Dynetics Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Dynetics CEO David King
David King

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • One of the best aspects of the company is the value they put on the employee's work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Friendly work environment, employee owned, good management, great benefits (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • One of the first things you notice when walking around is every TV is tuned to Fox News (in 3 reviews)

• Dynetics does not know how to sell itself, the concept of marketing is all but completely lost on the entire senior management team (in 3 reviews)

1. "Maser Black Belt"

I have been working at Dynetics full-time

Pros

Great team of professionals, focused on delivering best business solutions to achieve customers' success.

Cons

I really enjoyed all aspects of the company and do not have any cons to point out at this moment.

Advice to Management

Continue all best practices for employees and customers' success.

"Great mid size company with larger company benefits."

Current Employee - Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Dynetics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynetics as a whole is a great company doing some interesting work. One of the best aspects of the company is the value they put on the employee's work/life balance. They have a great benefit structure and every employee is part owners of the company (ESOP). The outlook for current and future work looks great.

Access to talking with upper management is easy, and most of the upper management are engineers so they understand the technical details about projects. Some departments management might be different, but from my experience micromanagement on projects does not exist.

The company also promotes an individuals continuing education. They will pay for your higher education and have an internal program that is taught by subject matter experts from the company on different topics.

Cons

Being in the middle of the Bible Belt most people at the company are very conservative. One of the first things you notice when walking around is every TV is tuned to Fox News. Since we do interviews with people from all over the country and have customers of different types, this could be off-putting for some.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees on their concerns. You done a great job when the personal paid leave change happened to reverse some of the rules when employees voiced their opinions.

How great would it be to eat lunch one our take a break while watching cartoons or something uplifting? Maybe change some of the TV sets to other programming.

3. "Great Company"

I have been working at Dynetics full-time

Pros

Great culture and leadership, good benefits.

Cons

Growing pains, difficulty making hard decisions

4. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Dynetics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employee development opportunities. Interesting work. Generous retirement contributions. Brilliant coworkers. It's a place you can go to work on and solve hard problems.

Cons

Very slow vesting schedule. Despite EDP careers tracks and paths for advancement can be a bit confusing. As the early employees retire there is some concern as to whether the company culture will remain the same.

Advice to Management

Try to keep the small company culture alive as long as possible. Try not to bring PPL and other benefits down to the level of the competition if it can be avoid.

Jun 20, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

We are working to improve our career paths for all of our employees. We take great pride in our Benefit program for our employees.

5. "Great Growing Company"

Current Employee - Software Analyst in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Software Analyst in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Dynetics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Treats employees very well, works hard to retain employees and maintain a low turnover.

Invests in employees, with free/assisted training/tuition to aid in personal development.

Works to ensure employees are in a position to succeed, and on a career path that they enjoy.

Great benefits (stock options, flex time, competitive paid time off)

Growing at a steady rate and in a good position to expand.

Cons

Has a definite conservative and religious culture. Not overpowering, and not a bad thing if you happen to be of a like mindset, but can be exclusive to others in some cases.

Advice to Management

Continue to do a great job investing in your employees and there well-being. Consider toning down some of the more conservative/religious cultural attitudes to be more inclusive of all current and potential employees.

Jun 20, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review and highlighting all that we strive to maintain for our employees!

6. "Company Culture is on point"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Dynetics full-time

Pros

Company respects family and values your time - They go out of their way to make sure the employees are able to be creative. The company is an ESOP and therefore everyone is engaged in making sure we do well.

Cons

Salaries are lower than some places due to staying competitive in government contracting - but they more than make up for it in benefits and job security.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I look forward to seeing the continued growth of the company.

"Review"

I have been working at Dynetics full-time

Pros

Friendly work environment, focus on continuing education

Cons

Not a lot of vacation time

8. "Intern"

Pros

-Great Company
    -Great Values
    -Quality Work

Cons

-Transition Period
    -It is easy to be lost in the shuffle if you are not an engineer.

Mar 9, 2017 – HR Assistant

Thank you for reviewing Dynetics! We are very proud of our intern program and are happy that you are a part of it!

9. "A Great, Mid-Sized, Employee-Owned, Engineering Firm"

I have been working at Dynetics full-time

Pros

A great corporate culture that feels more like family than work.

Cons

Moving up in the company can be a long-term endeavor due to high employee retention and emphasis on organic growth.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the small-company feel and service leadership culture.

Mar 9, 2017 – HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback! Our culture is something that we hold dear to us. Thank you for being a part of our great company and adding to our family-like culture. We... More

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Dynetics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Above industry-level benefits
    2. Excellent organizational culture
    3. Great work-life balance
    4. Very ethical and professional people
    5. Company hires people for what they bring to the company (long term) not for what the contract position requires (short term)
    6. Company offers regular (monthly) life-coaching seminars.
    7. In-house nurse is a very convenient benefit.
    8. Excellent HR and accounting folks and processes
    9. This place is nirvana if you are an engineer.Lots of places to move around and try new things.

Cons

1. Because of the industry the company is in, the company is prone to the ebb and flow of the budget issues in the DoD. People scramble when the contract ends and there is no follow-on contract. There is no 'overhead' that can cover people while waiting. This causes a lot of anxiety and frustration when a contract ends - and there is no follow-on contract. The second result is people begin to look elsewhere.
    2. Some people (minority) complain too much when they 'loose' certain benefits. They need to count their blessings.

Advice to Management

1. Invest in more 'skunkworks' like what Lockheed does.
    2. Expand in other things (non-DoD) but do realize that commercial companies have a different product lifecycle - hence, the ebb-and-flow is not the same as the federal space.
    3. Expand in other geographical locations where other contracts are located. Don't overly focus on the local customer.
    4. Do something to address the ebb and flow (in between contracts). This causes very smart people to feel anxious and leave the company.
    5. Need to aggressively reach out and recruit from other universities.
    6. Don't make all complaints actionable items. Listen but you don't have to act on them (at least right away). Let the other employees see the big picture.

Feb 2, 2017 – HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to review our company! We are always glad to hear that our employees view us in a positive light. We appreciate your feedback and your advice. We are always working to... More