GlobalTranz Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

3.4
GlobalTranz Chairman and CEO Robert Farrell
Robert Farrell
Pros
  • "Fast paced, constantly learning, younger (18-25) employees, decent benefits(in 19 reviews)

• "Great, relaxed, work environment(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "high turnover, there are lots of unknowns, can be hard to come in and make good money(in 12 reviews)

• "It's not a huge con, but GTZ offshores most of their software development(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Company

Apr 21, 2021 - Truckload Manager in Greenwood, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work on my own to develop best practices for me. Family like environment. Fast paced industry. My opinions and suggestions are listened to and welcomed.

Cons

System issues cause undue stress. Workload can be a challenge sometimes

Vice President of People & Culture

We appreciate you taking the time to review Globaltranz. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the great environment and the culture we have here at GTZ. Globaltranz has put a lot of effort into ensuring our employees continue having great experiences and know that their contributions are valued. If you have any further feedback, please reach out to PeopleOps@globaltranz.com

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting place to work!

May 6, 2021 - Shared Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced environment with a ton of opportunity to dig into areas for improvement and make a difference.

Cons

More thank enough work to go around. While this can be exciting and it does create opportunity, it can also be draining.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

May 5, 2021 - Logistics Coordinator in Niles, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are very friendly at global Tranz.

Cons

Downsides are they outsourced the LC department

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Sales Company

Apr 19, 2021 - National Account Manager in American Fork, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Personal, professional and financial growth.

Cons

You have to be willing to put in the hours.

Vice President of People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to review GlobalTranz. We know we have nothing of greater value than our people and hearing from you allows us to understand the employee’s point of view. We are glad you enjoy our fast-paced, ever-changing environment and the many busy seasons throughout the year. While logistics can be a though industry, working alongside like-minded individuals who are there to get the job done, make money, and have fun along the way makes all the difference. If you have further feedback or suggestions, please contact us at peopleandculture@globaltranz.com.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Nothing but dead ends

Apr 16, 2021 - Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The building in Scottsdale is nice. That's about it.

Cons

Pay is not competitive The executives idea of growth is buying other companies instead of building on the expertise of the employees they already have. The only raise ever received is a cost of income increase or if you change positions. In some cases supervisors or Managers don't know how to do their team members jobs.

Vice President of People & Culture

Thank you for your review of GlobalTranz. We value your feedback and appreciate your comments regarding our growth through acquisition. “We are Better Together” is one of our Core Values and we operate with the full understanding that a creative, motivated and diverse team of employees who understand that change is critical to success are our most important asset. At GlobalTranz, we are driven to be the best in the industry. By acquiring knowledge and technology, we improve our processes; increase the level of service that we provide our customers and increase opportunities presented to all employees. We encourage our teams to rise to the challenges presented and will continue to raise the bar in everything we do. In the spirit of continuous improvement, we would like to better understand the concerns you have expressed. We ask that you email us at peopleandculture@globaltranz.com so that we may obtain additional information regarding the concerns you have with our leadership team.

6. 5.0

Happy Employee

Mar 14, 2021 - Operations Representative in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture that promotes personal development - FUN atmosphere with coworkers - Multiple avenues for promotion / leadership roles

Cons

- No qualms about the company

Vice President of People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to review GlobalTranz. We know we have nothing of greater value than our people and hearing from you allows us to understand the employees’ point of view. We are glad you enjoy our fast-paced, ever-changing environment and the many busy seasons throughout the year. While logistics can be a tough industry, working alongside like-minded individuals who are there to get the job done, make money, and have fun along the way makes all the difference! If you have further feedback or suggestions, please contact us at peopleandculture@globaltranz.com.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Mar 25, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, good pay

Cons

Crazy exception, private equity firm

Vice President of People & Culture

We appreciate you taking the time to review Globaltranz. We are happy to hear you enjoy the great environment and the culture. We have been able to continue to do so even while we are all temporarily working in a remote setting due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Globaltranz has put a lot of effort into ensuring our employees continue having great experiences and feel valued as an employee. If you have any further feedback, please reach out to PeopleOps@globaltranz.com

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Logistics Cordinator

Mar 3, 2021 - Customer Success Coordinator in Niles, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance. Great place to start off your career

Cons

Can definitely do better with the pay.

Vice President of People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to review GlobalTranz. We are glad to know your experience at GlobalTranz is a positive one. Freight and logistics is a fast-paced, ever-changing industry and there are many busy times throughout the year. As you have mentioned that you are just starting your career, please understand that there will be plenty of opportunities for you to move into greater roles as you improve your knowledge and gain experience. GlobalTranz wishes to promote from within, and all open positions are posted internally for five days to give internal applicants the first opportunity to apply. We encourage you to check out open our positions and look out for opportunities to grow in your career. If you have further feedback or suggestions, please contact us at peopleandculture@globaltranz.com.

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Jan 29, 2021 - Logistics Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great benefits, awesome culture! Hard work is definitely rewarded!

Cons

This is not the right place for those who don't want to work hard and succeed.

Vice President of People & Culture

Thank you for commenting on your employee experience at GlobalTranz. We’ve worked hard to continue our strong culture of having fun while delivering excellent customer service. This year has limited the amount of engagement we have been able to plan as a company. Using Microsoft Teams for virtual Happy Hours or Trivia Nights have been a great option to continue bonding with each other and have non-work-related fun together! We appreciate your advice on encouraging participation in the overall corporate culture and will continue to communicate opportunities for employee events and involvement through our Corporate Responsibility program (CORE), which spear-heads everything from Green Infinitives to charity drives to fun employee contests. If you have further advice, please send to peopleandculture@globaltranz.com

10. 4.0

Globaltranz Eagan office

Feb 17, 2021 - Routing Agent in Eagan, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people and management yeah

Cons

Repetitive tasks, not a lot of holidays off.

Vice President of People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to review the company. We are glad to know you are enjoying your career at GlobalTranz, where hard work is not only noticed, but also appreciated. We know logistics can be a challenging environment, which is why we encourage employees to use their Paid Time Off (PTO) and Floating Holidays to enjoy time away from work and enrich their lives outside of GlobalTranz. In the first five years of employment, employees receive 16 days of Paid Time Off. In addition, all employees have six holidays off and three floating holidays for a total of 25 paid days off per year – starting on day one. (As tenure increases, so does PTO.) We also encourage involvement within the communities where we live and operate with paid Volunteer Time Off for our employees to help make a difference. If you have further feedback or questions regarding benefits, please contact us at peopleandculture@globaltranz.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 240 Reviews