Acceleration Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Acceleration Partners Reviews

Updated December 11, 2018

4.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility of working from home is huge" (in 47 reviews)

• "Also, the work life balance allowed by this job is more than ideal" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "You definitely need to be a highly motivated individual to succeed while working from home" (in 50 reviews)

• "Fast-paced, busy agency environment" (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The BEST Place to Work!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Seriously, AP is the absolute best place to work. I have never worked at another company who genuinely cares for the well-beings of their employees, both professionally and personally, as people beyond the employee. The work we do, while often demanding and challenging, is exciting and inspiring and pushes you to to continue learning and growing. From the top down, AP's employees are all superstars - every here is genuine and thoughtful, functioning a team and here to support one another day in and day out.

Cons

These cons are not true cons per se, but rather an aspect of the company that potential applicants should know about. The culture at AP is outstanding, the work we do is challenging and my colleagues are the best; HOWEVER it is a fast-paced environment, and both expectations and standards are high. To be successful here you have to be highly self-motivated, organized, as well as able to proactively juggle a lot of priorities at any given time. The work from home environment is a huge benefit, however it does not equate to a cushy couch job--we work, and work hard.

"AP is the Real Deal"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

I can't express how thankful I am to be able to work at company like AP. Being someone who came from an agency where inputs/hours worked were valued over results, and no value or support was given to employees, AP is a dream. The biggest pros are the culture, commitment to core values, and trust that AP gives its employees. Our clients are top notch and the work we do is changing the industry, as well as how people view work/life balance. There is no other company, in my opinion, that cares about its employees and clients the way AP does.

Cons

Not a con for me, but like many reviews have mentioned this is a growing agency and the work is fast paced. If you are a person who cracks easily under pressure and can't prioritize/balance work load you will have a hard time succeeding here. Folks who are looking for an easy WFH job with unlimited vacation time should not apply. We hold each other to high standards and are radically candid in our feedback, if you can't work well under those conditions you won't have much fun at AP.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold our hiring to high standards. Make sure we are doing everything possible to ensure new hires can handle the fast paced environment here at AP and that they are a true core value fit. Letting those who are not a fit slip through the cracks will be damaging to the success of other teams.

"Amazing place to work but with a few bad apples"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

Amazing Culture with top notch leadership team.
    Working from home
    Mostly great co-workers
    Top rated training

Cons

AP's culture is amazing but with the rapid growth some of it seems to be getting diluted and is not trickling down. People left recently due to issues with managers or their teams. Like another reviewer mentioned, a lot of managers are completely micro-managing their teams with every piece of communication requiring a million edits. In a fast paced agency environment that can have a big impact on moral and productivity. Your success at the company is also impacted by the team/accounts and managers that you get assigned to. Optics and being able to magnify what you do is also sometimes rewards much more than pure performance.

Advice to Management

AP spends a lot of time and money on training and letting good people go is not in the best interest of the company.

Acceleration Partners Response

Nov 27, 2018 – Chief Client Officer

Thank you very much for the feedback, we love hearing from our employees and it’s something we always take seriously.

I am understanding of your concerns and I would like to address some of those... More

"Loving Life at AP"

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Affiliate Marketing in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Associate, Affiliate Marketing in Denver, CO

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The entire company strives to stand behind its core values and makes sure everyone feels included and successful. It's refreshing to work somewhere where not only work/life balance is accepted, but work/life integration is actually encouraged. I feel like AP treats their employees as talent, rather than just another number.

Cons

Adjusting to a completely remote position can have its challenges, but I feel like AP tries to prepare you for that as best as possible.

"Excellent culture with an environment that challenges you to grow."

Current Employee - Associate in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Current Employee - Associate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Clear and concise growth path
    -Many tools to learn and succeed
    -Excellent support system and work culture

Cons

-Challenges you to be self motivated and organized
    -Work from home environment can be difficult to adjust to

"Couldn't imagine working anywhere else!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-AP has a culture like no other! We are all remote, yet feel completely connected.
    -Leadership truly cares about their employees, collecting feedback regularly but more importantly, implementing change as a result of the feedback.
    -It is a rapidly growing global company, leading the performance marketing industry with great brands you are proud to work with.
    -No politics - just great people working towards the same vision.

Cons

-The growth is fast - it requires constant adaptation to change.
    -We are leading the industry in uncharted territories which creates a lot of unknown and ambiguity. May not be the right fit if you require clear direction with clear outcomes.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing!

"AP is 99% great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership is unlike any other. Bob is truly a pioneer in the industry and has created an incredible culture. Clients are interesting and there are some big names moving over from other networks and agencies. The opportunity to work remotely is convenient and you never feel disconnected due to the video conference calls. Pay is comparable, if not slightly better, than other similar jobs/companies. Leadership takes employee satisfaction seriously and they also encourage employees to have lives and hobbies outside of work.

Cons

Beware of micromanagers. You know the saying "one bad apple can ruin the bunch"? That very much applies here. AP has an incredible culture and 99% of the people do a great job sustaining that. However, some supervisors have gone above and beyond when it comes to micromanaging their teams. "Feedback" comes in the form of paragraphs of nit-picking every detail and word used in an email to clients (which you're expected to draft and send to your manager for review prior to sending to the client). A lot of time is wasted by select managers through this "feedback" process and micromanaging, so the real work piles up fast and furious with little time to get it done during the normal work hours. So much time is spent going through 25 iterations of the same email or executive summary, trying to figure out if a certain word should be used over another. The same goes for powerpoint decks, only this is 100 times worse and more time consuming. Then you're somehow expected to get your real, client-facing work done as well, such as running projections and forecasts, relationship building with partners, etc. They will claim there is no expectation to work outside of your 9-5 hours, but unless you do so, the work will never get done due to all the meaningless time wasting that happens during those hours.

Advice to Management

Some supervisors are completely unable to see the forest for the trees. You probably have an idea of who they are. They drive people away, which then creates more work for the rest of us. They aren't an accurate reflection of how great AP can be because they get too wrapped up in unimportant tasks and "rules" they've created. Be aware of what's going on at those lower levels because these kind of micromanagers can cause you to quickly lose great people. It's happening at other companies. Don't make the same mistakes those company leaders have made by ignoring that this is a valid issue.

8. "Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Kingston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Kingston, MA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, inspiring leadership, endless growth opportunity

Cons

Fast paced environment with a lot of work. Not necessarily a con, but not a workplace for anyone not looking to work hard

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

9. "Great Place, Great People"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

-Everyone truly works as a cohesive team
    -Everyone at AP is a driven Go-Getter
    -Everyone at AP really embraces our core values each and every day

Cons

This is more of a word of advice but sticking to a schedule and having a designated workspace has helped me manage an effective work/life integration

10. "Work-life integration is valued at AP!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

AP truly cares for their employees professional and personal development. I trust and admire our leadership team and am proud and fortunate to work for this organization. Strong community of team players who value and respect one another. The comradery is un-matched to any other placed I have worked before here.

Cons

If you are not a detailed-oriented, self motivating person, AP is not a fit for you. Also, salary discussions need to be reviewed more.