Acceleration Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 6, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work from home/ flexible environment" (in 39 reviews)

• "Also, the work life balance allowed by this job is more than ideal" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "You definitely need to be a highly motivated individual to succeed while working from home" (in 44 reviews)

• "Because the company is growing so fast and things are always changing, training isn't always as extensive as it could be" (in 8 reviews)

"Work Amongst the Brightest & Nicest"

Current Employee - Associate Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Manager

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Acceleration Partners has opened the door for me to work with the brightest and kindest people in the industry. I am consistantly learning something new every day with the projects at hand and the education and experience that AP provides me with. The positive and motivating culture at AP is the foundation to the company's impressive success as a business and overall happiness of its employees. The leadership team is transparent and approachable, creating an environment that makes its employees feel valued and a part of something bigger than just a "job." The company is always looking for ways to stay on top of industry trends and exploring efficiencies and opportunities to improve in all aspects, including day to day tasks for all roles.

Cons

There are times when your work-load feels heavy but AP provides you with resources to accomplish projects to the fullest.

Advice to Management

Continue to value each and every employee, providing them with the tools to acheive their goals, professionally and personally.

"Seriously A Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You may be working from home but you never feel alone. AP's culture is not only supportive but it is also encouraging. Everyone is welcoming and willing to help. Leadership cares about more than just your work but also your professional and personal growth. Never have i worked for a company before that cares so much about their employees.

Cons

If you're not a self motivated person, this isn't the place for you. You are judged on the work you put out and no-one is going to micromanage you.

"Step up your game."

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

The people you work with are professionals that do not take themselves overly seriously. The roles are well defined and both the training and peer support are second to none. The management is very responsive and considers empowering their employees to be among their top priorities. They are not the stereotypical corporate overlords. You know exactly where the company stands strategically and financially at all times like I have never seen before.

Cons

Working from home takes some getting used to. They know this and will help you adjust. But it is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people and practicing what you preach like you do now. Maintain that small company feel and collaborative environment at all costs.

"What you see is what you get!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AP is what it’s billed as – an outcome oriented environment where we all hold ourselves to very high standards and work hard to help each other meet and exceed them. As a member of the leadership team for the last six years, I can attest to our genuine commitment to this and to building capacity as an organization and for every single person in the company. AP is an environment that allows and encourages everyone to become their best self, both in and outside of work, and to focus on outcomes, not inputs - this allows parents to not miss special occasions with kids, athletes to train to perform at a high level, globetrotters to travel, etc. – without having to sacrifice the ability to excel professionally. This means something different for everyone at AP, and our culture is what you make of it. I would respectfully disagree with a previous comment that AP’s culture is only geared toward working moms (and I say that as the sole working mom on our leadership team), and believe that many of our very successful more junior or non-parent team members would agree with me.

Cons

One of the AP core values is “own it” – living that isn’t for everyone. As many reviewers have noted, working from home requires that you set your boundaries…particularly in an agency environment, there’s always more work to do and each individual needs to own their stop/start lines. Team and company leaders are always there to provide support, share best practices, and help people work through how to do this, but ultimately this comes down to each person figuring it out for themself.

Additionally, particularly in a remote environment, leadership is not always aware of challenges that aren’t visible on the surface, so there’s heavy dependence on team members to “own it” and bring up issues and give feedback. This is encouraged very actively via both standard channels for this and built in feedback mechanisms, including a weekly invitation for anonymous feedback via TinyPulse. Ultimately, though, if an employee isn’t able to share their challenges proactively or ask for support, their issues may not be recognized or addressed, which could lead to real frustration.

Advice to Management

Continue to elicit and address feedback actively.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Acceleration Partners provides a lot of flexibility to balance your work life relationships, understanding the work gets done. Unlimited PTO is available. They push for you to take a half day for your birthday and give you a bonus if you take a full week off for vacation. The company is filled with some of the best talent as we are continually encouraged to grow. Hard work does get recognition and rewarded which is not always common in the internet marketing field. They have one of the best open door policies which is surprising as the whole company is remote. You will get many opportunities to interact with the CEO. You will be treated with respect at this company and will be provided many opportunities to gain leadership roles.

