Elementum Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Elementum CEO Nader Mikhail
Nader Mikhail

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I can make a big difference in increasing supply chain performance while lessening human environmental impact (in 21 reviews)

• Colleagues are smart, and work environment is great (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast paced- company going through massive growth :) (in 5 reviews)

• Growing pains, recruiting is happening fast and they need to catch up with getting more space, and organize onboarding (in 5 reviews)

"Love the culture, great work environment, interesting challenges"

Current Employee - Customer Experience in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Experience in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elementum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is open, goofy, direct from the CEO down. I feel very much at ease here, you can be yourself.
    The company is growing really fast, which provides many opportunities to grow if you are willing to be proactive at solving challenges.
    Dogs in the office and lots of benefits!

Cons

Growth has come at a cost, where roles and workflow has been changing. There is not always the best clarity around the efficient way to do things. The upside is that there is lots of self awareness from management, who are actively working on making things better. They are very open to talk about all and any issue, even in the weekly all hands.

Advice to Management

Focus some more on how to keep everyone coordinated as we grow from small to large.

"Business Transformation Lead"

Former Employee - Business Transformation Lead in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Business Transformation Lead in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Elementum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exciting startup environment with several top-tier customers. the company is filling a unique white space in supply chain. Many highly talented employees.

Cons

The product does not fully deliver on its promise yet. Financial pressure from investors. Employees let go easily without due cause. Pressure from dissatisfied customers causes extraordinary efforts by employees in an unsustainable model. Perhaps this will slow as the product is further enhanced.

Advice to Management

Distinguish between vision and reality when selling. Create clearer guidelines for employee roles. Don't follow a single employee's negative views to judge and release other employees.

3. "Best Place to Work."

I have been working at Elementum full-time

Pros

Amazing leadership team with a fantastic and bright CEO. Great culture, and above market salary which is definitely a plus.

Cons

The place is too noise it is hard to find a quite spot to focus.

Advice to Management

Thanks for always showing us the way to improve ourselves and the amount of time you spend to develop each employee to become great.

4. "Dream Job!"

I have been working at Elementum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team work, team spirit, casual dress, pets are welcome, free food, and we're asked to make things better for the company & clients! The exec team challenges everyone to come up with ways to improve everything that we do and always come to work with a goal to accomplish something. It's refreshing and personally rewarding!

Cons

You gotta have self-discipline with lots of food around ;-)

Advice to Management

Great job!

5. "Great Company"

I have been working at Elementum full-time

Pros

Elementum is the best place I've worked so far! Everyone is very friendly. Good work/life balance. Free lunches and dinners. Dog friendly is a plus.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

6. "Senior Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Elementum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture with manager that care. Company is going through massive growth and we will be continuing that growth in 2018.

Great perks- unlimited vacation, benefits, buffet lunch and 401k match.

Cons

Fast paced- company going through massive growth :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and maintain the company culture as we grow and evolve as a company.

7. "Supply Chain Startup at the Inflection Point, Ramping Engineering"

I have been working at Elementum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since Elementum brought in new senior leadership a little over a year ago the company has landed several very large accounts. This has accelerated the pace of product development as customers see the potential to drive enormous ROI from the platform.

As a result, Elementum is racing to deliver new features and functionality, a drive which has translated into tremendous technical hiring and doubled the size of the company. The company recently brought in a world-class head of engineering, and functional areas across the company are being seeded with experienced talent from SAP, Google, Accenture, and other Silicon Valley heavyweights to develop processes to help the company scale. The combination of deep industry experience and the youthful energy of the younger staff is creating a company that really believes it can build the product graph for supply chain, a la Linked In, Facebook, etc.

Friday afternoon company-wide all hands with the CEO and executive team both keep it fun and demonstrate that the company is maintaining the small company culture even as it grows. The benefits package, while already comprehensive, is in the process of being upgraded even more for FY18 to make sure that Elementum continues to be able to competitively attract top talent.

Cons

The free food for lunch is both a plus and a minus as it frequently translates into eating too much and working through lunch. It would be nice to have an outdoor area to eat lunch in, to give the feeling of actually taking a break and getting fresh air.

Advice to Management

Accelerate the move to the new building to accommodate the rapid hiring planned for FY18.

"wonder how long funding can last"

I worked at Elementum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good office,
    lot of funding available due to generous Flextronics
    Company activity/Sponsored events, food
    Goo tech stack... you can learn lot of cutting-edge technologies

Cons

too much attrition
    Ask them how many VPs left in last 6 years? None of the VP has stayed with company for more than one year
    Each monthly meeting start with asking who has not yet given review with 5 stars
    Too much shouting goes on in dev/pm meetings. CEO has good vision but very poor execution esp because rest of his direct report just hanging around with no real contribution

Advice to Management

CEO .You are one of the smartest person in bay area- hire people who can execute your vision.

9. "Collaborative and engaged team environment"

I have been working at Elementum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never been fortunate to work in such a collaborative environment. Everyone seems genuinely engaged, excited about what we are doing, and willing / wanting to help everyone succeed and thrive. Not only do my own team-members reach out to help me, but people from other teams jump in. What a great feeling.

Other pros:
    - free food
    - catered lunch daily
    - dogs in the office!
    - amazing benefits
    - transparent communication from leadership not only regarding wins and excitement, but also when we have setbacks or challenges ahead
    - access to leadership
    - open work environment

Cons

- growing quickly: space is at a premium, but this also adds to the buzz of excitement in the office
    - goals seem to be a moving target, but this is also part of start-up life

Advice to Management

With space becoming an issue, maybe encourage more flexible schedules or rotating desk shares to reduce crowding.

10. "Better environment than many Bay Area companies w/room for improvement"

I have been working at Elementum full-time

Pros

The leaders here set good examples—they own their decisions and mistakes, and they benevolently push and challenge employees who should be accountable. The majority of coworkers are a joy to work with—smart, patient, and focused on meeting deliverables while staying relatively laidback and lighthearted. This is the culture I was hired into and one that I believe the company wants to perpetuate.

Cons

An increase in senior positions occupied by rigid, micromanagers who do not trust their colleagues to do their jobs and do not pick their battles. A lot of time spent bickering w/senior people over things that do not matter and things a good leader normally delegates.

Advice to Management

My advice to leadership is make sure you acquire talent with technical and professional skills that are diverse and that challenge us, but that are a cultural fit. For their senior roles, Elementum tends to hire people who choose to work remotely. I completely respect that, but it is the remote employees (excluding our Buenos Aires team) who are the most inflexible—they complain that they are left out of the loop or express frustration that Elementum is too unorganized. A solution to this would be to hire more open, flexible seasoned professionals who can handle ambiguity and chaos. There should also be a requirement for remote employees to onboard for a minimum of two weeks straight in Mountain View. Six weeks is ideal. However, at the end of the day, it is the remote employees’ manager and remote employee who should be responsible for their onboarding—expecting everyone else in Mountain View to kiss the ring, cater, and kowtow to their needs when they don’t offer solutions and improvements is unreasonable and creates a hostile work environment, even from afar. The onus should be on the remote employee to bridge those gaps, especially when it is their choice to work remote.