Elementum Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Elementum CEO Nader Mikhail
Nader Mikhail

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I can make a big difference in increasing supply chain performance while lessening human environmental impact (in 24 reviews)

• Great people, awesome product vision and technology direction (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast paced- company going through massive growth :) (in 7 reviews)

• Growing pains, recruiting is happening fast and they need to catch up with getting more space, and organize onboarding (in 5 reviews)

"Great startup!"

I have been working at Elementum full-time

Pros

* Honest management, open to feedback, willing to admit mistakes and make hard decisions for the success of the company
    * Everyone on my team is smart, hardworking, supportive, and humble

Cons

Some hiring managers/recruiters are not upfront enough that this is a startup, and people who are more concerned with what the company will do for them, than with what they can bring to the table are NOT a good fit!

Advice to Management

Ignore the whiners and victims (and do a better job of not hiring as many!)

"Great potential, some ways to go"

I have been working at Elementum full-time

Pros

Good set of customers, and solid sales pipeline. Industry ripe for disruption. Decent product strategy -- until recently. Well funded, well connected, high power board. Great food and convenient location near highway.

Cons

Surprisingly political for a company this small. Doesn't feel like a startup, feels more like an older, larger company. Factions, back biting, leaders making top-down random decisions with little transparency. Engineering drives product direction almost entirely, product management very weak.

Advice to Management

Pick a strategy, almost any strategy will do, and stick to it for at least 2 quarters. Stop chasing squirrels.

"Decide for yourself if it is a right fit"

I worked at Elementum full-time

Pros

- welcomes fresh grads and college interns, good start for your career
    - fun environment with all the unthinkable perks you can find in the valley

Cons

Turbulent environment:
    - people are hired and let go with the speed of light
    - when people are let go no one says why, it feels like the leadership should own their decisions (and related communications) and not pretend that nobody noticed some people are missing all the sudden

"Making the right calls"

Pros

After growing 3x in 2017, it was clear that the processes across the company needed to mature. It’s starting to improve across the board.

The focus on Product Availability is awesome. Our focus is all about helping the biggest brands in the world to deliver a world-class customer experience. Right product, right time, right place, right quantity. It’s powerful.

Cons

Every team hired a lot of people last year and it was obvious that some people weren’t pulling their weight or weren’t scaling with the company. That resulted in a dozen or so people being let go recently. I credit the managers with making the tough calls because it shows that performance is valued.

Advice to Management

Maintain the open and transparent culture even as we grow. That’s what keeps us working hard, yet having fun. It’s the special thing about Elementum.

"Still the best culture & upside opportunity in the valley!"

I have been working at Elementum full-time

Pros

1) I've been at two established companies and three startups before and Elementum has the best culture and people, hands down. Talented people who work hard, help each other out, and don't take themselves too seriously -- just check out their glassdoor awards vids

2) This isn't another mobile phone game startup. Elementum is going after a multi-trillion dollar opportunity and has heavy-hitting investors and board that get us connected with C-level executives at Fortune 1000 companies. Almost all of our customers have signed multi-year, multi-million-dollar deals.

Cons

We grew too fast in 2017, and hired too many people. And some of those people aren't right for startup/early scale companies. If you care mostly about stability, mature processes and infrastructure, please do NOT join a startup!

Advice to Management

Don't waste time with entitled whiners, focus on supporting/empowering employees who are motivated and hungry to prove/improve themselves!

6. "I wanted bold and that's what I got"

I have been working at Elementum full-time

Pros

Elementum is going to drive the world's autonomous supply chain. I love the bold vision, and I've learned to appreciate the relentless effort to get there.

I've had more personal impact at Elementum than any place before. They really reward innovative thinking and bold ideas. "Act like an owner" is a common saying that I've grown to embrace.

The culture is intoxicating. It's this weird mix of light-heartedness with unapologetic intensity. We're doing something for the first time, so we've got to laugh at our own mistakes. At the same time, we're supporting some of the biggest companies in the world. We've got to make them successful!

Cons

It seems like we change course quite a bit. At first this was frustrating, but now I realize it's part of doing something big. If it was easy, someone wold've done it before. I'm really encouraged by the latest focus and traction.

The hours are flexible, but I work A LOT. This is not a 9-5 job.

Advice to Management

Stay focused but stay aggressive. We're on the right path. Let's double-down and go faster!

7. "Momentum"

I have been working at Elementum full-time

Pros

This company is clearly the most exciting in the world of supply chain software, driving successful transformations at G1000 companies that must up-level their games to compete in the world where it’s all about customer experience

Cons

If you have high energy and are fast paced, you’ll thrive in Elementum and come to the office each day fired up.

Advice to Management

Don’t slow down, at all. Customers a hungry for what you offer. If anything double down.

"Great Place to learn"

Pros

Fast paced and challenging environment, with opportunity to try new things.

Cons

Firefighting and lack of processes at this stage are slowing the growth of the company

"Fake Transparency"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Elementum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Free lunches
    -Pets at work
    -Unlimited PTO
    -Some really smart individual contributors and the few left who are still trying to uphold the old culture.

Cons

-Absolutely no transparency from leadership.
    -Had company wide layoffs despite claims of being okay financially.
    -Layoffs ranged from loyal employees who’ve been there since the beginning to new team members.
    -Lack of sales causing budget cuts throughout company. Cuts in benefits, perks and bonus payouts.
    -401K matching changed to VEST per year of employment.
    -Hiring is in a freeze despite having a second and third building “opening” up. Money going down the drain to keep the buildings leased with no new employees to fill.
    -Little to no opportunities for growth.
    -Company writes fake five star reviews to cover up any constructive criticism that pass through.
    -As much as they want to pretend it is, the company culture is no longer what it used to be and is now an environment where employees are afraid if they’ll be in the next batch of people laid off.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending like everything’s okay and own your mistakes.

"This place is a zoo...not a company!"

I worked at Elementum full-time

Pros

-Unlimited PTO
    -Bring your pets to work
    -Catered lunches
    -Some really nice and talented people

Cons

-Product isn’t delivering and customers keep getting upset due to empty promises
    -Upper management is completely inexperienced and it shows
    -Lack of transparency with employees and customers
    -Terrible politics
    -Not much structure within the company and things are always being moved around
    -There are some employees that barely work and are clearly still there because upper management favors them

Advice to Management

-Bring in experienced professionals that actually know how to run a team and company
    -Leadership needs to be honest with customers about what their product can and can’t do
    -Stop with the favoritism & politics
    -Vet out the employees that actually aren’t adding value to the company and bring in more real talent