DMI Reviews | Glassdoor

DMI Reviews

Updated 16 Oct 2019

3.6
DMI CEO Jay Sunny Bajaj (no image)
Jay Sunny Bajaj
Pros
  • "DMI is a people company that invest in its employees, cultivates new ideas and drives innovation(in 32 reviews)

• "As a retired Army Officer, I enjoy the work environment, teamwork and the excellent morale of the employees(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "None; DMI is one of the best companies, I have had the opportunity to be a prat of(in 42 reviews)

• "More needs to be done for work life balance(in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work@!"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at DMI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very employee-centric Great benefits People are great Company is community minded

Cons

Sometimes job satisfaction depends on the direct line management of the contract, which may not be great.

Advice to Management

Strengthen direct contact between senior management (corp.) and employees on contract.

DMI2019-07-22

DMI Response

August 5, 2019VP, Global Employee Resources

Thank you for this feedback it is helpful. As I have mentioned in past responses, we are actively addressing communication at all levels within DMI to help employees receive accurate updates. We will continue to review and enhance our benefits where we can, find ways to be involved in our local communities and hire candidates that identify with DMI Core Values. We will continue to work hard to remain a 5 star company in your eyes!

"It's contracting, plain and simple"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Washington, DC

I have been working at DMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

My position was very hands off, the company got a contracted, I worked it, as long as the customer was happy, they were happy

Cons

Very impersonal, but that's contracting for you

DMI2019-10-03
  3. "A couple years in"

Current Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DMI full-time

Pros

Strong Consulting firms that develops and supports a vast catalog of services from App Dev, Business Consulting, Mobile Development, Data Analytics/Science

Cons

Enterprise Sales doesn't support all divisions equally. Many layers of management.

Advice to Management

As a large corporation, with many layers of management, and a desire to go public, don't forget people are your greatest asset.

DMI2019-09-03
  4. "Decent Pay, Other Experiences Will Vary"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I have been working at DMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is more or less inline with most of the Indianapolis area. You can potentially work on some really interesting projects.

Cons

Your experience will vary widely based on client. If you are at a client near the offices in Carmel they it will likely be a good experience. If you're at a client not near the offices then it's very variable. A client that doesn't require you to be on-site daily can be beneficial. If you do have to be on site daily you may feel very isolated and left behind by leadership. Additionally there is still a great number... of process issues still two years after DMI acquired Allegient and it makes for an unpleasant experience. Recruiting continues to be a continuous issue. I've referred two friends and they both got "ghosted" by the recruiter. That doesn't bode well.

Advice to Management

1. Transparency, especially for those who can't get to the offices. Clear communication on processes, like promotions, and easy to find information are key! 2. Get your act together. The technology integration post-merger should have already been done. It's a technology consulting company, you have the people to do this work on your pay roll. Processes should have already been aligned as well by now. Employees are... getting whiplash. 3. Fix the management system. Managers need time to manage and should get an automatic pay raise when they become a manager. More work should mean more guaranteed pay. Not the promise of bonuses 4. Fix the recruiting staff. They can't seem to get back to candidates, so they either need a new system to work out of or more people. Something is wrong.

DMI2019-09-16

"It was nice while it lasted."

I worked at DMI full-time

Pros

As one of the team members on one of the 4 or 5 companies DMI acquired back in 2014, the first few years of growth were great. Everyone was seemingly on board across the company with giving everyone the opportunity to grow within the organization, communication was as transparent as it could be in an organization of that size, and we were taking on new clients that we may not have had the opportunity to get... otherwise. Depending on the office and division you work for, the experiences will vary and I was one of the lucky ones that got to do cool work, surrounded by dedicated and collaborative teammates, and supportive middle management willing to help me learn and grow. If you like company-sponsored quarterly events, DMI has them with an annual summer picnic, Oktoberfest, Holiday/Awards party where they recognize employee accomplishments every year, and Tech Chef. I didn't work at HQ so I didn't always attend, but it's a nice perk regardless.

