Comcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,990 Interview Reviews

2.6

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Voorhees, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a pretty generic interview, they asked you to do some small assessment test on paper and followed it up by asking reviews of the answers you placed down. Most were generic computer/I.T. questions along with common sense questions. It a very simple interview if you knew the basics or were savvy enough in that field, even though you won't apply those answers you put down at the actual job itself. It took about an hour and a half. I received the offer for the job 2 days later.

Communications Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Tallahassee, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and asked to take an online assessment, which was extremely easy. A recruiter from corporate scheduled me for an interview with the local Comcast office. I was interviewed by the supervisor for the position and went through a series of questions, lasting about 40 minutes. The questions are simple evolving around the position, customer service and installation. After the interview, I was told that I would be contacted about the process. It has been over a month and I never have been contacted, not even an email.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an upset customer and remedy the situation. Why do you want to work for Comcast.   Answer Question

Communications Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

During the interviewing process, you are asked to complete a basic math test, and problem solving test. Upon completion of the test you must undergo a brief 1 on 1 interview with an active supervisor.

Interview Questions

• there were no unexpected questions, there is simply a test and skills assesment. The interview is only to make certain that you can perform the required tasks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The was no negotiating as I did not have any skills, all applicants are paid the same $12.00 wage.

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Murfreesboro, TN) in October 2008.

Interview

Cattle call to fill out application followed by a 5 minute interview.
    Returned two days later to do a math and language test.
    Scheduled a 1 on 1 interview with a front line supervisor within 4 days.
    Sent to take a drug test later that day.
    Started training about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Where do you expect to be working in one year.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is non negotiable for that position.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

applied two months before they called and process was smooth.

Negotiation

No, be ready to accept overtime

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not that bad. Their recruiting department aggressively pursued me for a job and they knew they could not pay a rate that my education and experience is worth. The only way I could get them to stop contacting me is to accept an interview. This was a major waste of time for both me and also the managers who were conducting the interview!

This just proves that Comcast has no respect for its own employees or potential employees and they never have respect for their customers!

Interview Questions

• Their questions were the standard "tell me about a time when.....?"   Answer Question

Communications Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Went through 1 phone interview. Basic questions that I was able to answer. Never know what you will get from the interviewer, so have an open mind and be ready.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Richmond, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Comcast uses the behavioral interview for most entry level positions commonly in a 2 step process 1) the HR recruiter over the phone normally a very basic short list of questions geared to pair your resume with the job description. 2) is the actual interview with the supervisors & these are very specific situation question meant to see your response, most technical questions are used mainly to gauge your work experience or to clarify something on your resume.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had a conflict with co worker and what did you do to resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

salaries are already set there is little to no wiggle room to negotiate

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast in June 2013.

Interview

Comcast HR emailed me and setup appointment to get interview by the phone. They called on time on the appoitmnet time that you have setup. First they will tell your hour pay rate. They ask question about why you want the job. They also made a scenario and answer how to solve the problem through just talking from the phone. They will emailed us back if they accepted us. If no email answer within 14 days, then you didn;t get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Phila, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy going. Not too much pressure to prove that you can handle the work. Must work nights/weekends. Upfront with what is expected. Asked if you would have issues with overtime. Notified with offer days after interview

Interview Questions

• Can you work nights and Weekends   1 Answer