Comcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2018
1,967 Interview Reviews

2.6

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast in May 2018.

Interview

Had a phone screen scheduled by Recruiting team member. Lasted about 5 minutes though it was scheduled for half hour. I was disappointed after the call, as I expected the me to judge on Technical or HR questions.

Comm Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (New York, NY).

Interview

I received an email from a manager at comcast regarding my resume on Indeed.com on March 14th asking if I was interested in the installation technician position. I immediately applied the next day. Literally the next day I got a call to set up a phone interview. At the time I didnt know what to expect, especially the number they were calling from so i missed their call. I called back and left a voicemail. So I got in contact with with someone on the 20th and there I had my phone interview. I also was given the link to take the assessment. I took my assessment on the 21st and on the 27th i received my email for an interview. The interview was set for the 30th, and on that day was a slideshow presentation on the company's history, employee benefits and so on. Had a look a the company vehicle and then came the face to face interview. After the interview, i was escorted out if the building and some supervisors were praising me for my spectacular knowledge of the company before i set foot in it. On April 3 was when I received the email stating I was selected as a final candidate and the offer of the job would be contingent passing the drug and background check. I did everything the next day and on the 11th I received an email stating my background and drug test is complete. Now I am waiting for them to tell me when I start class.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Leadership Role - Viper Denver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Denver, CO).

Interview

Tips for the next person - If you want to get the job, do these things:

1. Your resume should be very technically focused. A number of people during the interview process said "We only hire very smart people". Yes, This should be the expectation, but what they really meant was that smart = technical. Which was reinforced by countless technical questions that seemed to be purposely vague to see how much you know. This behavior is expected in a purely technical role. This interview was a very senior leadership role.

2. During the initial screening with HR/recruiter, you want to be humble, honest and kind. Again, this should be the norm, but keep reading. Once you get a face to face, you need to be the same humble, honest, kind person with potential staff, and then with peers you need to bring your arrogance. I literally had more years of experience in this exact job than the peer interviewers, plus more patents, and the highest degree of anyone in the room. Yet still the peers came in hot and tried to pull me down verbally with their vague technical questions. I mistakenly continued to be humble, open and honest and that was the killer of the interview for me.

Now, here are my tips for Comcast.

1. You have a staff morale problem in Viper - Denver. Your inability to lead, keep prioritization remotely consistent, motivate, and protect the staff is obvious to them. You're going to have a turn-over problem in 6-12 months. I was told as much directly by staff. I would have told you this directly, except when I asked for feedback on myself after the interview you ignored me.

2. The culture in Comcast corp. like any big company comes along with politics. You saying to me over and over again "We only hire really smart people" and meaning "we only hire people who are very technical and we equate that with smart" is short sighted. Over the years I have seen Denver Comcast teams take this same exact approach in thinking they can simply get by on their intelligence alone. All of those groups have been broken up by Comcast corp. So, either keep touching the hot stove and expect a different result or,,, get smart.

Interview Questions

• Comcast - Pick any technical question and leave out a few key points. Then when the person being interviewed asks clarifying questions, just repeat the question at least 3-4 times. Be as condescending as possible so it puts the person in a defensive position.   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Interview

Why do you wanna work for Comcast what is your goal are u available to work weekends and holidays how can you improve are customers service have you work for Comcast before

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Applied through a referral and through LinkedIn. Got an email to schedule interview with an out of state recruiter. Second interview scheduled with the director after 3 weeks of follow up. Director spoke to me for about 30 minutes; no questions were asked. When I asked if he had any questions for me, he would schedule another interview with questions later. After 5 weeks of follow up, I never heard back.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comcast (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

My hiring process took a little longer because I was working another job at the time. However the paper was simple and clear and took maybe an hr or two of time to do if you actually have the time to sit down and do everything they want in one sitting.

Virtual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was a process . LITERALLY Applied online then was selected to complete once passed then had to submit to a 5 question webinar describing my experience

Interview Questions

• They typical questions tell me a little about yourself. Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role. Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2018.

Interview

Day one I spoke with an internal recruiter. Later that same day me made arrangements to talk with the manager the next day. About a week later I was called back WITH AN OFFER!

Business Intelligence Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Marietta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Initially given a chance to interview with Comcast with Caluclated Hire. Great company, however Comcast is looking for employees that will work forever and day. The don't expect a schedule or any rigid process.

Interview Questions

• No real questions to deliver on as the questions were not standard questions.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Applied online and received an email invite for a phone screen the following day.
    Although I did not get moved to the next round due to lack of experience, the recruiter that I spoke with was extremely honest and professional. I cannot begin to express how much I dislike the waiting game and this is the first experience that I have had where the recruiter responded to my check in following an interview. She explained that they were moving forward and told me why. It was not a general email template. I truly respect this company even more for this experience and I will try again at another time.

Interview Questions

• What caught your interest about Comcast?   1 Answer