Atos Reviews | Glassdoor

Thierry Breton

1,885 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Satisfactory experience working with Atos"

I worked at Atos full-time

Pros

Huge company, Multiple technologies to explore for new joiners fresh out of college.

Cons

Nothing as such to mention

Advice to Management

Salary increments should be respectful

2. "Could be so much better."

Former Employee - Data Center Technician in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Data Center Technician in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Atos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entry level. Good starting point for people with limited experience or transitioning into a new career.

Cons

Where do I start? Wage and benefits are much lower than other industry competitors. No room for growth. Too many people are afraid to make mistakes and hold management to task.

Advice to Management

Stop with the favoritism, especially with people who aren't very productive. You will get better, more knowledge employees if you encourage them to learn, grow, and train them.

3. "Great Company"

I have been working at Atos full-time

Pros

Great communication and opportunity for growth

Cons

None that I know of

4. "Desk Side Support technician"

Current Employee - Desk Side Support in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Desk Side Support in Athens, GA

I have been working at Atos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great benefits and good people

Cons

lots of polices and regulations to follow

5. "If you can, stay away"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Atos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to step up to new responsibilities and challenges due to the high employee turnover.

Cons

Just keep in mind you will never be rewarded for stepping up to those responsibilities and challenges - this was the major takeaway from my two years at Atos. Other key things to know about this employer:
    1) You will be paid accurately and on time maybe one paycheck in five; I had to create a recurring calendar item for each payday to check my pay stub against my timesheets to see if it was accurate. I laughed about this the first two or three times, but after fifteen or sixteen screwed up (or just plain missing) paychecks (and one eviction notice as a result), it was no longer funny. It would be easy to blame incompetence and excessive bureaucracy, but considering the cash flow problems the company apparently has been having and how much cash they are able float by paying everyone late, it started getting hard not to believe this wasn't a deliberate financial strategy.
    2) If your job can be outsourced, it will. If it can't be outsourced overseas because it's a government contract, remember that it can likely still be outsourced to places like the midwest where people can afford to live pretty well on a salary 30% lower than what amounts to a bare subsistence living in Southern California.
    3) You will be overworked. Our account was always understaffed, at one point by more than 50% under what the customer had contracted for. Most of your work will be slapping on bandaids to keep things working and stay up with customer requests. Be prepared to inherit lots of projects in flight from others that move on to better opportunities.
    4) You will not get a raise. Ever. Doesn't matter what you do or don't do. In my case, I took on the role of someone who was making 50% more than I was. Part of my job consisted of training and supervising some new hires who were getting paid more than I was. Instead of even a token pay increase, all I got were constant excuses about the perpetual hiring freeze (and pleas not to leave).
    5) Your bosses will be highly demanding. Their job is to squeeze all the productivity out of you that they can, since the company is completely unwilling to hire enough people to do the job. Expect frequent after hours calls even when you are not on call.
    6) If the company can figure a way to squeeze money out of you, they will. Our health insurance plans were changed to a new & higher priced provider as a lure to land that health insurance company as a client. Many of the people who had been working there for decades (under previous companies which Atos had acquired) had hundreds of hours of accrued sick time taken away with zero recompense.

There are a few other points that could be made, but suffice it to say that working for Atos was an extremely stressful and difficult experience. Even the line and middle managers dislike this company - although most make some effort to mask their true feelings in front of the troops. My bottom line recommendation is to avoid this company if you can. If you have no other options, take the job but keep looking for something better. While you're stuck here, keep your head down, take advantage of opportunities to learn new skills and technologies that will be useful in gaining employment elsewhere, and be prepared to push back when management makes unreasonable demands (like working on the weekends to clean up the problems that arise from refusing to adequately staff up).

Advice to Management

Not going to bother.

6. "Technical Analyst"

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Atos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere with all cultures

Cons

None that I can think of

7. "Good starting IT Job"

I worked at Atos full-time

Pros

Good training ground for new hires

Cons

Advancement is minimal and favortism runs rampant

8. "Bad Experience with Atos"

I worked at Atos full-time

Pros

Good Salary and benefits.Nice PTO

Cons

Few people "Team Leads" don't have manners to talk with there peers.
    Long working hours and higher expectations.
    They cheat people by promising few things during hiring process

Advice to Management

Need to talk with sub ordinates one on one to know what's going inside team.

"Lacks Leadership, Training, Communication, & Ethics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Atos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Frankly, there are absolutely no pros to working for ATOS.

Cons

Far too many to list. In a nut shell, if you want to work for an employer that lacks ethics, leadership, and a moral compass, this is the place to be. If you are looking for advancement, leadership, and a team that has your back, don't apply. This by far the worst company to work for. Other than having health insurance and PTO available, there is absolutely no career benefit to working for ATOS. Also, the company is struggling and laying off in masses. Not ideal if you want to remain employed.

Advice to Management

You need to re-evaluate your management team. They are absolutely ruining what little reputation you have as a company. While companies grow and downsize on a regular basis, yours is declining for a variety reasons that starts from the top down. Your key employees, the ones that handle your "grunt" work are fleeing in masses that manage to stay employed. Why? Your management. They are disconnected entirely. Some out right ignore their employees. A few even cross the line ethically.

10. "Solutions Architect"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Atos full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked at Unify. Very Flexible, good benefits

Cons

Growth and Career Development. More focus on ROI of projects

Advice to Management

More focus needed on selling in Telecom market which is going through a huge change for last 2 decades.

Showing 1,885 of 2,002 reviews