Comcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Comcast Interview Questions

Interviews at Comcast

2,312 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Easy interview. Asked basic interview questions and gave me a pen and told me pitch a sell on spot. There were about 4 people in the room all asking questions,

Interview Questions

Interview

I first had a phone conversation with a recruiter and she gave me advice for preparing for the interview. Then I had a one hour Skype interview with the hiring manager and a member of the team.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions about my experience and my abilities. I was asked a to define a industry terms as well, for example: What does the acronym 'KISS' stand for.   Answer Question

Principal iOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2020.

Interview

An initial video interview by the hiring manager, was asked to a do a small coding test. Then 4 more 45 min/1 hour video interviews with 2 people on each call (this part would normally be done in person). One of interviews was a coding test, asked to build a small iOS app.

Interview Questions

• Many questions related to my experience in building mobile apps, as well as server side understanding. Questions related to working out conflicts.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

The contacted me first. I accepted the job application. Then after 2 months, I just got a response two days ago saying Theyve moved on with the process and stopped the hiring process due to covid

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Not too hard but came in very prepared, researched anything and everything. Had three interviews and was contacted after the third. Would recommend doing a lot of research and having examples of how you achieved certain things during other experiences that relate to the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

HR screening, final round hour-long conversation. Really conversational, but had to know your stuff (e.g do a ton of company and product research - you know the product in advance - and be able to have an intelligent current-events focused conversation on it)

Telesales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

There was a Phone interview first, then an in person interview where you answered questions as a group, then one on one. Overall an average interview experience. Would recommend applying if customer service is a strong suit

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

You get a phone interview and assessment first when applying to Comcast. They got back to me the next day with the assessment. I have yet to take it as I am still deciding.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Centennial, CO).

Interview

Comcast has severe brand problems with hiring.

*Only 1/15 applications will even get an updated application status in their HR system. Most of the time they show as received, and are never updated after... FOR YEARS. This is not a joke, applications remain open for years without completion (I've moved through a company and been back before some were closed). How hard is it to flip the application to "Decline to Hire" and press save, so that one of your canned responses is sent out?
         *Side note: For a company that prides itself on "responsiveness" and "collaboration", you can't be bothered to respond to applicants, and no one is addressing that your applicants go weeks/months without a reply, which should be a metric of "good service" within HR.

* Comcast will put under or lesser-qualified candidates into position before they will hire an external. I've been bluntly told as much by existing employees, and personally witnessed an entry-level employee placed into a mid-senior managerial role with less than one year of prior manager experience, versus better-qualified candidates. They love taking retail store employees and turning them into salaried analysts and filling professional job positions that require 2-3 years of experience (per Comcast hiring requirements) - unless you're internal.

* Comcast is ABSOLUTELY a company to post job openings, when the selected internal hire has been pre-determined. When the internal employees know the internal candidate for a hire, later put into the position, before the job position EVEN HITS THE JOB BOARD, it's obvious. It's also not legal in Colorado.

* Your HR application system eats data (wipes it out permanently) when accessed from a mobile device. This results in applicants having to spend H-O-U-R-S refilling out the application paperwork just to be in the running for a job at your company. There's a few positions I've applied to in your company that would have resulted in this being fixed.

* The company recruits for positions it doesn't always need or doesn't know it will not need. Someone isn't doing their due diligence. I’ve had multiple positions cancelled post-interview.

*They do NOT pay better than market average. If you ask for more, you will almost certainly be denied the position. If you negotiate, their go-to is to sell you on table stakes benefits you get day 1 regardless. They go to great lengths not to raise base above mid-point. If you want average employees, pay average salary. There's a reason many employees run rotations between Comcast, DISH, Spectrum.

*Comcast supposedly has worked hard to overcome its past reputation, but I see ghosts of old "you're not privileged enough to work here" mentality alive and well in Colorado.

*You will get NO feedback if declined on the deciding factor you did not possess. This means you can’t improve yourself to become more desirable to Comcast in the future. If they won't develop someone off the street by spending 2 minutes of time in, imagine being an employee who needs development.

* Many recruiters aren't qualified. When you're running your own interview as the recruiter doesn't know what to ask, there's a problem.

* Multi-week response times. If you're lucky enough to actually get a call or email from this company, it will be somewhere between 3-5 weeks from application. God help you if you're out of work, or interviewing elsewhere. Another company will screen, interview, and offer before Comcast schedules a phone screen. If Comcast is your preferred company, you're screwed before you start.

* They LOVE requiring advanced degrees/certs for the same positions they pay average or sub-par salaries for. Prosci, PMP, MBA, CISSP, CPA...

* Referrals on external candidates mean virtually nothing. Someone gave an HR breakdown that best case it accounts for 10% of consideration to the applicant.

* Comcast thinks everything is a transferable skill. 10 yrs experience, certifications, demonstrated results. They claim hiring on personality is more important than hiring on qualification. This conveniently permits subjective hiring decisions.

Your applicants are also ambassadors of your brand as much as your current/former customers are. You have 150k+ employees, $100B in business, but your HR reps can't even close out applications, and your HR managers check on why?

Comcast may be the best offer to a candidate, but it doesn't matter if the candidate needs work now; they can’t wait on Comcast. This leaves people who might want to work here, landing elsewhere out of necessity. Be more objective, monitor your systems/people and be transparent about positions (particularly pay, which effective 1/1/2021 you're required to post bands publicly for all positions in Colorado - yes, your applicants are versed in such things.) Try harder than you are today.

I just wish I were an actual Comcast employee today. I'd put this all into your eNPS system.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time... Standard STAR behavioral question.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

I did a phone interview first, followed by a few online assessments and then an in person interview a week or so later with the manager, and immediately following that, and interview with the branch manager.