your resume well as they use certain lines for talking points and questions.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Interview

group interview, sales conduct the interview in English. ask for 1 min sharp of introduction. ask you for a stock pitch. some interviewee didn't get to talk at all. need to be the first one to react

Graduate Talent Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS in May 2017.

Interview

Received an email from the recruiter asking to schedule an initial phone interview with a senior manager in the firm. The phone interview was surprisingly informal, with a few behavioral questions thrown into the mix. The informality of everything really threw me off, but it makes sense because it's a two year program and they want to make sure you're a good fit.

Client Onboarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I applied for the business analyst position and was told someone would contact me. A few weeks later, I applied for a different position and was quickly contacted by a man who said I was a good fit for a third position. The interview was actually two interviews, back to back, with two different people for two different positions (this was not explained to me). The first man I never heard anything from, and the second woman contacted me right away to move on in the process. A few days later I had a phone interview with her NY supervisor.

Eventually the recruiter called to offer me the job. He was very aggressive in Salary negotiation and wanted a "gentleman's handshake" that I would accept the job before getting off the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

FAA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call then series of 4 interviews. The interviewers were not from the Charlotte office, they flew them down from the New Jersey office so they were a little tougher. It took almost 4 weeks for them to respond to let me know the results of the interview and the follow up was not very good.

Interview Questions

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by campus "superday." The interviews consist of three one-on-one interviews with a group project. The group project is very straightforward with no prep needed. The one-on-one interviews are strictly fit, behavioral, and resume questions, and maybe one or two technical questions if you indicated a programming language you know.

Interview Questions

• If a coworkers was overwhelmed, how would you deal with the problem?   Answer Question
    • How would you prioritize tasks if you had urgent projects but not enough time to complete them?   Answer Question
    • Describe (X) on your resume, how was that done?   Answer Question

Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and Easy, heard back two weeks later. I knew an advisor who referred me to someone and I had two groups interview me. The first group offered right away so I never even interviewed with the other group.