GlobalTranz Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 15, 2019

3.1
Renee Krug

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The environment is lively and fast paced" (in 16 reviews)

• "Great, relaxed, work environment" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover and no job security" (in 10 reviews)

• "Do you want to work for a place they will take your book of business and then take if from you and give it to an EX manager" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Get In On the Ground Floor of a $1.4B Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GlobalTranz is a fast-growing company in a fast-growing industry, with great leadership, opportunities for advancement, industry-leading technology, and awesome teammates. What's not to like?

I joined GlobalTranz via an acquisition (one of several in the last two years). As you can imagine, I had some trepidation, as I was very happy with the pre-acquisition organization I was a part of. It has now been 3-4 months, and I am happy to report that the acquisition went smoothly, my new colleagues have been very welcoming and we are gelling as a team. Moreover, the culture of GlobalTranz is very similar to our culture pre-acquisition, which has helped ease the transition.

Cons

Going through an acquisition can be stressful, and there are a lot of details yet to be worked out, and sometimes that can be frustrating. But overall, it's has been very positive.

Advice to Management

Continue to clearly communicate the company's goals, plans and values. This is important, especially in a time of rapid change.

2. "Hard work...but can be rewardding"

Former Employee - Broker
    Former Employee - Broker

I worked at GlobalTranz (More than 3 years)

Pros

un-tapped commission, they give you all the tools to succeed, fun culture

Cons

high turnover, there are lots of unknowns, can be hard to come in and make good money

Advice to Management

The consistent changes of salary and commission can boggle most minds at the bottom of the ladder. Stick with rules and changes, and also realize that the people making the company money tend to be treated the worst.

"Fantastic Company and Top-Notch Executive Team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GlobalTranz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee-centric culture, fast paced agile organization, caring and driven C-Suite, fun environment, great facility in Scottsdale.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working! I can't sing enough praise for Bob, Renee and the rest of the leaders at GlobalTranz. It's rare to find an entire executive team on the same page and driving such an ambitious and caring culture.

"Best place to work from an employee who has been here for several years!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, environment, leadership, technology, Clinic on site, gym and personal trainer on site, cafe that is a starbucks vendor on site and much much more!

Cons

Fast pace environment, not a con for me but for some people this could be a con. For me, time flies by, more opportunities and never a dull moment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!! The negative reviews on here I can tell are from people who were not performing and the company made the decision to let go so they are bitter. To me, I love that GlobalTranz works hard to retain their employees but if the employee chooses not to perform they should let them go so other employees are not having to pick up their slack. It builds a better team and great collaboration between employees when everyone is working hard and striving for the same goal. I am in the shared services/corporate side and love that we have goals and can all see how we are doing weekly as a whole. We also have fun events led by our CORE team and charity opportunities to give back. I have not worked for another conpany that provided all of this to their employees.

"Great place for experience"

Pros

-Lots of opportunity.
    -strong team
    - opportunity to learn and grow.
    - fun environment.

Cons

-long hours.
    -need more staff coverage in certain areas.

Advice to Management

Find a way to streamline the customer experience so it doesn’t bog down so much time and slow down the department.

"Another turnover in HR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Absolutely not a single thing positive about this place

Cons

Very frightening how much turnover in the C suite and in the HR department in the last couple years!!! They fire people OVER and OVER... Do yourself a favor and run for the hills before coming to work at this place! Just read all the reviews! Enough said...I am looking to get out and quick!

Advice to Management

I won’t even waste my breath or energy! They don’t listen to their employees

"The Big Slide"

Former Employee - Classified in Prescott Valley, AZ
    Former Employee - Classified in Prescott Valley, AZ

I worked at GlobalTranz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For the most part it was a GREAT atmosphere. Friendly, family feeling to it. Management was decent to work for. Except one manager who went out of his way to train you. Would dedicate hours to work one on one with anyone, or a group of people to help you reach your full potential. He made the place seem not just a job, but a career. Somewhere you were proud to go to and tell people where you were employed. The morale was OUTSTANDING. It was always uplifting, and he made you want to put in 110%. Not just for him, but he made you want to do it for yourself and the Company. The pay was not to bad in the beginning, with his help, he had you making good commissions in no time. I was proud to work here. After he left, the place went downhill fast. Cant believe I stuck it out after he was gone.

Cons

Do NOT get hurt , or go out on medical leave of FMLA. Everyone who did was quickly weeded out. Corporate only cared about numbers. If you were not there you wern't producing. They say its your book of business. How quickly that changes when you are out for any amount of time due to sickness, injury, or personal family matters. They will give your book away, and escort you out the door on your return. Pay structure changed so many times. They always said it would be for the Agents benefit. It never was. Super high turnover. Became a hostile environment shortly after the loss of my manager. Micromanagement is unbearable. Some times it was suffocating. Had to force myself to get up every morning to go in.

Advice to Management

Treat people they way you want to be treated! Stop messing with peoples pay, you have lost top Agents and a Manager, who just took those dedicated customers with them. Stop lying to your employees, and be responsible for your own actions.

"You are replaceable"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GlobalTranz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are just graduation college its a great 1st job.
    Great training manager!!!

Cons

Senior Level Management doesn't have experience in sales. You will be told you are replaceable and you will be told "you will be printing money". Mostly you will be promised the world and they never follow through. No raises, no guidance, call count means more than bringing business in the door. Sr management is faking it until they are making it. The company doesnt care about you, they pretend to but at the end of the day you will be replaced by someone else. Do you want to work for a place they will take your book of business and then take if from you and give it to an EX manager? Just think about that because this will happen.
    The healthcare sucks!

Advice to Management

You should really bring sales managers that know what they are doing. Also, care more about your employees.

GlobalTranz Response

Nov 5, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. I’d like to learn more about your experience. If you would be interested in discussing further, please email... More

"Customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Prescott Valley, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Prescott Valley, AZ

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people working here are great

Cons

Horrible management. Micromanaging. Firing people for no reason. Upper management always looking down on everyone

Advice to Management

None this company won’t be around much longer

"Corporate"

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chill environment, flexible schedule, convenient location

Cons

High turn over rate, terrible pay, overworked, short staffed

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage, understand your employees need help and stop overworking them. You pride yourselves on the company culture, but majority of your employees are unhappy and underpaid. Stop taking advantage of your hardworking employees and playing favorites.

GlobalTranz Response

Oct 8, 2018 – Manager

Your ongoing contributions at GlobalTranz are much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. I’d like to learn more about your experience. If you would be... More