Web Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Web Development Engineer Interview Questions

Web development engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How would you implement integer division if your language did not offer it.

5 Answers

#Assumes positive numbers def divide(num, divide_by) answer = 0 return answer if divide_by == 0 while(num >= divide_by) num = num - divide_by answer = answer + 1 end answer end puts divide(10,0)

I think this is all you need, as the question asks for integer division I.e. 2 integer inputs to provide integer output 3 / 4 = 0 (dividend is less than the divisor) 2 / 1 = 2 (divisor is 1) 4 / 2 = 2 (divisor is a factor) 7 / 5 = 1 (dividend is greater than divisor) Note: solution below is for positive integers public static double divide(int dividend, int divisor) { int remainder = dividend; int count = 0; while (remainder > divisor) { remainder -= divisor; count++; } return count; }

Vertically and horizontally center an element on the screen using css.

8 Answers

How to discover if the given number is Power of 2 ?

4 Answers

Binary tree , left node has smallest value . Print 5 10 20 25 and then “count of nodes=4”…

2 Answers

HAVING clause ?

1 Answer

An enumerator is a class with getNextObject method. It encapsulates the container. Write an enumerator. Next, write a new enumerator called chained-enumerator which is initialized by two other enumerators. Finally, how would you make it work with N enumerators. I had to write the logic for getNextObject for the most part (and any other internal state I wanted to manage).

1 Answer

Second question was not really a question but a very healthy session of pair programming where I was speaking and a senior developer was coding. He chose JAVA and we were creating a list data-structure (with add, count, delete) operations. The catch was that we were going to do it TDD style. So I guided him on what kind of test we can write and how to pass that test and so on. We kept doing it and in 45 minutes we had a very well tested working list data structure.

1 Answer

Supply a method that decides if a given string is a palindrome.

1 Answer

A simple CSS positioning question that starts with an independent widget (like a start rating widget)

1 Answer

Write a JS code to travers the DOM and find an element with a specified class name

110 of 51 Interview Questions