GlobalTranz Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2020

2.9
GlobalTranz CEO Renee Krug
Renee Krug
Pros
  • "Fast paced, constantly learning, younger (18-25) employees, decent benefits(in 19 reviews)

• "Great, relaxed, work environment(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "high turnover, there are lots of unknowns, can be hard to come in and make good money(in 12 reviews)

• "It's not a huge con, but GTZ offshores most of their software development(in 8 reviews)

1. "Globaltranz"

Current Employee - Branch Manager and Franchise Owner in Tigard, OR

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great technology and a supportive network.

Cons

I really cant think of any down sides.

March 25, 2020Vice President of People & Culture

Thank you for your review. We’re glad that you have enjoyed working with a supportive network here at GlobalTranz. We know that technology drives freight, and our team does a great job and creating and providing great technology and services.

2. "Claims Analyst"

Former Employee - Claims Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GlobalTranz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good environment and culture. Company really cares about their employees.

Cons

There is nothing bad to share about this company!

3. "An Ok Place to Work"

4.0
    Current Employee - AP Analyst Support in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diversity, Caring, Working to be better everyday

Cons

Some areas and department management needs review or replacement.

June 25, 2020Vice President of People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad you recognize all that we do to make your experience positive. Please contact us at peopleandculture@globaltranz.com so that we better understand your areas of concern regarding management.

"All about acquiring, doesn't care about current employees"

I worked at GlobalTranz full-time

Pros

The IL and MN branches are awesome places - great leadership, fun culture, decent employee engagement, even great perks.

Cons

GTZ only cares about acquiring small logistics companies to say they've had X amount of acquisitions in X amount of time. They do not take time to invest in their current employees and to grow them. Also, their leadership in Scottsdale does not care about anyone but the Scottsdale branch. The CEO seems very open at first, but doesn't care to consider any feedback on the leadership team.

June 25, 2020Vice President of People & Culture

Thank you for your review of GlobalTranz. We value your feedback and appreciate your comments regarding our Chicago and Minneapolis locations. “We are Better Together” is one of our Core Values and we operate with the full understanding that a creative, motivated and diverse team of employees who understand that change is critical to success are our most important asset. At GlobalTranz, we are driven to be the best in the industry. By acquiring knowledge and technology, we improve our processes; increase the level of service that we provide our customers and increase opportunities presented to all employees. We encourage our teams to rise to the challenges presented and will continue to raise the bar in everything we do. In the spirit of continuous improvement, we would like to better understand the concerns you have expressed. We ask that you email us at peopleandculture@globaltranz.com so that we may obtain additional information regarding the concerns you have with our leadership team.

"Black lives matter only to their profit margins."

2.0
    Current Employee - AP/IR in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They feed you to compensate for marginal raises, no bonuses, and used as "kudos".

Cons

Black history month has been excludwithed/unestablished even when addressed by front line employees for years. Was told once by a manager that GTZ preferred to celebrate the "happier holidays. "

June 25, 2020Vice President of People & Culture

Here at GlobalTranz we are committed to our GTZ family and proud of our culture. We embrace all of our diverse workforce regardless of race, religion, gender or beliefs. We do not condone any form of discrimination and will always be open to all backgrounds and identities. We value all feedback, and we’ll continue to find ways to improve the employee experience and expand upon Diversity and Inclusion. If you would like to share your concerns further please contact our People and Culture team, peopleandculture@globaltranz.com

6. "High Energy"

Current Employee - Logistics Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for less than a year

Pros

High Energy, Busy Environment, Fitness Center, Basketball Courts, Showers

Cons

Manual Data Entry, Incompatible Systems

April 15, 2020Vice President of People & Culture

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We’re glad that you enjoy the environment and happy to see that you enjoy the high energy at the company. We’re also pleased to know that you enjoy perks such as our on-site gym as we strive to provide employees with an environment they can enjoy.

7. "Don't ask questions..seriously.."

1.0
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Representative in American Fork, UT

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen. A few really wonderful people with good intentions.

Cons

Treated with EXTREME disrespect by NAMs and AEs. Don't ask questions...seriously..you're asked to speak to the NAMs and request information regarding loads as advised by training. Don't. They will call you out and call you an idiot, advise you that you don't know what you're doing, and then spread rumors about you to anyone who will listen. This is a commonplace issue, and no correction is received to alter these behaviors. No matter your performance level, you will be treated poorly by leadership and upper management.

June 29, 2020Vice President of People & Culture

Thank you for your feedback. It’s nice to know that you enjoy your co-workers, as we agree that we have an awesome team! And we’re glad that you enjoy the stocked kitchen (food and drinks are always great!). We would like to hear more about the work environment regarding asking questions and communicating with your managers as GlobalTranz has a collaborative culture. Please contact us to peopleops@globaltranz.com to further discuss this issue.

8. "Great place to work, great co-workers, great leaders"

Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GlobalTranz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Globaltranz truly puts a great deal of effort into taking good care of its employees. Benefits are top notch and there are lots of nice amenities. Not surprisingly, they attract great people, especially in the product development and project management areas. The executives are very down to earth and very competent. I particularly loved the VP of product development, who had great empathy for his employees and an amazing grasp of the overall picture. The dedication of others on my team who worked in the AP and AR areas was outstanding. I only stayed with the company a few months due to family health issues, but highly recommend this company to anyone! I would gladly work there again were my personal circumstances to change.

Cons

It's not a huge con, but GTZ offshores most of their software development. Naturally, the turnaround times are long and there are many communication issues, and the offshore team seems too large from my point of view.

March 25, 2020Vice President of People & Culture

Thanks for taking time to send in our review. Although your tenure with us was brief, we are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience at GTZ.

"Good Starter Company"

Current Employee - Logistics Representative

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid Hours, chill environment, good startup

Cons

Low Pay, outdated systems, no culture

March 26, 2020Vice President of People & Culture

Thank you for your review. We care about our employees and strive to create a positive environment. We review wages as it is our goal to remain competitive for our industry. We would like to learn more about how we could improve the culture, and would appreciate if you would contact us at PeopleOps@Globaltranz.com .

"Good"

Current Employee - Computer Services Specialist III in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment! Nice people and experience

Cons

Low paying job and no bonus

February 5, 2020Vice President of People & Culture

We appreciate you taking the time to review Globaltranz. We’re glad you enjoy the great atmosphere and culture we provide here at GTZ. Here at GlobalTranz we strive to offer competitive and fair wages to our pay employees. In fact, we spend a great deal of time analyzing market data and how we can get ahead of the industry and bring on top talent. Thank you again for your review. Please feel free to reach out to Peopleandculture@globaltranz.com with any further comments.

Found 211 reviews