Acceleration Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Acceleration Partners Founder and Managing Director Robert Glazer
Robert Glazer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home/ flexible environment (in 40 reviews)

• A place where you work hard, but ultimately can achieve a great work/life balance (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home is not for everyone (in 43 reviews)

• Because the company is growing so fast and things are always changing, training isn't always as extensive as it could be (in 8 reviews)

"Great company & great place to work!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AP truly has a positive and collaborative work environment. Leadership is transparent and trusts their employees. There is a great amount of flexibility and great work-life balance.

Cons

Working from home is not for everyone. You have to be very self-motivated.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Proud to work for AP!

"Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at AP means you are a part of a team that is highly motivated and driven to help their clients succeed. I've had the opportunity to learn from and grow with some of the best in the affiliate marketing industry. Everyone who works here is a team player and more than happy to help and share knowledge. Also, the work life balance allowed by this job is more than ideal.

Cons

You definitely need to be a highly motivated individual to succeed while working from home. Luckily, the culture here makes it pretty hard to not want to contribute by doing your absolute best.

Advice to Management

Continue to show your employees that you value them and care about their professional and personal development.

"Opportunity & Growth at AP"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AP is growing exponentially and there a lot of opportunity for advancement and growth within positions. You're encouraged to challenge yourself daily and be uncomfortable at times, knowing these challenges are helping you excel. I've discovered a passion that I didn't know I had and would not have been given the opportunity to discover if it had not been for my position at AP.

Highly flexible work environment where management encourages everyone to 'own' their calendars - scheduling what's important to them and being empowered to decline meetings that aren't necessary.

Cons

It can be difficult at times to work remotely, especially when you are several time zones away from the rest of your team.

A high level of self motivation is also needed, and if it wavers, it can be easy to get behind in such a fast-paced environment.

Advice to Management

Continue high level of transparency across all levels of the company. As we grow, don't lose sight of the core values.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a fast-paced, remote and challenging career, then you'll find a home at AP. The work is hard, but we have amazing clients that make the hard work more rewarding.

Cons

Working remotely can be very isolating. Make sure you take advantage of social events in hubs, virtual coffee socials and local coworking spaces. Otherwise you'll start getting lonely.

Advice to Management

Make sure employee's accomplishments aren't forgotten about when transitioning teams. Also consider upping the co-working space reimbursement benefit. I've not been able to find a co-working space for less than $200 per month.

"Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Port Jervis, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Port Jervis, NY

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Acceleration Partners is lead by a honest and transparent leadership team, held together by awesome and amazingly talented people, and offers a flexible as well as an empowering work environment.

Cons

Working remotely can be challenging when you're used to being around people in an office environment. Be sure to maintain an active and social lifestyle. Also it's a great idea to come up with your own system for working hard and efficiently.

Advice to Management

Continue to remain transparent and cultivate relationships with your people as well as keep up with personalized pulse checks on teams with Hub Visits, Summit, etc.

6. "Awesome place to work - Great community!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

Transparent leadership, strong work/life integration, trustworthy community who care about your career growth

Cons

Working from home can be an adjustment. Be sure to get into a daily schedule and put time aside to work out/go for a walk/meet a friend for lunch.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep a focus on Company's core values and transparency of business.

7. "Excellent management makes a difference"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When you've been in the work world for awhile, you realize what a difference it makes when a management team works hard to build processes and communication channels that make everything really work. This team is comprised of people that are constantly learning and using that knowledge to make things the best they can be. They are enjoyable people with a sense of humor that team well together- no big egos that insist on having things their way. Communication is excellent, with weekly all-team meetings and plenty of opportunities to ask questions. As the team grows, the investment in people development also continues to grow. If you have a chance to join this team, jump on it.

Cons

Working from home is not for everyone. You need self-discipline, and you need to make sure you are constantly reaching out to clients and colleagues. You also need to make sure you are disciplined about turning off for the day- just because you are still in the place where you work doesn't mean you should always be working.

Advice to Management

Never stop learning, and keep setting an example for how the world of work can be better.

"Truly a great place to work!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AP cares about their employees, both in and out of the workplace. The pace is fast and the work is challenging, but AP ensures that employees feel appreciated and can enjoy some really great perks like open PTO, vacation bonuses (yes, you read that correctly!) and wellness and educational reimbursements.

Leadership has an open door policy and works hard to maintain transparency with employees. Feedback is valued and the leadership team ensures team members feel involved in decisions and understand the reasoning behind processes or changes.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly, so you can sometimes feel disconnected from other departments and teams. Expectations are also very high, so if you're used to skating by with mediocre work, it's probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on transparency and maintaining and improving our culture, especially as we expand globally.

9. "I'm lovin' it"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive, uplifting, inspired work environment...who knew that was possible working remotely?!

Cons

As a newer employee, it can sometimes be overwhelming and feel like a challenge to know where exactly to look for resources and help when questions arise. I entered the company at a time where there seems to be migration across multiple knowledge platforms. I imagine with time I'll become much more familiar with where to look for certain tools and answers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Your transparency is the real deal and I feel supported by you.

"A New Frontier in Employment"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A shift from the top-down mentality to a model based on accountability, flexibility and balance. A place where you work hard, but ultimately can achieve a great work/life balance. Management takes employee feedback very serious and often makes positive organizational changes as a result. Great place if you are disciplined enough to work remotely.

Cons

It can be hard to work at home ALL the time, but they are getting better at organizing "Hub" get-togethers and other activities that surface opportunities for in-person contact.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!