Acceleration Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Acceleration Partners Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2020

4.9
Pros
  • "The work-from-home set up allows me the ability to cut out the noise while also having a great work/life balance(in 52 reviews)

• "The leadership team is focused on transparency, always looking for employee feedback and engaged with the greater team(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working from home is amazing but don't assume it's a cushy job(in 57 reviews)

• "It's an agency, so it is fast-paced, which might not be for some(in 21 reviews)

1. "Dream come true"

Current Employee - Publisher Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm so lucky to be at AP! They value each employee as an individual and have created a genuinely positive and encouraging work environment. Working remotely can be isolating, but I have never felt so connected with my colleagues, more so than working in an actual office. Bob and the leadership team have created an culture that truly fosters growth, both personally and professionally. The work is challenging yet rewarding, the environment is flexible and management truly cares about their employees.

Cons

Training could be improved, but is always getting better.

Acceleration Partners2020-02-24
  2. "It's okay."

Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive culture with focus on personal development. Remote

Cons

Lack of industry knowledge at people-managing levels.

Acceleration Partners2020-02-19
  3. "Not your typical agency!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

AP has one of the best and most transparent cultures I have seen in my career. The senior leadership is completely approachable and extremely focused on creating an environment that is challeging, but also rewarding for it's employees. The company is 100% remote (work from home), however, the business has been bulit from the ground up with this in mind and goes the extra mile to make the connections betweeen teams and other colleages as strong as within a traditional office environment. The culture promotes hard work, celebrates wins, and is open and honest about challenges and areas for personal and professional improvement.

Cons

Working remotely can be a great fit for some, but certainly not for all. It does require discipline and focus, as well as a higher level of autonomy than most jobs. The fast pace is that of a typical agency, which can be very rewarding but also very challenging at times. One has to truly focus on their own personal and professional development in order to achieve the optimal work/life balance.

Acceleration Partners2020-01-31
  4. "Great Interview Experience and Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently completed the interview process and everyone I met was so kind. You can truly tell that all of the employees embody AP's core values. I'm extremely excited to start working at AP.

Cons

No cons at this time

Acceleration Partners2020-01-31
  5. "By Far The Best Company I've Worked For"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fantastic Management - Clear Growth Maps - Opportunity to work with some of the biggest companies in the world - Vacation Incentive Bonus - Flexible Working

Cons

- Pay isn't the highest in the industry

Acceleration Partners2020-01-31
  6. "Easily the Best Company I've Ever Worked At"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working from home is an incredible perk and I love the autonomy and trust that AP has in its employees. Everyone is extremely friendly, dedicated, and always focused on improving personally and professionally. Leadership is among the best I've ever seen.

Cons

None that I can think of. AP is a unique company in that regard.

Acceleration Partners2020-01-06

"Employee Focused, Results Oriented"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel so grateful to work at AP. This is the first place I have ever worked that truly embodies their core values and lives them everyday, from the hiring process, to training, to professional development, and so much more! At AP you will work with smart, collaborative and supportive teammates who are always willing to help out and want to lift one another up. AP really embraces work life integration - our leadership team believes in working smarter, not harder, and taking time to recharge and refresh as well. Working remotely provides a level of flexibility that I have personally never had before. I feel like I can bring my best self to work everyday, work incredibly hard, but also work in an environment that is comfortable and familiar to me. The mission and vision of AP is also clear and something that I believe in. Our leaders are transparent about what is going on at the company, and they are always willing to answer any questions anyone has. All employees are provided all the tools they need to be successful and grow at AP - interesting projects, a roadmap for your career growth, unique learning and development opportunities, and supportive managers.

Cons

As many people have mentioned, working from home is not for everyone - you have to have discipline and be self motivated in order to succeed. You also need to be comfortable being autonomous, which not everyone is able to do. AP is also a very feedback oriented culture, so you have to be comfortable receiving positive but also constructive, feedback about projects and performance. This is an agency, so being flexible and adaptable is key - if you don't like an ever changing environment where you may have to juggle multiple priorities, this is not the right place for you. While leadership does try to be thoughtful and intentional when changes are made, it's still something to get used to.

Acceleration Partners2019-12-12

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

AP is an incredible company where you get to work with wonderful people and in an environment that cares about your personal and professional growth. Working from home allows you to have a great work/life balance!

Cons

It's an agency, so it is fast-paced, which might not be for some. You have to make the time in the day for yourself and learn to balance your work and life. The capability to have a great work/life balance is there, but you must actively do it yourself otherwise it can be all-consuming.

Acceleration Partners2019-11-22

"AP is fully committed to their employees' success"

Current Employee - Associate Account Director

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I feel lucky to work at a company like AP that not only embodies their core values through our work but celebrates those core values outside of work as well. It is rare for a company to invest just as much in the personal side as in the professional and that is just what AP does encouraging their employees to be a 360 degree representation of what we strive for. - Great, motivated group of people - Flexibility to make your schedule work for you - Challenging and ever changing work - get to be at the forefront of what is new and changing in partner marketing. - Supportive environment that really cares about the success of their employees both in work and in their personal lives as well. - Transparent environment at all levels that does what they say they are going to.

Cons

I don't really see a lot of cons at AP currently other than with any fast growing company, there are times when we will all feel the strain of rapid growth. The management has been doing a great job though of identifying cause and working to get ahead of it staying true to their commitment of setting their employees up to succeed.

Acceleration Partners2019-11-25
  10. "AP has changed my life"

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

WFH Health Benefits Unlimited PTO Amazing support from management Teams are supportive They actually care about your growth You are part of the team at even the lowest level

Cons

Alot of team transitions Tons of emails Working remotely means that teams can sometimes feel silod

Acceleration Partners2019-11-13

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 175 reviews