AOL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY).

Interview

First phone call, then online interview. It was not difficult. It was the standard questions asked in an interview. Recommend doing research about the different aspects of the company to prep for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this role? What makes you a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Partnership Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was organized well. The hiring associate was professional. They have you complete a project on your own time if you are selected to move further into the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a work project that you are proud of.   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via e-mail asking for my availability, once I replied back, she never followed back up with me, so I sent her another e-mail and she randomly called me on a day that I was traveling so we had to schedule for a different day. She called and we talked roughly for about 6 minutes before she told me I wasn't a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• How many recruiters do you support in your current job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

Talked with CTO and senior product manager about previous experience. No tech questions. They talked a lot about how interns works at AOL area 51, what they offer to interns and what they expect from interns.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOL (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Received an email informing me of upcoming phone interview. Interview was pushed back at the last minute to a different date. When interview did take place, it was a phone call by single interviewer that lasted 10 - 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position? What can you bring to the organization? Dream job?   Answer Question

Interview

Very unprofessional. I prepared for my interview a long time after an initial phone screen. I sat by the phone waiting for a call from the hiring manager. When no one called, I messaged the recruiting coordinator, and she said the position had been canceled last week. No one bothered to mention it to me. I would have appreciated just a simple email.

Interview Questions

• no question was asked because position was canceled without my knowledge.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round was phone call to get basic details about the candidate.
    2nd round was 30 min technical phone interview with 1 team member
    3rd round was 1 hr technical hangout call with the manager and his team

Interview Questions

• DHCP, ARP, IPv6, VPN setup, BGP, DDoS types, troubleshooting questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The First round was behavioral talking to the manager over the phone and discussing your previous project and work experience. It lasted for 30 minutes. The second round was an online coding test via Hackerrank.

Accounting Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AOL (Dulles, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

First went through a phone screen with a recruiter. Then met with 3 interviewers, including the hiring manager, and my peers, and one cultural ambassador to assess the cultural fit to AOL. 30mins-45mins for each meeting. Pretty lengthy assessment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you received constructive criticism and how you handle it.   Answer Question

Associate- Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AOL.

Interview

I submitted my resume through LinkedIn. The director contacted me and had a weird foggy discussion about the position. I went to the interview because a couple of friends persuaded me to do
    so.
    I met with 4 people in total, the first 3 were delightful to talk to the last person was of course the obnoxious director. He asked me to wait for over 40 min because he got stuck in a meeting. Afterwards he's walking around the office like an idiot. Then when we finally get to talk it was a total of 5 min. Who does that ? Complete waste of time. No wonder they got acquired

Interview Questions

• Past experiences
      Job relation