Cons

Unfortunately, as DMI continued to grow, that transparent communication got lost in the noise. New management members would get announced without clear explanation as to what their roles were or how it would impact the organization. It seemed like we were only growing at the top and not bringing in team members to do the work. Work/Life balance truly depends on which office you are in and what your job/role is. I... hear it was better in some offices than others but at the end of the day, it's an agency and working late is unfortunately the norm at DMI and everywhere. The benefits played a huge role in my decision to depart. The health insurance offered is extremely expensive, and I was only paying for myself and a spouse. It also didn't cover a lot, we were paying a lot out of pocket on top of paying hundreds every month for coverage. There is no paid family leave, which is a benefit offered at all of DMI's competitors both at the local level and national level. PTO is generous and I liked that it is combined sick and personal leave, but you could not roll it over year over year. Ultimately I wanted to continue to learn and grow beyond the position I was in and even though I was getting support at office management level, I felt as though it wasn't able to go any further in the organization. Through thorough research, I also learned I was underpaid for the position and duties I had. Ultimately there wasn't anything I could do here, as right around the time that I was discovering this a significant portion of the staff was laid off and I knew there would be no leg to stand on as far as asking for more money.

Advice to Management

Listen to some of the management of the companies you acquire to continue to improve the organization. During my exit interview, I was told that the attitude of management is to tell these new DMI employees that "your company was bought, so your former policies and procedures need to conform to DMI's" which is such a toxic attitude. None of those employees signed on to be DMI employees. And there could be a lot of... opportunities to improve the company or be more innovative if instead of just forcing everyone to adapt, everyone adapted together.

DMI2019-08-29

"Going downhill with no direction"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at DMI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People who have already left or in the process of leaving

Cons

Right now everything. No real direction. Rampant firing or people leaving after few months even.

Advice to Management

Stop trying so hard to just cook the books to show revenue/profit. Invest in people and revenue/profit will come with it.Taking every operation overseas will not help drive down cost.

DMI2019-09-17
  7. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Wish Not to Share

I have been working at DMI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Upper Management does show they care for the employees, they offer great benefits and opportunities for career development.

Cons

More needs to be done for work life balance

Advice to Management

Some upper management need to remember when the work hours are over the employee should get the opportunity to unplug and enjoy life.

DMI2019-08-09
  8. "Pretty good place"

Current Employee - .NET Architect in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at DMI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are good. Direct managers are very helpful.

Cons

Can be difficult to take all paid time off due to customer needs. Bad policy that all accrued paid time off is lost when leaving company, even if laid off.

Advice to Management

Paid all the accrued paid time off when someone leaves the company.

DMI2019-08-09
  9. "Good Employer"

Current Employee - Unix Systems Administrator in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at DMI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Senior management does not micromanage. Company offers solid benefits and wins contracts. Great culture. Military friendly.

Cons

I have no negatives to report.

DMI2019-07-31

DMI Response

August 5, 2019VP, Global Employee Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review DMI. Hiring members of the military both Active and VETS is a focus for us especially with our Federal contracts. DMI ensure we support our military team members throughout their time with us and ensure we provide any assistance we can to include enhancing our current benefit offerings for 2020! Be on the lookout for new benefits in 2020.

"Dishonest and Toxic"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at DMI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get a paycheck By and large they have good employees (sadly this is overshadowed by inept leaders, toxic culture and 0 company direction)

Cons

Where to begin. If someone were to write a book about how to successfully torpedo a company, DMI would be the perfect case study. -Unprofessional, ineffective and inept executive leaders -honesty and integrity do not exist here, especially at the executive level -toxic cut throat corporate culture -losing work at a rapid pace and not replacing it with new wins -revenue is in free fall -the good leaders they... have , are leaving in droves -fractured relationships with customers and partners -work life balance does not exist here -no company direction, they can't figure out what they want to do or what they're good at and because of that, they aren't particularly good at anything they try to do.

Advice to Management

None and even if I did, they wouldn't listen to it, which is why they find themselves in the position they are currently in. They don't and never will listen to their employees because they don't value their employees.

DMI2019-08-29