Cons

Working remote is not for everyone. You will need to find ways to manage your time and interact with fellow team mates in different ways. Acceleration Partners has some big brands so expect to give 110% and to be working in a fast pace environment due to the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding your team and they will continue to work hard. Transparency helps and being respected is valued.

6. "Frustration with leadership when I worked there"

I worked at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong female leadership who make a point to work with you on your career advancement

Cons

I'm frustrated with some of the awards AP is currently winning. Acceleration Partners has a remote work environment, which is great for working moms in particular, but can be extremely isolating for those who don't fall into that demographic. That leads to a company heavily biased toward working moms with little to no diversity of employees or perspectives.

I also received judgmental and condescending comments from leadership more than once, the CEO in particular, and HR is very much bought into the ethos of the company and thus would not see these comments as inappropriate. As a single female in my twenties, I often felt uncomfortable and a misfit within the company. This is not to say AP is a bad company, but it is very homogenous and makes it hard to get your concerns acknowledged if you're not of the same profile. The CEO has a very specific vision, and there's not a ton of openness to thinking outside of that vision, nor opting out of it. In a company where the CEO is excited to have off-sites with moving speakers to see how many people cry, then make fun of those people for crying, it's extremely frustrating that there's no way to opt out of an experience like this without seeming like you're not a team player.

I'd also warn prospective employees that the remote work environment leads to an "always on" environment - it was at this job that I spent the most hours working in my entire career.

Advice to Management

Make Sarah and Lindsay (and any additional female leaders) more visible and a bigger part of the vision.

Acceleration Partners Response

Aug 2, 2018 – CEO

While it’s not always easy to hear critical feedback, we truly value giving and accepting direct, candid feedback. We believe it’s essential to our growth and improvement – as individuals and as a... More

"Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at AP means you are a part of a team that is highly motivated and driven to help their clients succeed. I've had the opportunity to learn from and grow with some of the best in the affiliate marketing industry. Everyone who works here is a team player and more than happy to help and share knowledge. Also, the work life balance allowed by this job is more than ideal.

Cons

You definitely need to be a highly motivated individual to succeed while working from home. Luckily, the culture here makes it pretty hard to not want to contribute by doing your absolute best.

Advice to Management

Continue to show your employees that you value them and care about their professional and personal development.

"Great company & great place to work!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AP truly has a positive and collaborative work environment. Leadership is transparent and trusts their employees. There is a great amount of flexibility and great work-life balance.

Cons

Working from home is not for everyone. You have to be very self-motivated.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Proud to work for AP!

"Opportunity & Growth at AP"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AP is growing exponentially and there a lot of opportunity for advancement and growth within positions. You're encouraged to challenge yourself daily and be uncomfortable at times, knowing these challenges are helping you excel. I've discovered a passion that I didn't know I had and would not have been given the opportunity to discover if it had not been for my position at AP.

Highly flexible work environment where management encourages everyone to 'own' their calendars - scheduling what's important to them and being empowered to decline meetings that aren't necessary.

Cons

It can be difficult at times to work remotely, especially when you are several time zones away from the rest of your team.

A high level of self motivation is also needed, and if it wavers, it can be easy to get behind in such a fast-paced environment.

Advice to Management

Continue high level of transparency across all levels of the company. As we grow, don't lose sight of the core values.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a fast-paced, remote and challenging career, then you'll find a home at AP. The work is hard, but we have amazing clients that make the hard work more rewarding.

Cons

Working remotely can be very isolating. Make sure you take advantage of social events in hubs, virtual coffee socials and local coworking spaces. Otherwise you'll start getting lonely.

Advice to Management

Make sure employee's accomplishments aren't forgotten about when transitioning teams. Also consider upping the co-working space reimbursement benefit. I've not been able to find a co-working space for less than $200 per month.