Comcast Reviews

3.9
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
4,896 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great Company to work for great benefits(in 1448 reviews)

• "Pretty much free cable/internet(in 837 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work Life Balance tends to be difficult in WFH(in 281 reviews)

• "Being in touch with upper management for job growth(in 201 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Comcast and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

awesome place to work

Jan 14, 2021 - Finance Analyst in Manchester, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, nice bonus, great people

Cons

i dont have any cons at this time

Content Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review and for letting us know that we’re on the right track. We love hearing examples like this that demonstrate what makes working at Comcast so special. We think it’s pretty special too.

2. 5.0

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Feb 28, 2015 - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door? The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

478 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for!

May 4, 2021 - Principal Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, great benefits, and overall they care about their employees wellbeing, job satisfaction and career growth. They are very progressive with diversity and inclusion and strive for pay equality and equal career opportunities across gender and ethnic backgrounds (which is awesome!).

Cons

It's unfortunate Comcast has a negative reputation in a lot of the community, but their working hard to turn that around. Sometimes working for Comcast can be irritating when you tell someone who you work for and the first thing they say is "Oh why are they so expensive!?", or something like that. To which I don't know, because that's not the area I work in, but it's irritating being associated with those questions right off the bat.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A pleasant place to waste away

Apr 21, 2021 - TCoE II in Everett, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great, and if you can find a team that works well the job is super fun. Office is usually pretty laid back, and they try to make it a good experience for everyone by providing food, coffee vouchers and other small tokens. Mental health benefits are great, which is good because you'll likely need them.

Cons

The TCoE is a dead end position in Comcast. There's a very barebones progression system, but once you reach the end of that you either take your yearly 3% until you hit their pay cap, or you leave to a different part of the company. It's not a long term play unless you want a stable, mid salary job. The base pay doesn't really keep up with the cost of living though, and it doesn't sound like there's any plans to change that. Management puts too much effort into the small things that feel nice but don't really matter instead of working to create a more efficient and lower stress environment for the workers.

Content Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review and for letting us know how we can improve. We’re sorry to hear about the challenges you’ve experienced and encourage you to speak with your manager or HR Business Partner for help in resolving any issues or concerns you may have.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for

May 6, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work life balance, Comcast takes care of employees. The team I work for is great and many opportunities to learn cutting-edge technologies

Cons

Salary packages can be more competitive

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great benefits

Mar 23, 2021 - Inbound Sales Representative in Wilmington, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Courtesy services discounts, NBC universal discounts and discounts at other affiliated providers. Matching stock and 401k up to a certain percent. Great work culture and management. Benefits are decent and they will reimburse for school.

Cons

If you have to take FMLA they will force you to use your vacation days to pay yourself upfront (no option to do unpaid until vacation is exhausted). Also, they routinely change the commission set up- the recent change caused top commission earners (around 5k a month in commission) to drop to less than half of monthly earnings due to caps.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Lacking compassion for their employees

Apr 16, 2021 - Call Center Supervisor in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers, agents, courtesy services, benefits, 401K, stock options, work from home

Cons

Cliques, obvious favorites, ageism, lack of compassion for employees during COVID, inconsistent coaching , vague direction, and a complete lack of support and compassion during family medical crisis

Content Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review and for your honest feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our customers and our employees. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.

8. 4.0

Inclusion-Driven Company

May 3, 2021 - Director in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Comcast is taking great strides to be inclusive across the most disadavantaged groups in the US, and as many ethnic groups as possible in all locations, both in and outside the US. The company is launching various large projects to reach out to various communities- Asians, Africans, Natives, etc.- to uplift those communities economically and educationally. Every dept at Comcast is participating.

Cons

Large company so it is challenging to get to the best person to answer specific questions at times.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Want to lose your faith in corporate but have a variety of cable tv options? This is the role for you!

Apr 20, 2021 - Digital Care Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are stellar and include premium health insurance, deeply discounted services, and ample PTO.

Cons

When the pandemic hit, mid-management level leadership took the opportunity to give an ultimatum: take on a new role with 5x the work for a 2% raise or submit a voluntary resignation when they were eliminating the original role. When asked if we were able to negotiate pay, we were denied. They gave us the ‘offer letter’ a day before it was due. When I brought up the unfair practices to leadership, I was told that I should be grateful for being offered a ‘raise’ and the opportunity to keep my health insurance...in the first month of quarantine. Also managers will take ideas you share with them in good faith and take credit when they share them with higher leadership. This team was seen as the ‘elite customer service group’ for the entire customer experience organization, but due to new leadership and cost cutting practices, they are now a digital call center.

Content Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We’re so sorry you didn’t have the best experience and would like to gather some more information. Please feel free to email us at: comcast_careers@comcast.com and someone will follow up with you.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

No work life balance. No job security. Some upper leadership gets away playing favorites.

Mar 22, 2021 - Customer Care Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, stock option program, Employee Resource Groups

Cons

Salary leaders you will work at least 60 hours a week on a salary. With everyone permanently remote now, 60 may become 70. Some agents will make more money than you so be in it for the leadership and not the pay. No work life balance whatsoever as a leader. You'll get it both barrels if you call out sick. Vacations should be planned in January and not throughout the year. Comcast claims to be big into diversity but they use that mission statement to impress the shareholders. Many leaders could care less if you're minority or gay or a veteran.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10,677 Reviews