Experis Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Experis President Jonas Prising
Jonas Prising

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is great, they understand that you have a life outside of the office (in 15 reviews)

• Competitive Pay, Good work Environment (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • their is no cons according to me because am new to this (in 15 reviews)

• Slow moving accounts which adds up to little to no commission (in 8 reviews)

1. "Goal Inspired Company - Sound History"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Experis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Goal inspired company with a sound history and solid plan. Clear expectations.
    *As an employee of the company (not a consultant), I enjoy a lot of freedom to exercise my expertise.
    *I am rewarded for performance through recognition and rewards.

Cons

*Training is left to be desired. This is a good company for a professional who is skilled and requires little training.
    *The Benefits are mediocre.

Advice to Management

Invest in all sides of the business and show your internal staff you want them to grow.

2. "Amazing team"

Current Employee - Experis Care in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Experis Care in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Experis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work culture, the team, and the management for Experis care make the work so much fun. The culture is encouraging and somehow the days fly by when you work there!

Cons

The consultants calling/ chatting can be rude sometimes. No benefits .

Advice to Management

You guys are amazing!!! shout out to you for great work!

3. "Good Staffing Company"

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Experis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good number of clients across US and well marketing team

Cons

No Benefits like Medical, Leaves, Relocation support, etc.,

5. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Experis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment and generally good people and managers. easy to make money if you're motivated to do the work. has the backing of a large global company but get the chance to run your own business in a sense. Benefits are OK but good compared to the staffing industry in general.

Cons

Lots of management changes and the starts and stops associated with that. Not enough strategic collaboration amongst different ManpowerGroup business units. a lot of missed opportunities for business growth because of that lack of collaboration. sometimes you can feel like you're on your own island.

Advice to Management

learn how to better collaborate with other Experis branches and ManpowerGroup business units to leverage existing client relationships for more growth across the board.

6. "Steady and Good Company to Work with"

Current Employee - Senior Net Developer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Net Developer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Experis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am Working as Contractor in H1B With Experis,
    Detailed Recruiting Process ,
    Job Guaranty,
    Tons of Experienced people help you out in getting placed in Job as soon your Current Project is done.

Cons

Nothing I found till now :)

7. "Consultant working on a long term project as both administrator and business Analyst"

Current Employee - Program Administrator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Program Administrator in New York, NY

Pros

Recruiter prepared me extremely well for the interview and negotiated salary well. Decent benefits, 401k but no match, Insurance not great but ESPP and commuter benefits

Cons

Not that much follow up and HR is super hard to get to. Not clear on payroll, they will contact you if you possibly overbill but not if you underbill. No OT.

Advice to Management

Engage and listen to your consultants more and offer better health insurance options

8. "Very fair"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Experis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good start on boarding easy

Cons

HR SUPPORT, you have to find people

"DO NOT become a CORE Recruiter!"

Former Employee - Core Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Core Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Experis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Coworkers, excluding management are great. There is a lot of bonding over how awful things are, which, if you think about it is messed up. But it is still there.
    -Cafeteria in HQ is awesome

Cons

-Extreme micromanagement. Depending on who your manager was (when I left there were three of them) this could be not so bad. One of them definitely likes to tell you what hours of the day you should be working on what things, what websites you should be using, what your emails and phone calls should sound and look like, and what search tactics you should be using. Expect to waste a lot of time talking about how you should be doing things rather than actually doing them.
    -THIS IS A CALL CENTER. You will never see your candidates in person, and will likely never even meet some of your coworkers in person. You are expected to hit a certain call metric every day that is IDENTICAL for everyone regardless of what types of roles you are presently working and how "niche" they are.
    -Managers/Leads are often poor communicators and lack leadership skills. In general, promotion is not based on skill but is based on favoritism. I know of one manger who was promoted to their position because they babysat for the right person who was high enough up in the company to pull some strings. Let's just say you don't want to be stuck under them. They lack basic communication skills, and are more concerned with sucking up to their own managers than leading their teams.
    -While the companies you work for are great, the CORE office gets all of the jobs no one at the branch office wants to work. These are generally dead-end positions and you often will not get very far with them.
    -There is favoritism for recruiters too. Those recruiters who management like will often get the "gimme" jobs, while everyone else will be pressured and yelled at for not having enough communications activity and placements.
    -Do not expect to get promoted even if they promise it to you. There were MULTIPLE instances where they promised to promote people and then they neg on the offer AFTER confirming the promotion. I've seen a few reasons why they do this. One is funding based, and they take away the promotion because they don't want to pay for it. Another is favoritism. After deciding to promote someone, they change their minds and promote someone else who they "like" better. Some people were doing the work of team leads without the official title or pay bump, and when they asked for it they were shut down but still expected to to the lead work.
    -You will likely see other reviews on here that discuss the mass firing they did around October 2016. Blindsided all of us, and in general left a dirty taste in the mouth of those of us left employed afterwards. All of what is said about it rings true, but I would like to add something. One of the people in management who had to do all of that firing mentioned something on Facebook to the extent of "not liking to have to lay off that many people" and was promptly FIRED, simply for being a compassionate person. No warning, or request they delete the post. Just fired.
    -If you have children, want to take classes, or need to alter your schedule from they typical 8-5 schedule for any reason, do not expect it to be easy. In the words of my past manager, "those kind of changes are only allowed for high-performing recruiters." Please keep in mind what I said before about favoritism and the inconsistency in metrics I talked about earlier. How "good" you are is the same number for everyone, regardless of your years of experience, or if you are recruiting for a extremely competitive agile coach position, or an entry level desktop support tech, or some random 10/hr exclusive to experis job. OR if you are handed placements rather than actually working to get them.
    -Base salary is not bad, but their commissions scale sucks, and is not comparable to other companies. Additionally, it took FOREVER and a lot of pressure for them to show us how they calculate commission pay, and it really seemed like they did not want us to know.
    -More recently, a number of larger accounts have folded because they have been under-performing. The people on these teams were either let go or pushed over to the MP side of the business. The people on these teams were punished for a lot of things that were out of their control, and the blame is always solely placed on the team members instead of the broken business model experis operates under.
    -With very few exceptions, almost everyone I knew who was working there was looking to get out. Many were actively interviewing.

Advice to Management

-Almost everyone in management needs training on how to lead appropriately.
    -Treat your employees like people, and stop micromanaging to such an extreme degree.
    -Consider restructuring your business model, which clearly is not working.

"Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Experis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Experis make it a great place to work!

Cons

Management has diluted product offerings and a lot of quality people have left in the past 2 years. A lot of cost cutting measures have change to overall company dynamic.

Advice to Management

Go back to what was making the company great. Great people and diversified portfolio of product offerings.

11. "Sr. Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Experis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience working for Experis. Great working environment in Minneapolis. Fair salaries and benefits package.

Cons

Commissions could have been a little higher and more in line with BDM's commission plan.