MongoDB Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 210 reviews

4.3
MongoDB CEO Dev Ittycheria
Dev Ittycheria
Pros
  • "far ahead of the game in work-life balance - people are open to what helps you work best, and working in the office is motivating but also chill(in 15 reviews)

• "They put a lot of effort into hiring smart people with very diverse backgrounds, which I think is the key to MongoDB success(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lots to do -- can be hard to manage work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• "Selling open source database software is difficult(in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Finally, a company that knows what they're doing!"

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ Puts hiring the best and developing employees as the top priority. + Set vision for growth and outlined objectives to get there- strong follow through + Team culture- collaborative, fun, lots of team extra-curricular activities + Office benefits: catered lunches 2x a week, coldbrew on tap, fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fruit, beverages. + tons of resources to further develop your skills. + No real hierarchy...

Cons

- Still in a "selling" mentality for interviewing. At one point as an early start up, it was important to really share and sell our company brand/opportunity. Now we are established, people know our company, the value add with the technology being the leader in the industry, so we should put more time into deep dive vetting rather than selling.

Advice to Management

Keep at it. So impressed with the vision and execution towards further growth. Love being on this rocket-ship.

2. "Fantastic place to grow your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Company culture consistently gives employees an amazing amount of autonomy.

Cons

There's always more to do so work/life balance is something you have to actively hold on to.

3. "Great company with great opportunities to learn"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MongoDB full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Had a great manager who taught me so many useful skills and knowledge for how to run a successful lead generation program and collaborate with sales.

Cons

With so much passion behind the work, it can be hard to feel like you're contributing enough.

"Find your way back..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MongoDB full-time

Pros

Innovative product Massive market Very strong Eng and Sales teams

Cons

Unrealistic expectations No work/life balance Got super political post IPO

Advice to Management

Remember what made MongoDB great in the two years prior to IPO. Find your way back before it's too late.

• "Career-defining experience"

Former Employee - Chief of Staff in New York, NY

I worked at MongoDB full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Incredible people and technology Company is always growing -- created incredible opportunities for me over the nearly 7 years I worked there Massive market

Cons

Lots to do -- can be hard to manage work/life balance Focused on areas of improvement -- sometimes need to step back and acknowledge accomplishments

• "Great People!"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at MongoDB full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The highlight of the company was the people, I miss them a lot! Excellent benefits, standard tech company perks.

Cons

Limited growth in satellite offices for certain roles. Satellite offices also don't have the support that PA/NYC do (i.e. onsite IT, HR, etc) so if you need something from someone elsewhere there may be a delay.

"Amazing internship program"

I worked at MongoDB

Pros

MongoDB invests so much in its interns every year, and it really showed during my summer here. Interns get to work on real, challenging projects and everyone (including leadership) is super approachable and eager to chat. Many team leads were once interns themselves. Really collaborate culture, lots of opportunities to learn new things, and fun intern events!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

• "Amazing company with incredible leaders"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exciting growth, lots of opportunities for teams and individuals, feels like a grown-up startup. Have been here for a few months and even if I left today, I've already gained more valuable experience and learned more than any previous role in the same time frame.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on career growth and development

"Hitting stride!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Huge addressable market makes for high velocity sales motions. Everything runs on a database. Never shut out of an account. Companies are very open to better technologies than the incumbents. MongoDB has fantastic product market fit and product works very well.

Cons

Put a model in to prevent abuse of community version. Put better alignment between product management and sales to help with large customers.

• "Great product, great people, careful with politics"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at MongoDB full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great training and enablement, great leadership, actual best in class product, positive trajectory in terms of where the company is going, good colleagues

Cons

It's gotten pretty political in some respects post IPO -- not a huge deal as of yet but if it gets worse it could become a major negative really quickly

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing in terms of enablement, product vision, and leadership. Keep an eye on the politics and how it's impacting how people and teams work together.

Found 210 reviews