Elementum Reviews | Glassdoor

Elementum CEO Nader Mikhail
Nader Mikhail

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Not an environment for someone who is not adaptable and cannot keep up with fast-paced environment" (in 9 reviews)

• "Growing pains, recruiting is happening fast and they need to catch up with getting more space, and organize onboarding" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Stay away"

Pros

Good location, the office is close to the freeway exit, free lunch

Cons

The company doesn't really have a real product, it's all smoke. The customer churn is really high, and they are having trouble find new customers. It's not really a start-up, it's owned by Flextronics. Hire and fire culture, there were several lay offs this year.

2. "Marketing"

I have been working at Elementum full-time

Pros

- Great amenities & benefits programs
    - Fast paced, autonomous work environment
    - Management is down to earth

Cons

- Office noise can sometimes get too loud to work in

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elementum full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great business opportunity. Senior Management is helpful and listens.

Cons

Need to stabilise the company and software, and decide the correct path forward.

Advice to Management

Need to have a good directions and stick to it. Also stay in front of the operations needs and software.

"Great culture, but more to be desired"

I worked at Elementum full-time

Pros

Amazing culture! I loved everyone I worked with. People are smart, engaging, open minded. One of the best and smartest bunch I have ever had the privilege to work with! So much fun too! The mgmt team has no idea how awesome their team is and that literally other startups don't have this level of talent.

Cons

The push to micromanage everything has gone to an extreme, where teams are spending more time crunching data and not on valuable activities that actually drive business results. If mgmt would stop and smell the roses, the company could have the potential to do really well.

Advice to Management

Nader, you need to be more authentic, as this is when you shine. Stop listening to people that are only there to tell you what you want to hear! Listen to your own gut feeling and let people do what you hired them for. You have way too many smart people that adore you, but they will eventually leave if you continue this.

"Beware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Elementum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free meals, activity area, snacks, open bar, gym membership, and full benefits. Good engineers, design, and onboarding

Cons

Their software solution can't actually do what it claims, it does not integrate with enterprise solutions that all large companies us (e.g., Kinaxis, SAP, Oracle, Manhattan, etc), it is not a true cloud solution (more like a SaaS) using standard API/microservices, and even though they are hard-working, most (if not all) of the engineering & product teams LACK actual supply chain operational experience (e.g., pp, procurement, S&OP, logistics, WH, inventory management, O2C or P2P integration, etc) which means they have no business making the assumptions they do about how their clients can benefit - arrogance to tell mature manufacturing clients how to run their businesses when they don't even know basic supply chain concepts or how they actually operate.

Their solution (at best) is a notification service that cannot manage, perform, or accurately analyze any of the operational functions that any supply chain operation would run (e.g., PP, P2P, O2C, logistics, WH, or 3PL). Credibility or product veracity would not be a significant issue if leadership actually had some supply chain operational experience or respected those who do.

This company is a typical silicon-valley startup lacking real supply chain knowledge or solution-delivery experience. In a word, vaporware ... a very valid reason why the few clients they've signed up promptly cancelled ... red flags went wild during my interviewing process even though I really wanted to believe that they could evolve and learn from those they hired with real-world experience.

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO with more than just a salesman schtick; preferably one who has real experience in the supply chain, manufacturing, AND software industries that can help drive meaningful relationships.

Develop a tech stack that synchronously integrates to enterprise platforms (ERP, PP, S&OP, SNP, WHM, LM, TM, 3/4PL), most commonly used by manufacturers...and if you don't know who they are or what these functions best to integrate to, you have no business leading product development, engineering, or a software startup company that cater to them ... hire someone who actually does because bigger clients smell BS a mile away

6. "Awesome team!"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elementum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great teammates, smart, hard-working, and super-helpful to newbies like me!

Cons

Not enough dogs in the office these days.

Advice to Management

Build teamwork by sending more employees from MV to BA and vice versa!

7. "Impressed with the transparency"

I have been working at Elementum full-time

Pros

I've been at several companies before this one, and I've never had the exec team share the presentation they make to the Board of Directors with the whole company. Shows a lot of trust in the employees.

Cons

Internal communications & documentation is very weak. No one seems to actually own this.

Advice to Management

We have too many employees and offices to have so much adhoc collaboration. Need more structured internal communications.

8. "Great company, awesome culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elementum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People on my team have gone out of their way to help me get up to speed and be productive right away

Public celebration of accomplishments -- I've never seen so many promotions announced at an all-company all-hands

Cons

My manager has been super busy so I haven't gotten a lot of feedback from him, but like I said above, a lot of the other people on the team have been super helpful

Advice to Management

More details about the business trajectory please!

"Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elementum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Amazing, supportive team
    -Challenging technical problems (biggest graph data volumes I've seen)
    -Dogs in the office!!

Cons

-Internal collab systems too fragmented (gmail/gchat, slack, trello, jira, wiki, google sites intranet, salesforce, reflektive?)

Advice to Management

Better onboarding and a single internal company collab platform so everyone can interact in one place

"Fast-Paced, Challenging & Rewarding"

I have been working at Elementum full-time

Pros

-Fast-paced
    -Lots of interesting challenges to work on = Opportunity for those willing to take advantage
    -Unique positioning
    -Smart, fun, hard-working colleagues
    -Exposure to +tools/tech, catered lunch/dinner, unlimited PTO, flexible work schedule

Cons

-Onboarding is informal and a bit too fast-paced, but peers are always willing to jump in and help
    -Meeting heavy
    -Working through some growing pains

Advice to Management

-Continue to be open to feedback, listening at all levels
    -Invest in strong mid-level management as we grow