Cover image for Extra Space Storage

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Extra Space Storage and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Company Review

Sep 23, 2022 - Store Manager in Owensboro, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since starting at Extra Space Storage I have learned there are companies that do care about their employees. They value my ideas and respect me. The atmosphere here at Extra Space Storage is one of family and teamwork. This company rewards good work and this job has stress just like anywhere else but it is a different kind of stress, more like everyday stress, My work environment is steady sometimes busy and sometimes laid back. As long as you are doing your job and following company policies then you will enjoy your job.

Cons

The weather is the only issue I have had to deal with.

2. 5.0

Best job I’ve ever had

Oct 4, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Bloomfield, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay rate, lots of down time, no micro management, many great people in the company. I’m not one to stay in one spot for too long as I always find myself either unhappy or wanting more, but this company is definitely somewhere I want to stay for the years to come.

Cons

Having to clean at times, dealing with garbage or pest still not bad though

3. 5.0

Culture Defines This Company

Oct 3, 2022 - District Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Positive, supportive, and collaborative culture that is TRULY lived by all in the company. * C-Suite that interacts and creates relationships with its associates. * Excellent Schedule. * Amazing growth opportunity. * Competitive Pay.

Cons

None to speak of at this time. Every job has its difficulties, but to this point the difficulties are not created by the company, simply a part of the business.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work life balance, and upper management

Oct 3, 2022 - Site Manager in York, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Management always asking for and receiving feedback - Run a site as if it was your own, within company policies of course - Super competitive compensation - Major holidays guaranteed off - Constant communication from senior management - Fast answers / IT help

Cons

- Working Saturdays (unless PTO is in) - Being outside in the cold / heat depending on the type of site

5. 5.0

I love my job!

Sep 30, 2022 - Employee Experience Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Organizational Culture, Inclusiveness, Work Life Balance, Learning and Development, Employee Engagement, Innovation, Core Values! Benefits package could be better, but it is a work in progress.

Cons

Field employee structure (navigating workload for the field and support in supervisorial roles).

6. 5.0

Great Career Path in the Storage Industry

Sep 29, 2022 - Location Manager in Lindenwold, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company on the up swing, Rewarding Job, Consistent schedule, Sets the industry standard for technology and communication

Cons

Limited employees, so changing you're schedule or taking a weeks vacation could be a bit challenging.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome place to work

Sep 29, 2022 - District Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Collaborative culture with focus on employees. -Executive team provides great vision for the company. -There is a high level of trust put into employees here to do their jobs. -Many support avenues are in place in the event that help is needed. -Fun and challenging environment with great peers. -Opportunity for career advancement if you want it. -The company values our team members and will always treat you with respect. -Hands down the best job that I have ever had.

Cons

-Very little that is on the con side from my experience. If anything, at points, there is a lot being asked of team members. However, this is where you have to prioritize and stay organized. Expectations are reasonable.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent company! Great Culture!

Sep 26, 2022 - Facilities Service Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with excellent growth potential. Family-oriented culture. Wonderful group of hard-working people

Cons

Fast growth generates some pain points but also creates opportunities

9. 5.0

review

Sep 19, 2022 - Corporate Support Service
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since i started working here for NSC call center remote from home, the staff and team leaders have been great! i love how we have help from all of them during the calls and i've met some great friends here. UTO(unpaid time off) sign ups have been a really cool addition when offered. i like being able to leave early if i want or schedule uto if i have appointments without using PTO or getting points for missing.

Cons

absolutely hate the point system for absences even with doctors note customers can leave bad reviews about site, rate increases, things that don't pertain to us as service agents and hurt our scores. reservations service has to finish even though it has to do more with sales changes in schedules when you have shift bids can be a tough adjustment especially when you wanna work what you previously had adjusted to

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Do they care?

Oct 2, 2022 - Assistant Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I've met and worked with have been really nice. I like the idea of working at multiple sites with different team members. It breaks up the monotony and keeps you on your toes.

Cons

If your looking to live on site these days, forget it. I work at a location that has an apartment. The site manager recommended I pursue living on site. Even though it's been unoccupied for over a year my DM told me they plan to turn it into more units, they just don't know when. I do enjoy the job but I have to do what's best for me and my family. I now have to pursue other jobs in my off time to move somewhere respectable. It's unfortunate as I do like my job and coworkers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,742 Reviews
</>Embed

Extra Space Storage Reviews FAQs

Extra Space Storage has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 1,775 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Extra Space Storage to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Extra Space Storage employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Extra Space Storage. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

81% of Extra Space Storage employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Extra Space Storage 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Extra Space Storage to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Extra Space Storage Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Extra Space Storage? Share Your Experiences

Affiliated Companies

Extra Space Storage Careers

Cover image for Extra Space Storage

About Extra Space Storage Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every...More

• Work Here!
  • Culture
  • Benefits
  • NSC-Call Center

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

15 days ago

Company News
2021 was a record-breaking year in almost every area of the business! Here's a look back at our external growth for that year. Read more about each of these accomplishments: https://lnkd.in/e8DRdMFQ We continue to grow and offer great opportunities!
Shared image - 2021 Annual Report Highlights: Our External Growth | Extra Space Storage
2021 Annual Report Highlights: Our External Growth | Extra Space Storage
www.extraspace.com

17 days ago

Company News
We are excited to announce the acquisition of Storage Express! Storage Express currently owns a 107-property portfolio across Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, and Kentucky. Uniquely, they operate smaller facilities in more rural markets with remote rentals. Our CEO, Joe Margolis, commented, "In addition to increased scale, this acquisition provides a new growth channel for Extra Space Storage to add smaller, remote-managed stores in both new and existing markets through acquisition and third-party management. I want to thank the employees of both companies for their hard work and strong execution on this transaction." Our core business – operating large storage facilities with a store manager on-site to take care of customers and the property – will remain our core business.
Shared image - Extra Space Storage Inc. Acquires Storage Express and Appoints Jefferson Shreve to its Board of Directors | Extra Space Storage Inc.
ir.extraspace.com

Public Storage

3.4

1,694 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,775 Extra Space Storage reviews submitted anonymously by Extra Space Storage employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Extra Space Storage is right for you.