AOL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AOL Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2018

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter within AOL. I went through 2 phone screens; one with the recruiter and one with the hiring manager. I was then brought in to meet with a group of 6 people (2 at a time) who asked questions about my background, previous experience and gave me scenarios to answer. I was brought back a third time to meet with the SVP, the interview lasted about 20 minutes. From there I met again with the hiring manager and talked about next steps.

Interview Questions

• "How much do you know about agency terms?" This was in regards to the terms and conditions for a media contract for a specific agency partner.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They're pretty strict in regards to what they offer for a base salary, but there is a little room to negotiate.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AOL in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy, yet long. I ended up talking to four people total, all from different departments and levels. It began with an HR rep; straight-forward questions about my interest and strengths. Then she was followed by an associate on the account that discussed more of the day-to-day worklife, where we talk further about my work ethic and experience with responsibilities within the role. The Last two were actual Account Managers who led me into more situation questions and quizzed me on what I knew was going on within the business. Personally, I brought up interviews from the SVP and CEO that I tied to align with the companies year focus and how I would like to bring that to the team.

As inquisitive as they were, everyone was more than nice and easy to talk to. They were well structure and I felt I knew the kind of questions that were going to follow each other. No one threw curve-balls or made me feel uncomfortable.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

At first there was a phone screen. Followed by the hiring manager for the team. Then I was brought in to meet with the team. 4 people, 30 minutes each. Basic fit and behavioral questions. Brought in again to meet with more people, a couple brain teasers. And a final meeting with the cultural ambassador.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

First Round was a set of basic java questions and behavioral questions. Second Round was code review and analysis of application I was working on as an intern. Moreover, they asked me to step through the code I had written and suggested some changes to be implemented based on certain test cases. It was manageable as I had worked on that code as an intern.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot on design patterns, polymorphism, Overloading and overriding methods I had written earlier.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AOL (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral and immediately got a phone call from the recruiter. He set up a phone interview with the hiring manager and then got a call for on-site interview. I had five rounds where the first one hour was a written test. Then back to back one hour interviews with different people from different teams. Everyone were really friendly and asked a lot of questions about internship experience. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had faced any situation where I had to confront my supervisor and correct him.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Arlington, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Had 1 technical interview session in codility consisting of 4 questions.
    Then I was assigned a 24 hr timeline project to complete (developing a web application)
    Then onsite interview consisting of 5 30-minute sessions followed by a discussion with a cultural ambassador who focuses on your overall fit into the company's culture
    Finally a Skype session with the hiring manager since he couldn't meet me on the day of the onsite interview

Interview Questions

• The technical questions were pretty much standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.
      The cultural discussion session had a lot of questions for which there is just no right answer. Most of them are questions that look for your opinion on things like team building, building trust with your teammates, etc etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

applied online and interviewed at AOL.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, 1 hour per interview

Interview Question – too much behavior questions

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AOL (Baltimore, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

I had applied online through the company website. After a couple of weeks I had a telephonic interview followed by a 1:1 interview at their office. They verbally offered me the position the next day which I accepted. Although it did take much time for them to send the official offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the joining date and the duration of the internship, although I didn't have much say on the salary as it was intern position and the company had strict policies regarding salaries.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

2 interviews, 1 hour per interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

The longest interview process ever! 2 months and 13 rounds of interviews (yes, thirteen!). The position was for a sub-company under AOL and most of the rounds were technical. 8 rounds of onsite interviews (in a single day) and 5 rounds of phone and skype in total. The best part of the interview was not even a single interviewer was intimidating or strict. It was all casual and the work place was super cool.

Interview Questions

• Common HR questions and technical questions were on specific technologies required for the position   Answer Question